22kane

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

Robert8, I think it's the red nose ... anytime they put a nose on a minifigure it looks out of place because historically they don't have them. But maybe that's just me?

Went into the Burlington Mall LEGO Store today to find that the UniKitty print torso from the Ninjago Movie CMF is now in BAM (#5 in the figures). Quite a funky painted face too (standard face print on the other side).

51807796987_395ddc2efc_k.jpg

On 1/6/2022 at 8:53 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

When these new BAM minifigures will be avaaible by any chance? 

Went to my store tonight and the manager said that last week they were not available yet to order… she said she would check next week

10 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Went into the Burlington Mall LEGO Store today to find that the UniKitty print torso from the Ninjago Movie CMF is now in BAM (#5 in the figures). Quite a funky painted face too (standard face print on the other side).

That’s an impressive selection of options - though I still can’t stop myself wanting to switch parts around 😜

1 hour ago, williejm said:

That’s an impressive selection of options - though I still can’t stop myself wanting to switch parts around 😜

Yes, wanting to swap is tricky. But I will say that it saves so much time searching for the pieces you want, even if they come packaged with other pieces you don't really want.

17 hours ago, Megbricks said:

Went to my store tonight and the manager said that last week they were not available yet to order… she said she would check next week

Gotcha thanks!

I’m only interested in that light blue brick costume guy so I want to collect every brick costume!

Looks like the BAM are coming online soon for 5£ in the UK, what is the normal price there in shops?

Hopefully we will see more unique BAM animals there as well later, this could end up a great option for me since there is no brands stores here and traveling abroad is difficult these days :excited:

7 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Looks like the BAM are coming online soon for 5£ in the UK, what is the normal price there in shops?

Hopefully we will see more unique BAM animals there as well later, this could end up a great option for me since there is no brands stores here and traveling abroad is difficult these days :excited:

It’s the same price as in Lego stores 

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Really? Where did you see that? 

4 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Oh, cool. I hope then I can buy the light blue brick costume in my country online. Thank you.

Oooo, BAM will be available online? That would a great news for me - i won’t be worried about going to a far-and-away lego store.

1 minute ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Oooo, BAM will be available online? That would a great news for me - i won’t be worried about going to a far-and-away lego store.

Yeah it definitely improves accessibility for lots of us!

15 minutes ago, williejm said:

It’s not live yet, on the website, is it?

No, soon depends on where you live:

"When is it happening and in which markets?

The first change happens for the US and Canada when we implement a new fulfilment area in our US-based warehouse in January and start fulfilling Pick a Brick orders there. In order for this change to occur, Pick a Brick will be unavailable for approximately 48 hours, starting late evening January 23rd to January 25th when Pick a Brick comes back online. This outage is planned and is necessary. During this downtime, individual elements will still be available for purchase through Bricks and Pieces.

After that we’ll roll out the new merged experience as a soft launch. This will allow us to understand what’s working and identify improvement opportunities early.

We’re planning to roll out the new merged experience to the Netherlands, France, Germany and the UK early February. This will be followed by Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the US in late February. We’ll then look to rollout to all other countries globally.

During the soft launch, we’ll use several metrics and insights available to us to understand if the new experience is working as it should. We’ll take any learnings from this soft launch and use them to help us deliver the best experience possible for our customers.

New features and functionalities

We’re also creating a new location called the ‘Pick and Build hub’ for Pick a Brick and similar future experiences. With the new ‘Pick and Build hub’, we’ll test and launch new experiences that enable creativity and fun.

As a first trial we’ll introduce Build a Mini to our shoppers in Europe and Asia. With this tool you can combine different minifigure parts and create your own minifigure. The Build a Mini selection of bricks will only be available for this experience. They won’t be available as part of the Pick a Brick assortment."

2 hours ago, williejm said:

Yeah it definitely improves accessibility for lots of us!

Agreed! Boston, MA, has 4 Lego Stores and I think one or two Discovery centers, which i’m jealous of. It is really easy for residents in Boston area to access.

I read this the other day. https://www.brickfanatics.com/new-lego-build-a-minifigure-characters/ it discusses exclusive parts possibly being added to the build a mini fig stations.

1 minute ago, Celebrian Telrunya said:

I read this the other day. https://www.brickfanatics.com/new-lego-build-a-minifigure-characters/ it discusses exclusive parts possibly being added to the build a mini fig stations.

This was probably already discussed. I apologize.