22kane

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

Indicate that this is a very interesting post, in the lego store of Barcelona, capital of Catalonia, you can see the same pieces as in the rest of the Lego Store in the world.

Last time I went to the LEGO Store (last week) I asked one of the employees if I HAD to build three minifigures or if I could just take any 15 pieces. They told me if I wanted to take 15 accessories, yeah, sure, take whatever you want, but stick to the 15 pieces rule.

Got a bunch of rabbits and lobsters, as well as a few laptops and spiders.

What's the rotation period for the pieces? When do different pieces get added to the tower? Is there a schedule or just "when it starts to look empty"?

1 hour ago, Terrasher said:

Last time I went to the LEGO Store (last week) I asked one of the employees if I HAD to build three minifigures or if I could just take any 15 pieces. They told me if I wanted to take 15 accessories, yeah, sure, take whatever you want, but stick to the 15 pieces rule.

Got a bunch of rabbits and lobsters, as well as a few laptops and spiders.

What's the rotation period for the pieces? When do different pieces get added to the tower? Is there a schedule or just "when it starts to look empty"?

I believe I read in this thread that stores get pieces every quarter. And they will slowly fill the BAM store each time is drains out a bit with the pieces they have in the back.

Went by my local store today and the BAM cube had some new pieces for the fall, mostly Halloween themed. The most exciting piece for me was a new, easy way to amass jack-o-lanterns (they didn't have any problem with me treating them as accessories). A slightly modified series 14 spider lady is available almost in her entirety, aside from the cape. The printed web lines are magenta instead of red now, the printed spiders are dark grey instead of metallic, the hands are dark grey instead of white, and her eye shadow is magenta instead of lavender; also, the spider on mid-torso has been raised so it no longer overlaps the dress slope. Most importantly, though, the black beehive hairdo doesn't have a spiderweb printed on it, so it can be used for just about anything. Other pieces I nabbed (not counting those sighted before) include the vampire torso from Monster Fighters, now with purple accent printing in place of dark red; the bitey side only of that figure's head, now in light grey; a legs assembly with two potion bottles that I've not seen before; and Scarecrow's hat/hair combo from 76054.

New and noteworthy pieces I saw but did not purchase include the Native American headdress from Series 3 (which, given the Halloween theme of the rest of the new parts and how controversial Halloween costumes of Native peoples are here in North America, is a little surprising - but I'm glad to see the piece available nonetheless); the series 14 witch's face with magenta makeup instead of the old, subtle green look; and the series 14 witch's torso, which seemed unaltered but I didn't do a side-by-side comparison. There were also black spiders galore in the new mold, to fill out the Halloween theme.

Hopefully someone else can fill in anything I missed. Most of these exclusive pieces already seem to be inventoried on BrickLink, though they're hard to find if you don't know what to look for. Best bet is to run an advanced search for each type of minifig part displaying only those results not inventoried in a set.

48661857958_7d41ad2cfe_h.jpg

48667416267_e061023ca5_c.jpg

Latest batch, got a few more exclusives. No light grey cats or Spooky Girl hair in cool yellow...was hoping to grab a few more. Saw a bunch of the pumpkins & other Halloween parts. 

Edited by Vindicare

On 9/1/2019 at 8:49 PM, kalexicon said:

Hopefully someone else can fill in anything I missed. Most of these exclusive pieces already seem to be inventoried on BrickLink, though they're hard to find if you don't know what to look for. Best bet is to run an advanced search for each type of minifig part displaying only those results not inventoried in a set.

48661857958_7d41ad2cfe_h.jpg

Capture.JPG.a787ad438db7f7e719f68ff22682f5f2.JPG

Last year some stores had these pre-made "build a mini" sets at Halloween. They came with spider lady, vampire, and witch. I think I saw most of these pieces loose in the build a fig bins yesterday.

They also had what I think was the head from the series 12 "spooky girl," but I didn't see any of the other body parts from that figure.

