Sign in to follow this  
SkaForHire

A MOC using 7075 hull.

How did you manage to get al those hull pieces???

before people were charging 15 dollars per piece on bricklink, it was more like 2.50 and i bought all this one shop had (2) found another captain redbeards ship on ebay for five (yes five!) dollars after shipping. and i bought my original captain redbeards ship.

FIVE DOLLARS?!!??! I knew it's not the best LEGO set but five dollars?!?!!? I had to pay(or my parents, it was birthday gift) over 50 dollars!!! lol

it was not MISB... but it was complete and polybagged.

before people were charging 15 dollars per piece on bricklink, it was more like 2.50 and i bought all this one shop had (2) found another captain redbeards ship on ebay for five (yes five!) dollars after shipping. and i bought my original captain redbeards ship.

FIVE DOLLARS?!!??! I knew it's not the best LEGO set but five dollars?!?!!? I had to pay(or my parents, it was birthday gift) over 50 dollars!!! lol

Even then, it is still very cheap! :-)

and if you thought i was a little nuts with so many of those hulls... i just pulled out my whole collection here to sort it and start on a small town MOC (It will be very very hard to do with what i have... but i am going to try. My ships need somewhere to dock.)

I counted "normal" hulls i had...

final tally:

Wide: 4 sets (bow and stern) BSB style, 1 set RBR style, 1 set SES style, 14 red middles, 1 brown middle.

(before someone asks... i am going to attempt to use electrical tape (either red or brown) on the outside to make them look right around the whole ship... i have seen this done on other MOCs... and looks OK)

Skinny: 3 sets of Armada Flagship style, 3 sets of RR style, 4 white middles. and a buttload of brown inverted sloaps for building middles.

my rigging is severely lacking... so much that i dont have any rigging! LOL actually, i am waiting for this bricklink shop to contact me back for payment.... i bought a ton of rigging and masts... thought i better do it so if i every want to build anything in the near future i could....

So anyway... if you were bidding on hull parts two years ago, i was that dick on ebay that kept winning... LOL. sorry. i am much broker for it now!!!

Which is why I am posting this link.... please someone bid on it so i dont have to!

In all it's a nice ship. I can't help but wonder the dude in the crow's nest... How does he get down?

I also noticed that you have a crane coming off the tall mast, does it swivel? What's it's purpose? The placement seems a little odd.

Overall, I really like what you are trying to accomplish. The hull is a peice of crap but you've managed to make it usable... I'm with MisterPhes and wish you could have elongated the ship. But really it does look nice.

Congrats!

And on another note...

i just did some digging in what i have at home... and came up with some 7075 hull.... here is a picture of what i could do.... lol. Note: the HMS Inventive (uploading images as i type this of that ship) in the middle is about the length of a SES...

100_1462shrunk.jpg

I'm gagging at the size of this hull!

I wrote in another thread: Egad! That is one whopper of a hull! But when I first saw it "sail barge" immediately sprung to mind. I think its the squareness of the bow and stern that caused that so like Ghoulrealm said "It's more a matter of how you build the upper decks alone."

I assume you've got a mountain of bricks to turn this into something magnificent!