From the moment I saw this build I really wanted to join in. I made a Eurobricks account a few days ago and now this has come along. The only thing is, I don't know how to PM (D'oh!), so would a message here suffice? I've got no particular turn I want to take.

From the moment I saw this build I really wanted to join in. I made a Eurobricks account a few days ago and now this has come along. The only thing is, I don't know how to PM (D'oh!), so would a message here suffice? I've got no particular turn I want to take.

You have to make 10 posts in order to PM. Unfortunately, you will need to be able to PM in order to participate. If you want to try to get in, you have a few days to make those 10 (good) posts. (though I can't guarantee you a spot)

These Community Builds are an excellent source of fun with Lego Digital Designer! It will make the LEGO Company proud!

I have already sent a PM. And even if I do not get picked I will be excited to see the outcome. I loved the last three creations that came out and will be following every other RCB.

Thanks to Eurobricks and LDD for these sorts of things!

Bye the way, I am already studying and designing ideas for Classic Space.

My favourite set is:

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=6972-1

Polaris I Space Lab

Is this set Classic enough?

From MtL

Does anybody knows about a relationship between the colour of the space suite (red, yellow, blue, white...) and the role of the minifigs in the classic space "world"?

Does anybody knows about a relationship between the colour of the space suite (red, yellow, blue, white...) and the role of the minifigs in the classic space "world"?

I've always wondered!!!!! great question! My interpretation is as follows:

Black were security services

Red were citizens or the general population of my bases

Blue were astronauts

White were professionals (medic, fireman, workers etc.)

Yellow were engineers

Pirate

I went different way about that. Since red were the most common, I went with them as rank private. White as the next rank, yellow, black, and blue at top rank.

I would like to get involved but debating if I should sign up or not.

I thought something like:

red: pilots

yellow: logistics

blue: scientists

white: scouts/explorers

black: security?

Black: Guards

White: Pilot

Yellow: Mechanic

Blue: Leader

Red: Cannon fodder. :grin:

So I think we've established that the black ones are security/the cops and the red ones are civilians. We've just got to figure out the rest. :laugh:

Edited by prateek

Black were security services

Red were citizens or the general population of my bases

Blue were astronauts

White were professionals (medic, fireman, workers etc.)

Yellow were engineers

This.

As far as i remember from the top of my head there were no enemies or evil forces in Classic Space.

It was a purly civilian operation.

But as humanity thrives on conflict i had the black suited guys as the evil doers.

Reds were pilots

Yellows were techs and engeneers

Whites were medics and officers

Blues military

Allthough i didn't have many Classic space sets, i really came into LEGO during the Futuron ages Much cooler suites :tongue:

I do remember this one though.

The best one i had :laugh:

6952-1.jpg

As far as i remember from the top of my head there were no enemies or evil forces in Classic Space.

It was a purly civilian operation.

Indeed. Blacktron (I) was the first baddie faction, opposing Space Police (I) which defended the Futuron faction.

Welcome all to Outpost 928-497! :sweet:

Ok, I have to admit, my first thought was "Why base 431?", but then again, I'm not always right in the head :) If I am able to get in on this, it'll be a good challenge for me. I'm looking to push myself creatively, especially with a theme that is not my strongest, but one I've always liked :)

Ok, I have to admit, my first thought was "Why base 431?", but then again, I'm not always right in the head :) If I am able to get in on this, it'll be a good challenge for me. I'm looking to push myself creatively, especially with a theme that is not my strongest, but one I've always liked :)

Base 431? spaceman_blue_look.gif

It's Outpost 928-497.

I'm actually surprised no one commented on that. 928 and 497 were the set numbers for the beloved Galaxy Explorer.

Edited by Brickdoctor

Base 431? :look:

It's Outpost 928-497.

I'm actually surprised no one commented on that. 928 and 497 were the set numbers for the beloved Galaxy Explorer.

In my mind, I first read it as a math problem, that's all.

Also, hopefully not a stupid question, is the build limited to only pieces available with the classic space sets, or any legal piece?

Also, hopefully not a stupid question, is the build limited to only pieces available with the classic space sets, or any legal piece?

All pieces may be used, but only in colors in which they have been produced by TLG. The one exception is that if there is a newer version of a piece in LDD and not the older one, you may use it in colors of the old one as well.

So we should use "2 - Grey" right?

Ultimately it's up to you, though I personally am probably going to stick to the official color the piece was produced in as far as greys and bleys are concerned while using as much of the greys as possible to make the model easier to color-check. The exception to the color rule was added primarily to allow us to stick to the Classic Space color scheme of using the trans-yellow cockpits with a greater variety of the cockpits available to us in LE mode. Edited by Brickdoctor

Black: Guards

White: Pilot

Yellow: Mechanic

Blue: Leader

Red: Cannon fodder. default_laugh2.gif

Definatly my favorite idea yet default_laugh_new.gif

Definatly my favorite idea yet default_laugh_new.gif

Hey, I'm no Trekkie, but if there's one thing I learned from it, it's this. :laugh:

Imagine a multi-section base with mini-tram and pipe-lines connecting the "bases"! And little outposts attached in the distance. It could be a whole moon settlement.

Sounds awesome!:classic: But we need a LDD version of the Monorail track and trains.

It would be, however, fun to design a brick-built version of the Monorail, or a 'moon-rail', whatever it may turn out like.

Minifig study (http://www.brickset....ubtheme=Classic) [Note this is only the first page with the more resent half]:

White:

(2) Pilot 6881 6928

(7) Guardian 6845 6825 6871 6701 6701 6711 6803

(4) Scientist 6883 6952 6804 6711

() Mechanic

Black:

() Pilot

(4) Guardian 1558 6891 6951 6971

(4) Scientist 6985 6952 6882 6928

(1) Mechanic 6702

Red:

(6) Pilot 6783 6750 6874 6940 6985 6952

(8) Guardian 1557 6848 6846 6871 6951 1593 6701 6711

(4) Scientist 1968 6702 6806 6701

() Mechanic

Blue:

(3) Pilot 6827 6750 6971

(5) Guardian 6808 6702 6820 6805 6824

(6) Scientist 6972 1580 6940

(1) Mechanic 6809

Yellow:

(9) Pilot 6783 1558 6874 6892 6926 6971 1593

(12) Guardian 1499 6849 1526(Not released) 6780 6872 6807 6931 6951 6711

(7) Scientist 6702 6802 6985 6826 6847 6701 6823

(1) Mechanic 6701

And then we had the Droids

P.S.

My idea was that [i didn't have any Space, but my friends did.]

I think White would be Leadership

Black are the Antagonists or Explorers

Yellow would be security according to the numbers so far

Red can still be civilians

Blue are the scientists

Edited by MattTheLegoman

Very nice analysis, MattTheLegoman! :thumbup:

For me, as long as there are no baddies, I don't care who does what, so it's up to you guys. spaceman_blue.gif

Edited by Brickdoctor