22kane

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

was at the BAM in Orlando @ Disney Springs today (its 10 miles from me) Couldnt find hardly anything. Took my about 30 minutes to get the wizard. Hundreds of hats, about 3 heads, about 6 torso's - 1 feet/dress NO OWLS (danggit!) Did get 3 violins though.

No Knights... maybe a dozen helmets. NO Shields, no animals other then rabbit, snake and rat.

Also 9.99 for me

Got this Parfait from the wall

PXL_20220625_174100986

Edited by natesroom

59 minutes ago, natesroom said:

Got this Parfait from the wall

PXL_20220625_174100986

For some reason my first thought was that you blended baby yoda into a smoothie (I guess it makes sense that a Disney lego store would have more Star Wars geared colors in the PaB wall)

3 hours ago, natesroom said:

hahah i like that!

Order up: double-blended mint-Grogu shake, extra-light foam, double Yoda-gurt shot, hold the Fett, with a cherry on top, in a Beskar mug. Again, "Moff Gideon" your order is ready!

Edited by Murdoch17

7 hours ago, natesroom said:

was at the BAM in Orlando @ Disney Springs today (its 10 miles from me) Couldnt find hardly anything. Took my about 30 minutes to get the wizard. Hundreds of hats, about 3 heads, about 6 torso's - 1 feet/dress NO OWLS (danggit!) Did get 3 violins though.

No Knights... maybe a dozen helmets. NO Shields, no animals other then rabbit, snake and rat.

Also 9.99 for me

Bummer on the BAM.  Hopefully they will have better stock when I visit in a month.  Was supposed to go last week but had to postpone due to illness.

6 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

For some reason my first thought was that you blended baby yoda into a smoothie (I guess it makes sense that a Disney lego store would have more Star Wars geared colors in the PaB wall)

What's in his cup is pretty much like what is usually available in the PAB wall at my nearest store, there's usually lots of sand green parts so not just a Disney Lego Store thing.  They rarely seem to get good stuff at my nearest store or it's already gone when I actually get to visit.  Wish they would get rid of the orange cheese slopes already & get some different colors of the flower 1x1's & trans 1x1's.

i got dark grey cheese slopes those were nice. The PAB used to be alot better when i used to go pre-plandemic. They had some other useful pieces, but i didnt want to get another cup. I do need to get more of the sand green. i wish they had the brick with the stone mold. They used to have it but i need some sand green of that and sand green plates.

I got two creator castles so i kinda spent my budget. Maybe i'll head out again in a month also.

Edited by natesroom

I phoned my local store in the UK on Friday and was told that they don't have the new BAM pieces and hadn't heard anything about new stock coming in either.

I was advised to check again in August.

How disappointing. I just want some of the new Black Falcon parts.

On 6/25/2022 at 5:54 AM, Black Feather said:

Well the knight is definitely popular.  Grabbed three prepackaged BAM with knight-wizard-pirate on Sunday.  Went back today and no knights at all.  Plenty of everything else.  I even went through the piles (for the first time ever) with help from my kids, but all I found was one shield and 5 helmets.  No torsos.  Is this something that gets restocked or is it one wave and done?  I actually live close to a store but usually shop online except to check the wall for parts occasionally.  But will start checking BAM too if they make figures like that.  I really hope they do the online version in the US soon.  Don’t like the open bins where the pieces get tossed about, arms and legs rearranged etc.

When stock of the Falcon print comes in, this happens (see page 70)...

Edited by MAB

1 hour ago, MAB said:

Maybe they have all been bought already, but I went to the store shortly after news broke and there was nothing there, even from the other new parts.

It's still possible, but seems unlikely that it would happen and the employees wouldn't even know what I was talking about.

I'm actually lucky enough to have 2 stores not far from where I live, so I may try the other one which isn't as popular.

2 hours ago, natesroom said:

I may have to drive out to Lego Land (45min approx) from my house and see whats going on out there.

Always call first. They can tell you if they have them in stock or not.

11 hours ago, MAB said:

Impressive! I wondered whether I had overdone it buying eight of those torsos and legs today at the Charlotte store. Clearly not.

13 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Impressive! I wondered whether I had overdone it buying eight of those torsos and legs today at the Charlotte store. Clearly not.

Interestingly, they had the silver falcons torsos and the DBG/black legs, and the green knight/troop torso and legs. But no weapons or helmets. Got a few BF shields though.

I just ran into a video that walks through an online version of BaM. It’s in beta and apparently only available in Europe. Anyone else use this before? This would be a nice way to serve the folks that don’t live near a Lego store. (Like me)

At the store i was at they had a machine that did a build a mini that you could personalize. It said it was a 3 hour wait, but there was like 40 prebuilt minis in a case.