On 9/2/2019 at 9:11 PM, Vindicare said:

48667416267_e061023ca5_c.jpg

Latest batch, got a few more exclusives. No light grey cats or Spooky Girl hair in cool yellow...was hoping to grab a few more. Saw a bunch of the pumpkins & other Halloween parts. 

The link doesn’t work, could you post it again? Please? :sweet:

12 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

The link doesn’t work, could you post it again? Please? :sweet:

Man...I am having technical difficulties posting lately. :wall: Hopefully this worked.....48684358713_8415d3e7d8_c.jpg

Edited by Vindicare

3 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Man...I am having technical difficulties posting lately. :wall: Hopefully this worked.....48684358713_8415d3e7d8_c.jpg

No, still not working :cry_sad:

5 hours ago, J4ck said:

No, still not working :cry_sad:

48686586521_7d9b6ee934_c.jpg Okay...lets give this one more try......:ugh:

Bloody hell...the exclusive bits, since that’s the fun stuff to talk about, are the acoustic guitar, the vet hair in cool yellow, the cut off jean shorts, & the Vampire lady hair minus the web. @Soupperson1

Edited by Vindicare
Tried adding picture....again

6 hours ago, J4ck said:

Cheers @Vindicare! I love the cats.

Okay good! I think I cut off too much the first tries. Yes, I’m turning into a crazy LEGO cat AFOL....and I don’t even know why. I’ve seen pictures of exclusive light grey ones as well, just no luck finding any. 

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

Okay good! I think I cut off too much the first tries. Yes, I’m turning into a crazy LEGO cat AFOL....and I don’t even know why. I’ve seen pictures of exclusive light grey ones as well, just no luck finding any. 

Medium Stone Grey ones aren't exclusive. I think it might have been Dark Stone Grey ones.

Also I don’t blame you, it’s a decent cat mold. Best ever.

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

Medium Stone Grey ones aren't exclusive. I think it might have been Dark Stone Grey ones.

Also I don’t blame you, it’s a decent cat mold. Best ever.

D’oh! :facepalm: I guess I didn’t dig deep enough on Brickset. Not exclusive, but rare. I see a CMF had it...so that’s where it came from. They have a thing for old ladies & cats. :laugh:

14 hours ago, Vindicare said:

D’oh! :facepalm: I guess I didn’t dig deep enough on Brickset. Not exclusive, but rare. I see a CMF had it...so that’s where it came from. They have a thing for old ladies & cats. :laugh:

The Dark Stone Grey cat has never appeared in any sets, making it exclusive to BAM.

I can verify that the figures that were special for 2018 Halloween are back for 2019. Since I got these last year I was really hoping for a new assortment of Halloween variants, but I guess for those who missed them this is good news.

The champs shirt (with glove, from picture above) and a pair of cut-off jeans also are relatively new.

I have also never bought 3 complete minifigures and always just buy 15 parts. And to be 100% honest, it's mostly what feels like 15 pieces but neither I or the clerk ever count. I will also speculate that the profit margin for these must also be through the roof even after you consider all the heads that are usually rolling all over the floor.

On 9/7/2019 at 3:20 AM, Grover said:

The Annapolis, MD store had the Princess Leia (aka dark brown forest maiden) hair in their BAM, as well as the shields, guitars, and a bunch of the other stuff people have already posted here.  That was a nice discovery, as it works well for medieval figures.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=11261#T=C

That hair was available for a while a few years ago in BAM, so was her torso and legs. I bought a load of the torso as they make good fleshie peasant women.

53 minutes ago, Four Bricks Tall said:

These have started appearing for Halloween:

-snip-

Holy cow! Great torso and leg designs, and hairpiece recolours are always welcome!

6 hours ago, Four Bricks Tall said:

These have started appearing for Halloween:

Instagram_emolego_71900477_185863479114384_978308792396390734_n.jpg

Wait, what!!!!  What store did these come from?

The BAM is really becoming a great place to find new, rare and unique pieces, to bad I live so far away from the nearest Lego store:wink: