Sign in to follow this  
Catanas

REVIEW: 4866 - The Knight Bus

Cheers - very nice review, and all that purple looks lovely !

I find it very hard to love the design though. While I wasn't expecting accuracy in a play set like this, am I alone in thinking that the bus looks absolutely awful ?! It looks like it was designed by a child. Which is perhaps the point I guess....

While I'm sure that under 12's will enjoy building and playing with it, I wonder how many older people will just get it for the parts and minifigs...?!

D.

Thanks Catanas for the excellent review. I like your humour a lot. Especially your cartoon at the end :tongue: !

Fond of the HP sets I'm likely to buy this one, though I'm giving it a shot when/if they are priced off...

Great review! I am not too excited for this set, but at the same time I feel it's a definite improvement over the last one. Of course, I didn't get that one either... the Knight Bus was neither my favorite vehicle nor my favorite scene, while Prisoner of Azkaban was neither my favorite book nor my favorite movie. And of course I was a little bothered that the new PoA figs were not compatible with my previous collection, nor were the Hogwarts locations in that series (I had become a big fan of building my Hogwarts ever larger after the first two waves of sets).

I agree that the face of Stan Shunpike here doesn't work for the character at all, which is a shame because comparatively the old head looks terribly out-of-date. The new jacket is better than the old one in my book, though. The figs fail to convince me to buy this set primarily because they're either repeats or minor characters, not because I don't like their design quality.

Thanks for the excellent review... I have the first bus set released. Made the mistake of only buying one, will have to get to of these when they hit the local stores.

Ralph

I dont like the bus itself but when you look at all those nice pieces yu gotta like it!

Thanks for another great review and comic, which is hilarious!

Thanks, again a great review

The bus looks wrong to me because the driver is sitting so far back. To me, that spoils the whole charater of it as the driver sitting over the front wheel is such an important design feature.

I would really like a bus but I think I might have to get 2 and combine them into something a bit longer and a bit more accurate

Nice review Catanas! :classic:

This may be a dumb question... but where and HOW did you buy it? In the Netherlands it isn't even in stores yet!

Regards,

SiriusBlack

In the department store near my house they had them out early. I got Battle for Hogwarts too, but will let someone else do a review of that! Tis very nice though. I guess they weren't supposed to have them out though as I went back today and they'd all been taken off. :P

In the department store near my house they had them out early. I got Battle for Hogwarts too, but will let someone else do a review of that! Tis very nice though. I guess they weren't supposed to have them out though as I went back today and they'd all been taken off. :P

NOOOO! Please can you do it haha?

I love your style and I am so desperate for a review of it... So please!!! :laugh:

Yes, PLEASE :cry_sad: do a review of Battle of Hogwarts, or at least a comic (the last two end-of-review comics you did are hilarious :laugh: ).

Arrr, thanks guys. Works picked up quite madly of late so no time I'm afraid, but looks like someones already done a lovely review with big lovely pictures anyway! :) Might have a pop at a comic tommorow if I finish at a decent time, though not sure where to put it!

And ooOOoo! A title! <3