4 hours ago, SirBlake said:

I just ran into a video that walks through an online version of BaM. It’s in beta and apparently only available in Europe. Anyone else use this before? This would be a nice way to serve the folks that don’t live near a Lego store. (Like me

Yes, my 3 first figs are on the way (used it as a way to get over the threshold for the forestmen GWP). The normal sets shipped first, then the figs, the B&P have not shipped yet.. I think it is excellent for those of us living far from a shop with BAM, however the number of parts is not the best yet. Hopefully they will get all the BAM parts hat have come out the last few year soon, then it would be fantastic for army-building as well :classic:

6 hours ago, SirBlake said:

I just ran into a video that walks through an online version of BaM. It’s in beta and apparently only available in Europe. Anyone else use this before? This would be a nice way to serve the folks that don’t live near a Lego store. (Like me)

Yes. I have done three orders of 40 figures so far. The parts range is very limited and you can only order a max of 40 figures per order. Some parts were quite scarce / high value and some have already been removed. Some prints are a little hard to work out what they are and they don't tell you product numbers.

12 hours ago, MAB said:

Yes. I have done three orders of 40 figures so far. The parts range is very limited and you can only order a max of 40 figures per order. Some parts were quite scarce / high value and some have already been removed. Some prints are a little hard to work out what they are and they don't tell you product numbers.

Good info, thanks for that. Hopefully they get this worked out, updated and available to the rest of the world. 

In other news: success! Found the new parts in Dallas, so for any North Texas folks out there, go get ‘em! Also, they allowed any 5 parts, so I was able to load up on Falcon knight torsos, legs and shields. Lots of stock there though, so My army building didn’t really make a dent. 

I’m new to the BAM tower and was wondering what everyone’s strategy is when they go into a store? Do you have specific figures you are looking for or do you want to be surprised. I was surprised how hard it was to find accessories. It took me 15 minutes to put together the new pirate and the new castle knight. I was able to find majesto’s legs but that was the last part. I never found the knights helmet. I was the only one there and it seems harder than it should be. 

1 hour ago, KuhlAidMan said:

I’m new to the BAM tower and was wondering what everyone’s strategy is when they go into a store? Do you have specific figures you are looking for or do you want to be surprised. I was surprised how hard it was to find accessories. It took me 15 minutes to put together the new pirate and the new castle knight. I was able to find majesto’s legs but that was the last part. I never found the knights helmet. I was the only one there and it seems harder than it should be. 

It. Takes. Fo r  e   v     e       r         .           .                 .

I've actually quite liked it when they have pre-made figures during the pandemic. Super quick to get what you want.

But it can be great for specific parts that you want. Either army building style, or, in some stores, being able to just get 15 pieces, so you can get a load of torsos or accessories/animals.

Knowing what you want before you go in is great, as you can search for a specific piece, which is generally easier than browsing through to see what takes your fancy and then trying to match stuff together for a complete figure.

It does take forever.  It helps a little if the store makes the effort to keep the heads, torsos, legs and hair & accessories separated in the different compartments of the tower but most don't bother.  The accessories are the worst because the good ones like the animals go quickly.  I like to maximize value by trying to find the ones that command higher prices if you can buy them individually from the online PAB.  Basic accessories like most swords, wands, scissors, the Friends style crown, Friends Hair Bow, party hat and most of the common hats are usually cheap from PAB or ones that you get multiple spares of in sets.  I avoid those but there are always tons of them available.

Went to the Lego store today and built some figs including the new "Black Falcon" knight, a wizard, and a lady pirate!

Something that just occurred to me... do you think the Build-a-Mini stations might ever include space-themed figure designs? I know that exclusive figs have included modern-day, fantasy, and historic-themed figures before, but I can't think of many sci-fi figs that have released that way. It could be neat to see more figs of that sort through Build-a-Mini, especially if they took inspiration from some of the space themes of yore.

Edited by Lyichir

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Went to the Lego store today and built some figs including the new "Black Falcon" knight, a wizard, and a lady pirate!

Something that just occurred to me... do you think the Build-a-Mini stations might ever include space-themed figure designs? I know that exclusive figs have included modern-day, fantasy, and historic-themed figures before, but I can't think of many sci-fi figs that have released that way. It could be neat to see more figs of that sort through Build-a-Mini, especially if they took inspiration from some of the space themes of yore.

That would definitely be a welcome addition, especially if they took the opportunity to revisit themes that have yet to get a modern cmf take, like M-Tron or Spyrius 

Arese: BaM and PaB still locked and labelled "Ask the Staff". Light blue dog costume finally has arrived, I don't remember any other recent piece being available.