Hoexbroe

More classic cars...

indexed.gif V-LC-13A to V-LC-13B, and V-LV-30C to V-LV-30D

***POST UPDATED! (16/10-2011) New vehicle added on page 4!

***POST UPDATED! (23/9-2011) New vehicles added on page 3!

***POST UPDATED! (13/6-2011) New vehicles added on page 3!

***POST UPDATED! (28/5-2011) New vehicles added on page 2!

***POST UPDATED! (22/5-2011)

Hya all!

After posting the DS-mania! topic here on the forum, I´ve kept on building small (minifig-scale) detailed cars!

First off, a very well known (if you lived in Europe around 1950-1970) delivery van;

dsc04681.jpg

dsc04698.jpg

Citroën Type H

Second off, the car "that you always promised yourself to get one day";

dsc04729r.jpg

dsc04732r.jpg

Ford Capri Mk1 1970

Third;

dsc04689.jpg

dsc04692.jpg

dsc04694.jpg

Another Citroën Type H "Meals on wheels".

The H-type vans had a nose-job after the initial photo-session. So they really looks like this now;

dsc04699.jpg

The update; A(nother) 2CV was added too;

dsc04736.jpg

dsc04737.jpg

The model is the same as already shown in my "One BIG moc", except for a small change to the middle window.

A photo of the complete collection so far;

dsc04738rc.jpg

What more to tell... They are mostly 5-wide, except for the DS which is 6-wide and the 2CV which is 4-wide. I think they are more or less minifig-scale. What (historic) car should be next¿?

Bu-bye!

Edited by Phred

Wow! These are awesome! I really like the last two :thumbup:

Great SNOT work on these.

Very nice work Hoexbroe. The "Meals On Wheels" looks great with the minifig in it and I must say that the first picture of the red car gives me the impression of a die-cast car. Pretty impressive! :thumbup:

indexed.gif V-LV-29F

I really like your vans, they're excellent.

A citroen DS would be a nice addition.

Thanks.

You mean like this one;

dsc04674t.jpg

Sometimes I wonder if people actually READ my postings... <sigh>

Edited by Phred

Two brilliant Citroen H vans and a Ford Capri! Excellent work.

I heard of a guy who swapped the gearbox out of a DS into an H van because he wanted an extra gear. Unfortunately, Citroen being Citroen, one of the engines revolved in the opposite direction than just about every other engine- so he ended up with 5 reverse gears and one forward!

I've already seen your excellent DS, by the way, so I have read your posts (probably not all of them- haven't been around that long).

An impressive collection of LEGO classic cars indeed. I really like how you effectively used ribbed bricks to give the two vans a textured body surface. The Ford Capri looks great too in regal red color scheme and with the overall sleek and smooth design. Excellent work as always Hoexbroe! :thumbup:

These are fantastic, Hoexbroe! Building detailed cars in that scale is a huge challenge, and managing to make them so instantly recognizable while still so small is a great achievement. I've been very interested in cars all my life, and it's fun to see so nice models. As somebody else already noted, the Capri almost looks like a die-cast. But still I think the 2CV is my favourite - you've captured its iconic shape perfectly.

Great new set of classic cars 'Hoexbroe'. I really like the amount of detail put into these small cars. Very good work here :classic:

Great 2CV! Too bad those wedge plates don't come as a tiled version, or else it would be perfect :thumbup:

Outstanding MOCs! They all look just like the real cars and they are highly detailed. The 2CV looks great in yellow and the Capri looks great in red. :thumbup:

Extremely well done.

~buddy~

Henrik:

You have made some really outstanding creations.

To create an easily recognizible car in "only" 5-wide is amazing.

Also, I acknowledge you are smart who copy "old" cars with a lot of characteristic details (unlike modern cars....).

May I, as a Swede, suggest you build for example:

SAAB 93.

Volvo PV 444 (or 544)

Volvo Amazon.

Which are great examples of models also easily recognizable.

As an Englishman, how about that most quintessentially English of cars, the Morris Traveller (Morris Minor estate/break/station wagon) with its timber frame which, unlike most 'woodies' is actually structural. It was built on the chassis of the van derivative, and because steel was expensive post war, used aluminium panels. An incredibly characterful car, it was the English answer to the VW Beetle, but with suberb handling (unlike the VW). It was also distinctive for its exhaust note, which sounded like a fruit fart every time it changed gear or slowed down. Not to mention gearbox/ axle whine.

Modern cars can't come close in terms of sheer character.

Really nice looking models; very recognizable even for an American who hasn't spent so much time around these classic cars. I really like the way the 5-stud -> 4-stud transition at the windshield level gives them a kind of "beltline"; excellent SNOT work as well.

These are all very nice models, all easily recognisable!

The ford is my favorite, the lines and silhouette are sleek!

Keep em coming!!!

Pirate

indexed.gif V-LV-31C & V-LV-31D

Hi all,

2 new vehicles has been added;

dsc04763.jpg

Morris Minor Traveller (Hi Legoless!)

5-wide.

dsc04767.jpg

VW T1 "Bulli"

6-wide.

The two new ones together;

dsc04768.jpg

I have definatly been too fast on the trigger this time; I just realised that the Minor has the headlights all wrong. -I am currently trying to fix that. The T1 also got new snot-windows and side-mirrors after the shoot. I applogise for not having the patience to finish these details properly before publishing the pics... :blush: