Am I the only one with any love for ol' blackie? spaceman_black.gif

Excellent work Calabar.

Brickdoctor, will we be able to count on Aanchir for color and accuracy this time around?

Pirate

Edited by Piratedave84

Brickdoctor, will we be able to count on Aanchir for color and accuracy this time around?

Yup.

Agreed, a great first step, setting a good tone for the build. spaceman_red.gif

One question, in LDD, it says your section is 259 bricks, are minifigs counted as one brick or are you going by just the total LDD count? And does a baseplate count towards someone's total?

One question, in LDD, it says your section is 259 bricks, are minifigs counted as one brick or are you going by just the total LDD count? And does a baseplate count towards someone's total?

I was going to ask that myself. I would guess that a minifigure would count as (hips+legs) + (torso+arms+hands) + (head) + (helmet) + (jetpack*) = 5 parts.

I've had a look at the model, and great work so far. I've got a couple of ideas floating around but rather nervous.

* I've always thought of them as jetpacks, even though they're oxygen tanks.

Edited by SilentMode

I have 350 bricks as the total.spaceman_blue_sceptic.gif

In any case, we go by the number LDD lists. This addition was 260 parts because 10 additional parts were required after color-correction, though do note that does not mean you should use incorrectly colored substitutes to use fewer pieces. Builders who turn in color-correct models are looked well upon by the hosting members.

I have 350 bricks as the total.spaceman_blue_sceptic.gif

In any case, we go by the number LDD lists. This addition was 260 parts because 10 additional parts were required after color-correction, though do note that does not mean you should use incorrectly colored substitutes to use fewer pieces. Builders who turn in color-correct models are looked well upon by the hosting members.

I have 350 bricks as the total, I was just referring to the new building, counting it separately. Sorry for the confusion there. So as I understand it, any set that is posted has already been reviewed and has been okayed by those in charge spaceman_red.gif

This is the first RCB I've followed, and just want to make sure I understand it correctly. Thanks!

So as I understand it, any set that is posted has already been reviewed and has been okayed by those in charge spaceman_red.gif

Correct.spaceman_blue_sweet.gif

Gotta say, that looks brilliant. Such a classic vibe. The legs are a nice touch, but my favourite element are the stairs.

Is it my turn yet? spaceman_red_grin.gif

Guidelines for discussion of the RCB:

• Do not ask when it will be your turn. I'll PM you when it is, so if you haven't been PMed saying it's your turn, it isn't your turn.

spaceman_blue_wink.gif

I will bug you, even if i can't sing.... muahahhahahahaa spaceman_red_devil.gif

If you bug the host too much, there are five other builders who'd love to take your place...spaceman_blue_devil.gif

If you bug the host too much, there are five other builders who'd love to take your place...spaceman_blue_devil.gif

*Get's on his knees, puckers up and gets ready to kiss big behind*

Edited by BasOne

Great start, Calabar! The garage/hangar really has a "classic space" feel to it. :thumbup:

On the ramp near the back, you've used loads of 1x3 slopes. You are aware that there are 4x3 slopes? This would save a few pieces.

On the ramp near the back, you've used loads of 1x3 slopes. You are aware that there are 4x3 slopes? This would save a few pieces.

There are? Huh. I didn't see those.

I wonder how big this thing is gonna be :laugh:

I'm thinking a little bigger than RCB 2, size-wise, though piece count will be around the same.

First post has been updated.

I was getting worried that Blue would feature too much in this build. But I love the current use of blue as the base colour. The build is looking great so far! (Even though it is only turn 3.)

Edited by MattTheLegoman

Is still going?

It's been quiet.....

As far as I know it's still going. I just finished my turn, so I guess we're just waiting for Aanchir to color-check it.

Is still going?

It's been quiet.....

Yep. Turn 5 is currently only awaiting the Color Master's approval.

You could always discuss previous turns if you want something to talk about. During RCB 1 everyone commented on the turns when they were complete. Maybe I should post whenever I update the first post, so you'll know when a turn is completed.

Edited by Brickdoctor