22kane

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

I really hope I can get some of these new BAM parts at the Disney Springs Lego store when I go to DisneyWorld in June.  I don't know if I'll have a chance to visit my not really local Lego store before then.  Last time I visited my nearest store they didn't have much new parts and I still need the Spring/Easter wave with the Yellow Chick, Butterfly Girl & Magenta Bear.

I haven't seen that wave with the yellow chick, butterfly girl and bear at my local yet either.

Yes, finally the BAM exclusive animals are back:grin_wub: Hopefully we will get some of the new City animals in new colors after the summer.

A lot of "cowboys" in BAM now, hope for some native American ones soon within the Western theme since I collect them:classic:

That BAM wizard is very nice, a mix of multiple older figures, yet not a straight up copy, and overall very detailed.

• 1995 Majisto/Wiz :cas019.png
  • 2014 CMF Series 12: col179.png
  • 2016 Merlok (Book exclusive Nexo Knights): nex059.jpg

The western/cowboy parts are very interesting as well.

Edited by TeriXeri

Been looking all over for the Tiger lady and it isn't even listed on eBay anymore. It is also not listed on Bricklink! I am not near any physical Lego store. Any ideas?

23 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

That BAM wizard is very nice, a mix of multiple older figures, yet not a straight up copy, and overall very detailed.

Since BAM has generated two Blue 'Wizards' can we add or rename one of them? I feel the new one is more 'wizardy' and the older one seems more like a magician.

14 hours ago, hikouki said:

Been looking all over for the Tiger lady and it isn't even listed on eBay anymore. It is also not listed on Bricklink! I am not near any physical Lego store. Any ideas?

Searching for "BAM" on bricklink gives the results for entered Build A Minifigure specific parts. Guess this is the one you're looking for? https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=973pb4065&in=M

2 hours ago, MstrOfPppts said:

Searching for "BAM" on bricklink gives the results for entered Build A Minifigure specific parts. Guess this is the one you're looking for? https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=973pb4065&in=M

Nope, not that one.

I’m looking for the year of the tiger lady with the tiger print plate. She wears a red dress with prints. New foe 2022.

Spotted a bunch of new parts at the Robina LEGO Certified Store earlier today, if you are in Australia its probably worth checking your local store...

New parts appearing in Australian stores.  Store manager told me they should be out at all Australian stores now. 

The blue wizard posted before was there, so I got a couple.

These castle torsos were also there.  So I bought a bunch.

https://jaysbrickblog.com/news/are-lego-introducing-a-new-castle-faction-the-white-falcons/

There were also pigs in my store.

18 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

This guy sure jumps to some big conclusions based on one BaM torso. 

I agree, by that logic , I could say that pretty much every torso/shield print was it's own faction , like the CMF raven, bear, moon emblems , the many shield inserts from nexo knights, and not to forget the white horse/orange fox factions from 2 nexo knight main characters.

Like really,  I found the Hotdog Knight faction : 

tn_70361_alt7_jpg.jpg

Of course this is meant as a joke, but still , with some imagination any of those shields could be it's own heraldry/faction.

Edited by TeriXeri

When I saw this new Black Falcon torso, my first and only (still is to this day and probably beyond) thought is could this be the Black Falcon royal guard? This minifigure like with most other pieces and minifigures can be whatever we want them to be.

27 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

When I saw this new Black Falcon torso, my first and only (still is to this day and probably beyond) thought is could this be the Black Falcon royal guard? This minifigure like with most other pieces and minifigures can be whatever we want them to be.

That's what I thought too, some black Falcon figs did have red hips or plumes and even 1 case of a red torso, so could be imagined as a different "rank" compared to the more common figs with just black pants, especially in the 2 Castle sets (6073: Knight's Castle and 6074: Black Falcon's Fortress) , the horse riders have red hips, the other figures do not

I'd like to imagine at least that knights that could afford a horse, and better armor, and were of some higher nobility/rank compared to a spearmen which could've been a militia or peasant drafted for wartime.

