Good job, guys! Did you know it's been just over 4 months since this RCB started? But it worked out great! I really feel like all the little space people are hard at work doing something important here.

I look forward to the next RCB too.

Absolutely fantastic work! It all feels alive and so colorful :thumbup:

At this rate TLG will want to get involved soon!

Wow, it looks fantastic! I think everybody did a great job! :thumbup:

I had a wonderful time participating in the build, and I hope I have the opportunity to do it again!

To everybody working on it - a job well done! I had fun discovering all the buildings, some interiors have great detail :thumbup:

It tooks many time, but at the end it has been completed!

Thanks to Brickdoctor, Aanchir, Superkalle and all the users here that have made this work possible.

As a bonus model, this is the garage as I thought it.

It is a bit different from the RCB one, I hope you like it anyway!

Wow! *oh2* It became really nice! :wub: Congrats to everybody who worked hard to get this done!

It was so excellent to see this through to its conclusion. The end result is colorful, detailed, and imaginative. :classic: Each builder contributed their own personal ideas to create a diverse settlement truly depicting the spirit of imagination that is central to how we remember Classic Space.

Pure Awesomeness, I do hope the Eurobricks will do plenty more in the future! Here's to that!default_satisfied.gif

So glad to be a part of it!

The construction site was a brilliant idea, Pie. Classic Space has never looked this good, all it needs are some of the old space ships. One idea that floated around was a second build onto this to expand (either space ships +/- docking, outside landscaping???)

WOW we did good!!!!!

The finsished model is reall nice!!! I think it was interesting to sse how one's idea became someone else's inspiration to build (i.e. defence-turret-turned-landing-pad).

Great work everybody, see you in RCB 4!!! Hopefully a pirate-themed RCB4 that is!!!!

Pirate

I can't believe we're done!

It looks fantastic, congrats to all the other builders. It has been so fun watching this grow over the past months, I too hope to get involved again with future builds.

Following up on the post by Calabar... this is the initial idea i was working with when i began work on the hangar:

(i know some of the colours aren't available :classic:) hangar.lxf

Edited by slacker int

LDD2Povray:

Nouuu... the rendering cuts out my garage! :grin:

I notice some problem with transparent bricks. Did you use antialiasing?

I notice some problem with transparent bricks. Did you use antialiasing?

Sorry about that. :tongue:

Yes, all transparent bricks are no AA for reduce rendering time.

Origin res=3840x2160, total randering time 3 hrs on i7 notebook (7 cores, 85% used)

Edited by bbqqq

Very nice render :thumbup:

The blue is coming across a bit intense/strong. I belive the color is right, but it should be less powerful. Hrontos, is there a way to adjust color intensity as a general value for some colors (or all colors)? I suppose that reducing intesity in photoshop would also work, but that would apply to the whole image, and it just seems here as the blue is too strong. (or maybe it's just because it's so much of it and the other parts are mostly grey?)

EDIT: To be honest, also the transparent parts are coming across very powerful, where real LEGO would be more pale.

Sorry about that. :tongue:

Yes, all transparent bricks are no AA for reduce rendering time.

Origin res=3840x2160, total randering time 3 hrs on i7 notebook (7 cores, 85% used)

To be forgiven, not you have to render my garage as it was thought at first! :tongue:

(if you are interested, you can find the lxf file here!)

About anti-aliasing, I thought the problem with transparent bricks was due to the use of antialiasing, and not to its lack!

I remembered that sometimes powray's anti-aliasing caused that kind of artefacts.

Thanks for the render, bbqqq. The blues are a little bit... off, now that Kalle mentions it, but I don't really care; it's a beautiful render. :wub:

And my Classic Space statue! :grin:

To be forgiven, not you have to render my garage as it was thought at first! :tongue:

(if you are interested, you can find the lxf file here!)

About anti-aliasing, I thought the problem with transparent bricks was due to the use of antialiasing, and not to its lack!

I remembered that sometimes powray's anti-aliasing caused that kind of artefacts.

As your request. :classic:

8012307288_f0573d3346_c.jpg

Calabar by Nachapon S., on Flickr

As your request. :classic:

Great, thanks! :wink:

There would have been a collision problem with the new LDD, I can see the Hook has been removed... I have to fix it! :hmpf_bad:

(I suppose you have removed the window glasses for the rendering)

EDIT:

I updsted the model to LDD 4.3.5