Stormbringer

Which forum does my MOC/topic belong in?

I'm very new here, so sorry for the obvious.

There are ALOT of categories and themes on Eurobricks so I'm wondering where to post images of my mocs correctly without messing up.

I have alot of fantasy castle mocs that also include dragons, so I don't know if I should upload them in

Historic Themes (which sounds historic, right?) or Scifi.

Also I'm curious which themes do these go in: Pokemon, Military, Non-Castle Creatures, and Mecha.

Thank you.

Just pick what seems to be the most appropriate theme. Fantasy castle does belong in Historic. Pokemon and Military would belong in Special Themes, Mecha in Sci-fi, and Other Creatures depends on the creature itself. Aliens could go in Sci-fi, Star Wars creatures in Star Wars, creatures from a movie in Licensed, etc.

Just pick what seems to be the most appropriate theme. Fantasy castle does belong in Historic. Pokemon and Military would belong in Special Themes, Mecha in Sci-fi, and Other Creatures depends on the creature itself. Aliens could go in Sci-fi, Star Wars creatures in Star Wars, creatures from a movie in Licensed, etc.

That was a quick reply, but very helpful. Thanks a bunch!

Pointless Cool Fact: You're user 18000. :tongue:

Random off-topicness aside, Brickdoctor's pretty much right. Remember, there are little tags under the forum names that say each theme that's included in it. So that could make it easier for you, if yours are related to themes in question.

Edited by CallMePieOrDie

I want to create a thread to present MOCs based on a TV show. Do any of you know what forum I should post that in?

Thanks!

-Perry, professional spy platypus

If the TV show is related to current Licensed themes then it goes to Licensed otherwise Special Themes is the place to go.

If the TV show is related to current Licensed themes then it goes to Licensed otherwise Special Themes is the place to go.

Thank you very much.

Thank you very much.

I think you post that in community since Phineas And Ferb [if you are gonna do that] is not made by LEGO yet. But stuff like Batman, Spiderman go to Licensed because they were made in 2003 or what

I think you post that in community since Phineas And Ferb [if you are gonna do that] is not made by LEGO yet. But stuff like Batman, Spiderman go to Licensed because they were made in 2003 or what

Right, so you reply to his reply to my Staff Answer to his question? *Ponders for a moment*

I will repeat: Any MOC based on a TV show, book, video game, film, comic, website, manga, anime, cartoon, flash game, console, music act, theatre show, musical, play, poem or rock group that has not been previously licensed by The Lego Group and is not planned to be so in the future as far as we know, it goes into Special or the subtheme it most obviously belongs.

For example, say I have created a Blade Runner MOC, as a Sci Fi film, it goes into Sci Fi but if I created say, a MOC based off Twister, I would post it in Special. A Pokemon MOC? Special, a MOC of something from Avatar The Last Airbender? Licensed.

Phineas and Ferb, not being licensed by TLG to make sets, the MOCs based on it would belong in Special themes.

Remember, use your better judgement on a MOC and ask here if you are not sure.

Further to what Pep says, any movie scene-related MOCs are welcome in Special Themes. We have a TV section too :wink:

I've clarified the title to this thread.

Recently I received a whole load of lego, and among the bulk was a few items which were clearly "offical lego sets" my guess they are from the 80's or 90's.

I have tried searching peeron,bricklink and others for any term I could think of that matched the items I found, yet no luck.

Is it allowed in the rules to post a picture of the items in hopes someone would recognise and hopefully identiy the item?

Example the current items are from some incarnation of Town/City.

Would such a thread (if allowed at all) go in the forum for that theme? Or elsewhere?

Thanks in advance

Richard

This thread would be a good place for you to try, and its always interesting to see rare/ strange/ unusual sets and parts.

I was going to recommend the general forum, unless you specifically knew they were all town parts for example, but the thread mikey linked would be your best bet.

Hey guys.. have a question about TRU's upcoming "Bricktober" promotion, AND it's specifically about the Forestmen fig. Not sure where to post it...? BUY/SELL? LEGO EVENTS? Thanks

Hey guys.. have a question about TRU's upcoming "Bricktober" promotion, AND it's specifically about the Forestmen fig. Not sure where to post it...? BUY/SELL? LEGO EVENTS? Thanks

I would guess Special Themes, but that's just my guess.

I made a Ju88 on LDD, which is finally finished and I'd like to post it somewhere on here, but I'm struggling to find where exactly to put it because I don't see any WW2 things anywhere :o

Is WW2 even allowed to be posted in these forums at all, or is it still considered to be too 'recent war' kinda thing, the same as TLG's stance?

Many thanks in advance!

Military MOCs should be posted in the Special Themes forum, although occasionally LDD MOCs are posted directly in the LDD forum. Not sure what is the official word on that? :look:

Edit: Sorry, Cornelius was faster!

No worries, thanks!

On that note, good point brought up. Before I do post it, should I post it in the LDD forum, or is it ok to post in the Special Themes section? My aim of it isn't to show my LDD skills (I have nothing against them appreciating it either :classic: ), but more to show this to the WW2 fans so they can appreciate it and get advice/criticism from them on making it perhaps more accurate etc. (it is currently complete and not in the WIP stages)

No worries, thanks!

On that note, good point brought up. Before I do post it, should I post it in the LDD forum, or is it ok to post in the Special Themes section? My aim of it isn't to show my LDD skills (I have nothing against them appreciating it either :classic: ), but more to show this to the WW2 fans so they can appreciate it and get advice/criticism from them on making it perhaps more accurate etc. (it is currently complete and not in the WIP stages)

You can post it directly into the special themes forum.

Hi!

I'm at the moment working on a MOC/diorama with a more industrial touch with conveyors and a high bay warehouse. It's not using technic functions (but some technics elements) but I could not find a more suitable place to post it. Just want to check before it post it in the wrong place. If this is not the best place where should I post it?

The MOC is far from ready, working on it mostly in LDD right now while waiting for bricklink delivery.

/haberg