Sebeus I

Black Pearl's Revenge

thindexedgif.gif 105A

The black pearl and the official Queen Anne's Revenge engaging in a battle.

It's obvious who's winning, the Pearl is faster, bigger (in this case) and heavely armed.

I posted more pictures on mocpages .(Black Pearl) for the interested.

The black Pearl isn't actually finished but I'm planning major modification which will include having a large part of the hull redone. So I decided to take some pictures in its full glory before I start the modifications.

dsc02802.jpg

dsc02792.jpg

dsc02820.jpg

dsc02825.jpg

dsc02836.jpg

dsc02840.jpg

I like how the window frames turned out. I'm very curious for the official set, I'm particulary interested in how they will approach those difficult shapes.

Following is a picture of the prototype, I liked this view but didn't succeed in getting a sharp picture of the last version.

dsc01437.jpg

I hope you liked it, the Pearl will now enter the drydocks for a reconstruction process :pir-devil:

dsc02846.jpg

Don't forget, more pictures on mocpages (Black Pearl).

I think this looks great, the sails especially, the material just looks great.

I do have to ask you to please resize your images to a maximum of 800x600. You can returner change the setting on your camera when you take the pictures or use a number of free services to resize them. The paint program that comes with Windows is a good option our I also like www.picresize.com

Thank you

Sorry, I can't view the picks with my slower internet connection until your pics are resized.

I would look in the Index of Tutorials for a relevant tutorial for you to resize these pics.

I really like it, I think if you put flames or those light up bricks inside the cabin then it will look really effective, But that's just my opinion :jollyroger::pir_laugh2:

hmmm, I'm not used working with brickshelf, I reduced the images via photoshop and uploaded them again but that doesn't seem to make a difference on Brickshelf

Wonderful ship! I love it! The colors are great (ok, it's mostly grey and black, but it's the Black Pearl, right?), the three lanterns in the back are great, the sails are just awesome, and the overall construction looks massive and sturdy. Great job! The Lego Company should just pay you to produce this version instead of building their own with far less details and pieces :pir-wub:

Edited by Cherno

If you want a faster method of re-sizing your images on your computer, I'd suggest you use Irfan-View - fast and reliable.

On the topic: I like the cabin windows and how they support the organic design. I am also very fond of your brick-build hull but what I find really neat is the capstan.... I just don't know why, but I love the concept.

hmmm, I'm not used working with brickshelf, I reduced the images via photoshop and uploaded them again but that doesn't seem to make a difference on Brickshelf

All of the pictures are of an appropriate size except the first one, and it's not too much over the limit.

Thank you for adjusting those for us.

Well done your BP looks great , very close to the design seen in the new video game though your windows are better IMO. pirate_thumbup.gif

Lets hope TLG brings us a ship as nice as this one later in the year. pirate_wubnew.gif

I'm working on the cabin now, building an interior.

I'm going to use some dark red, brown and (dark) tan to counter the black. Adding an extra color to the exterior (the brickbuild hull) does not work.

I tried dark grey but it looked worse.

I think I'll leave the hull as it is, I will use some tiles to make it possible to access the gun deck. I must say though that the gun deck isn't a very interesting part of the ship.

More interesting would be the cargohold containing the brig, jack's rum stock, some animals and maybe a kitchen ?

However those are located partially beneath the waterline so I'll need to expand the hull for that.

I have one Idea that might work. A removeable hull part with tiles. But that's for later, first I need to optimize the cabin.

dsc02849.jpg

dsc02851.jpg

Another issue, as you might see captain jack is sitting quite low in the cabin.

Should I raise the cabin's floor a bit or leave it like this ?

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum

It is just too black for me to tell how good it looks!

Taking shots outside is a good idea- but I am still struggling to see the detail, though it looks like there is some good stuff in there even from what I can see.

It is a bit monotonous with all the black.

Maybe I should change the deck to a dark tan color or grey maybe.

LEGO needs to produce more dark brown, that would really be usefull as dark brown is close to black.