The idea is that by the time RCB 327 comes along, LDD will have advanced far enough to do 94 250-brick turns. Though I picked the numbers out of Star Wars.

:laugh:

Didn't know you were that big an SW fan :laugh:

Dockingbay 327 on the Deathstar, where the Falcon was parked, and Dockingbay 94 in Mos Eisley where the Falcon was parked :tongue:

Yes, i too, am a Starwarsian :laugh:

Dockingbay 327 on the Deathstar, where the Falcon was parked, and Dockingbay 94 in Mos Eisley where the Falcon was parked :tongue:

Correct! Among other things, 327 was also a model of Podracer, the Vulptereen 327, in the movies. But there's no penalty for missing that in the Starwarsian Club Admission Exam, because it's part of Menace, and not all fans can't be expected to tolerate that film enough to remember things like that.

That's off-topic, though.

Edited by Brickdoctor

Correct! Among other things, 327 was also a model of Podracer, the Vulptereen 327, in the movies. But there's no penalty for missing that in the Starwarsian Club Admission Exam, because it's part of Menace, and not all fans can't be expected to tolerate that film enough to remember things like that.

That's off-topic, though.

Must...

Kill....

Jar Jar...

Offtopic :P

"not all fans can't be expected"

Isn't that a double negative? :laugh:

Edited by BasOne

"not all fans can't be expected"

Isn't that a double negative? :laugh:

Yes. It's Big Cam's phone's fault.

Yes. It's Big Cam's phone's fault.

My English lessons at school are paying off :tongue:

I did mention i was not native Englisch speaker :grin:

Edited by BasOne

:laugh:

Didn't know you were that big an SW fan :laugh:

Yes, i too, am a Starwarsian :laugh:

Every 'Starwarsian' knows that 3, 2, and 7 are the prime factors of 42, the answer to The Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything as well as the length of an X-wing in feet. And don't forget Platform 3-2-7 on Cloud City in Empire. :tongue:

To get back on topic, prateek's addition should be turning up soon...

BasOne, for a non-native English speaker, your fluency in the language is admirable. :thumbup: English lessons?

Edited by fallenangel309

Normally I don't announce it, but since you mentioned it, prateek was busy this week and asked for a reserve to take his turn, so Kestreltalon has Turn 13 at the moment.

Every 'Starwarsian' knows that 3, 2, and 7 are the prime factors of 42, the answer to The Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything as well as the length of an X-wing in feet. And don't forget Platform 3-2-7 on Cloud City in Empire. :tongue:

BasOne, for a non-native English speaker, your fluency in the language is admirable. :thumbup: English lessons?

Zaphod for Emperor :grin:

And thank you, what's wrong with lessons?

A lesson is a structured period of time where learning is intended to occur.

Multiple, lessons :tongue:

Okay, I just gotta say "WOW!" over the launch-pad and rocket! It looks so nice, very sleek and very well designed! Excellent job!!

Gonna be entering my contribution when I scramble home for my lunch break - hope the beginnings of a nursery/botanical studies complex will be acceptable to y'all. didn't have time to revise as much as I like to

Okay, I just gotta say "WOW!" over the launch-pad and rocket! It looks so nice, very sleek and very well designed! Excellent job!!

Thank you :grin:

Update:

As you may have heard, LDD recently updated to version 4.1.8. Participants that still have to work with the model, (alienwar9, J4ke, Piratedave84, wmanidi, lalror, CallMePieOrDie, and Aanchir) do you want to update, or run LDD in offline mode until you've finished whatever you need to do in the RCB?

Update:

As you may have heard, LDD recently updated to version 4.1.8. Participants that still have to work with the model, (alienwar9, J4ke, Piratedave84, wmanidi, lalror, CallMePieOrDie, and Aanchir) do you want to update, or run LDD in offline mode until you've finished whatever you need to do in the RCB?

I'd say update. People should have the option of using the new parts in the updated version, I think. I already updated, and I'm sure other builders will have as well. And after a person has updated, then even offline mode won't keep them from using parts specific to the latest version, making it so that the next builder has to update just to load the model properly. So one builder updating could potentially eliminate all future builders' freedom not to update.

A better question would be whether we would allow previous builders to recommend changes to what they have added in order to use some of the newly-available parts. I know that the first step of the model (the repair bay) included a crane made from click-hinges, meant as a stand-in for the Aquazone-style hinges that would have appeared in Classic Space sets. Now that the Aquazone-style hinges are (mostly) available, should Calabar be allowed to incorporate them (or more realistically, ask another member to incorporate them for him since he's had trouble loading the full model now that it's grown so much)?

Edited by Aanchir

I'd say update. People should have the option of using the new parts in the updated version, I think. I already updated, and I'm sure other builders will have as well. And after a person has updated, then even offline mode won't keep them from using parts specific to the latest version, making it so that the next builder has to update just to load the model properly. So one builder updating could potentially eliminate all future builders' freedom not to update.

A better question would be whether we would allow previous builders to recommend changes to what they have added in order to use some of the newly-available parts. I know that the first step of the model (the repair bay) included a crane made from click-hinges, meant as a stand-in for the Aquazone-style hinges that would have appeared in Classic Space sets. Now that the Aquazone-style hinges are (mostly) available, should Calabar be allowed to incorporate them (or more realistically, ask another member to incorporate them for him since he's had trouble loading the full model now that it's grown so much)?

The stand-ins that are no longer needed can be replaced, but nothing more. If I remember correctly that's only said hinges and some baseplates that haven't been updated.

I had meant to try to get everyone's opinion before making a decision, but since our highly important Color Master has already done so, RCB 3 will now be using LDD Version 4.1.8. If you have not updated already, do so ASAP. (unless you've already taken your turn, but if you want to view turns from after today, you should probably update anyways) RCB 3 will be postponed until Sunday, August 14th to give everyone a chance to update and ensure their copy of the program is functioning correctly. (including myself-still having difficulties :blush: )

First post updated. PMs will be sent out and the RCB will resume tomorrow, so if you haven't updated, do so before your turn.

First post updated. You may have noticed we've run out of reserves. If another builder is unable to complete his turn, I'll go back to the beginning of the list of builders who couldn't participate, so legolijntje will be Reserve #6.

And also, that is the coolest Botany Laboratory, and the Local Newspaper is great! We have some of the best and most excellent builders for this!

With my contribution (turn 10 - the tower with the shuttle coming out), there is still a gap in the back (could be filled in, but anything else is possible (including another shuttle)).

There are also other buildings that can do with some gap fillings (I think the command centre, hangar 3, and the launch pad building) - use your spare bricks (if you have any).

I can't wait until it is finished. What is the status of continuing this build once the 3rd Community build is finished. (I don't want to build but I will be excitedly following it just like this one.)

Seems people are adding more of their own stuf and don't bother finishing other buildings.

I'm no exeption, but i did reserve a number of bricks to contineu other builds.

Seems people are adding more of their own stuf and don't bother finishing other buildings.

Not to encourage it, because even I have limitations on brick usage, but that's why I go last. To tie up all the loose ends. :wink:

Our apologies to our consumers.

Due to temporal disturbance time has been standing still

Time continuation will start probably very soon.

Our apologies to our consumers.

Due to temporal disturbance time has been standing still

Time continuation will start probably very soon.

Very funny.

Due to a number of complications (sickness, crashed computers, etc.), This latest turn is taking forever to complete. This RCB has just been plagued by builders getting to their turn at the wrong time. :cry_sad:

I just took my turn.

Due to work and laziness, I just added street lamp in the town. 12 street lamps for 240 pieces. ;)