22kane

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

There is a really good IG post showing the three new BAM figures for Christmas, assuming there are only 3.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ckph7jVpzOP/?hl=en

The gingerbread woman appears identical to the one that came with the Winter Village set.  Mrs. Clause is underwhelming.  The old Mrs. Clause that was previously released (again, with a Winter Village set I believe) is superior in every way.  I have the older version, so no need for me to try and track down this new version.  I do like the sweater on the little boy.  I might try to get several of them.

As @karrit mentioned above, I was hoping for a new elf.  I have lots of elves with green hats, a few with red, and a few with pink.  I was hoping to get more variety or at least more balance between the numbers (more reds and pinks).  Oh well.  Maybe next year.

Edited by wooster

Yeah, that sweater is the real prize here. I think I can make that Mrs. Claus with parts I already have. She looks more like a woman cosplaying a feminine Santa than the traditional image of Mrs. Claus.

On 11/7/2022 at 1:55 PM, RichardGoring said:

Got some nice torsos at the BAM tower in Glasgow, UK last week.

Are those Viking-looking torso's new? I haven't seen them before.

On 11/9/2022 at 11:40 PM, Exetrius said:

They're from an.. erm, excuse the word- old CMF figure https://brickset.com/sets/8805-12/Evil-Dwarf. The years fly by, don't they? :tongue:

I actually own a couple of those but never took the beard off to notice the wings on the chest.

It's unusual to see such an old piece in the BAM.

Oh man, that Christmas sweater is great! I was hoping this would happen after the AC’s had them. Going to the store Saturday but I think it’s too early for my area.

Hola!! En Barcelona (España) en la tienda oficial ya llegaron y los tienen puestos sueltos para que se puedan montar  

C0E77BFA-4AD4-4B40-BC69-A40D5F23E645.jpeg

2 hours ago, cacacolito said:

Hello!! In Barcelona (Spain) in the official store they have already arrived and they have them loose so that they can be assembled

C0E77BFA-4AD4-4B40-BC69-A40D5F23E645.jpeg

Got given a set of the 3 Xmas bam figs as a gift at the lego club Xmas party, they are really cool.

Managed to snag 15 viking torsos in Leicester square today, ive found some matching printed brown legs. Anyone know from what they are?

A8C6D985-6735-4A8F-A222-5BD4FE11727C.jpeg

Edited by unclejeffie

3 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

New 2023 BAM figures for January and Spring are on Reddit Legoleak. Some reuse, but also some new prints and colours that look good.

Definitely liking several of those pieces. I’ll have to keep an eye out for the lute and the new French Bulldog recolor. 

Pretty boring for my tastes. Just as well. It’s a beating having to drive all the way to Dallas with no guarantee of what is in stock. Calling ahead helps, but that’s a beating too. 

As with each new release of these not quite enough cool stuff to justify the stupidly high price of BAM in Australia's LEGO Certified Stores.

I like the bulldog recolour and it's nice to see the rabbit get recoloured, but blue is pretty useless. Couldn't they have done a brown or nougat or... literally any realistic colour they haven't done?

I honestly thought the pictures are from some Chinese knock-offs at first... shame the bam selection is so heavily focused on City; it wouldn't hurt one bit to add some historical or futuristic/space torsos

Online BAM could really use any sort of update, inventory has only declined over time.

I know it's still not available in north america, but why did they "beta" test it in Europe, only to leaving it like it's abandoned even after removing the beta mention. :shrug_confused:

Would be at least nice to see any hint of the service being updated at some point, even if it's with older parts from 1+ year ago, or out-of-season leftovers.

I am not expecting much update anytime soon (currently Pick a Brick standard is even paused due to a large amount of "unexpected" orders)

Edited by TeriXeri

On 12/10/2022 at 9:34 PM, Robert8 said:

oh wow I love the little clown girl

And also another brick costume color

Is this our first female clown?

On 12/11/2022 at 12:54 AM, Four Bricks Tall said:

Same, I find these really boring and the rabbit recolor useless. Saves me trips to LBR stores for the next several months it seems.

I initially thought it was silly of Lego to make a blue bunny, but after a google search, there are actually real-life blue rabbits! LOL

1 hour ago, hikouki said:

Is this our first female clown?

I initially thought it was silly of Lego to make a blue bunny, but after a google search, there are actually real-life blue rabbits! LOL

1. It's our first definitively female-coded clown, for sure. To my mind, any face without visible facial hair could be female. And with clown makeup on, who could tell anyway? :D

2. Not quite that blue, of course; like most "blue" mammals, it's more of a cool gray. But the blue bunny could still work as an Easter toy or for a more fantastic look.

22 hours ago, Karalora said:

1. It's our first definitively female-coded clown, for sure. To my mind, any face without visible facial hair could be female. And with clown makeup on, who could tell anyway? :D

2. Not quite that blue, of course; like most "blue" mammals, it's more of a cool gray. But the blue bunny could still work as an Easter toy or for a more fantastic look.

They have already used that tone of blue for one of the owls, so it’s clearly just intended to be a ‘normal’ rabbit variant. Seems they are deliberately stretching the palette of animal colours lately. 

On 12/13/2022 at 12:29 AM, Karalora said:

the blue bunny could still work as an Easter toy or for a more fantastic look.

It'd be easy to draw a slot on it's back with a marker and use it as a bunny piggy bank? I imagine Lego might give us a recoloured 6319751 eventually to represent a piggy bank?

On 8/22/2022 at 4:12 AM, jonwil said:

This is a picture of the Build-a-Minifig station from one of the more recent LEGO store openings here in Australia at Karrinyup:

1635315007134_GFJ3HBJT0.1-0.jpg?imwidth=

The Dreamworld LEGO store (my local) got a remodel recently and has the same style Build-a-Minifig station as do possibly other recent store openings in Australia (and from what I can tell on Google, at least one store in New York has this stand as well)

That’s my store. I love no more than 4km from Karrinyup Shopping Centre. Love this store and the Warhammer store so much.