This BAM torso is just one of the nicest detailed chainmails regardless of the falcon emblem.

Edited by TeriXeri

8 hours ago, SirBlake said:

This guy sure jumps to some big conclusions based on one BaM torso. 

He loves a good speculative article.  

I linked to it because he took good close up photos of the figs and it saved me doing it... ;-)

On 5/4/2022 at 8:19 AM, TeriXeri said:

I agree, by that logic , I could say that pretty much every torso/shield print was it's own faction , like the CMF raven, bear, moon emblems , the many shield inserts from nexo knights, and not to forget the white horse/orange fox factions from 2 nexo knight main characters.

tn_70361_alt7_jpg.jpg

Of course this is meant as a joke, but still , with some imagination any of those shields could be it's own heraldry/faction.

Like we wouldn't pay good money for a Hotdog Knight mini.

On 4/29/2022 at 9:51 AM, hikouki said:

Nope, not that one.

I’m looking for the year of the tiger lady with the tiger print plate. She wears a red dress with prints. New foe 2022.

If nothing else, whenever the new BaM comes our way online, you should be able to grab her that way. In the few examples I’ve seen they even years old parts that I haven’t seen in ages at stores. 

So at a discovery centre they had a bunch of great torsos. Which would be awesome. But somebody had RIPPED ALL THE ARMS OFF the good ones. So every Chinese style torso I found had no arms. And the guy had put the arms on other torsos because they were nowhere to be found. :cry_happy:

So the online BAM is back up again - but without most of the interesting pieces... :pir-bawling:

On 5/4/2022 at 3:19 PM, TeriXeri said:

tn_70361_alt7_jpg.jpg

That isn't the hotdog knights faction. That is the hotdog with mustard knights faction, after they split from the hotdog with ketchup knights.

1 hour ago, Hive said:

So the online BAM is back up again - but without most of the interesting pieces... :pir-bawling:

Yeah, it has been up a day or so, with many interesting pieces gone. That may be why that guy's post back in April had the order so messed up with many knight pieces missing. Maybe they were never meant to be there in the first place and they didn't have stock, so those parts just got scrubbed from his order. With CMF at £3.50 and these at about £2.00, I can understand why they don't want to allow online bulk purchasing of cool army builder parts. But the service does become a bit useless then.

21 hours ago, MAB said:

With CMF at £3.50 and these at about £2.00, I can understand why they don't want to allow online bulk purchasing of cool army builder parts. But the service does become a bit useless then.

I would note that for dual moulded legs on BaP they are AU$4.84, while the BaM online is $3.33 for a figure. So at least you can get a significant saving there if the ones you want are there, along with a free head, torso, hair/hat, and accessory. Although potentially Bricklink would be cheaper for the legs.

On 5/7/2022 at 12:40 PM, Lego-fire said:

So at a discovery centre they had a bunch of great torsos. Which would be awesome. But somebody had RIPPED ALL THE ARMS OFF the good ones. So every Chinese style torso I found had no arms. And the guy had put the arms on other torsos because they were nowhere to be found. :cry_happy:

What kind of sick, Sid-from-Toy-Story type person does that to something they didn't even buy.. let along all the good torsos?!?

I wonder if it was a kid, or somebody just being a jerk... or both.

8 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

What kind of sick, Sid-from-Toy-Story type person does that to something they didn't even buy.. let along all the good torsos?!?

I wonder if it was a kid, or somebody just being a jerk... or both.

I would say both.  When I was at the Lego store @ Disneyland a couple of months ago there was a family there that was swapping hands on a bunch of the torsos.  It seems like that goes on a lot there because there were many handless torsos & lots of loose hands in the bottoms of the bins so I guess people can't be bothered to at least put the hands they pull out that they don't want into the figures they are leaving behind that they wanted the hands from.