22kane

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

On 5/24/2021 at 9:25 PM, Brickey34 said:

Saw this blue variant of the pug mask at the Lego Store this weekend. They were pretty busy so they weren't able to tell me if they knew what other pieces were supposed to go with it. 

Update: Just saw this post on Instagram that shows the full fig:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPQohHOJs4U/?utm_medium=copy_link

PXL_20210522_191943354_MP.jpg.8161728c85a775cc3d17a277e1d8ece0.jpg

yeah is a bam exclusive :)

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=hol245#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

Man, it was tough seeing some of the new exclusives in store Sunday but passing on them. Jay’s dark orange hair, orange toolbox, & Blue Pug. I just didn’t want the minifigs those parts were attached to & the crowd was pretty crazy so I didn’t want to bother with substitutions. 

Picked up a bunch of exclusive/rare parts from the build-a-fig bin today (Robina LEGO store in Queensland, Australia) and yes the bins in this store are fully open and you can just pick whatever you want.

Pink Afro (exclusive)

2x Dark Tan large cowboy hat as seen in tan on the Cowboy Costume CMF (exclusive I think)

Green Sombrero (rare, exists only in Maraca Man CMF)

Dark Brown hair with 2 buns on top (rare, exists only in 2 Friends micro dolls)

Blue police hat with gold badge print (not really rare, just useful)

Dark Azure Snowboard with black & white stripes (exclusive I think)

Purple Snowboard with "Sport" logo (exclusive)

Orange Toolbox (exclusive)

Trans-Purple balloon dog (exclusive)

2 x 2 round tile with pie (strawberries etc) pattern (exclusive)

Pink pig (rare, exists only in Barracuda Bay and HP Burrow)

Teal 1 x 3 brick costume torso (exclusive)

Torso with white short sleeve sport/polo shirt, blue collar (exclusive)

Torso with dark blue suit, dark blue tie, gold chain and brown hands (rare, exists only in Disney Train)

Red torso with chinese symbols and rat print (exclusive)

Torso with skeleton print and also some sort of fancy vest jacket with a red heart on the back (exclusive I think)

Torso with muscles print, tan shirt, yellow sleeves, brown hands, brown harness with silver buckles (exclusive I think)

Short legs black hips, blue feet/boots (exclusive)

Short legs teal hips, yellow feet/boots (rare, exists only in the legoland water park)

Legs bight light blue hips, blue feet/boots (rare, exists only in Hogwarts Beauxbatons Carriage)

Legs white hips, black feet/boots (rare, exists only in Sushi Chef CMF)

Legs white hips, blue feet/boots (exclusive I think)

Legs dark azure (not really rare, just useful)

Head with thick dark brown moustache curved downwards (exclusive)

Head double sided little girl with butterfly face paint on one side (exclusive)

Head double sided female with makeup/face paint above the eyes, on the lips and on the face more generally (exclusive)

Head with orange lens glasses and dark tan facial hair (rare, exists only in a TRU figure pack re-do of the Hippie CMF)

Head with smile and gap tooth (rare, exists only in Holiday Elf CMF)

Head with grey beard, white highlights and black eyebrows (not really rare, just useful)

All in all, happy with the haul I snagged across my 2 packs of 3 figs.

Its a pitty Covid meant some of the good stuff from last year (like the torso with the dog in the space helmet on it and the black sausage dog) never made it to Australia :(

Edited by jonwil

On 9/6/2021 at 11:43 PM, jonwil said:

Picked up a bunch of exclusive/rare parts from the build-a-fig bin today (Robina LEGO store in Queensland, Australia) and yes the bins in this store are fully open and you can just pick whatever you want.

Pink Afro (exclusive)

2x Dark Tan large cowboy hat as seen in tan on the Cowboy Costume CMF (exclusive I think)

Green Sombrero (rare, exists only in Maraca Man CMF)

Dark Brown hair with 2 buns on top (rare, exists only in 2 Friends micro dolls)

Blue police hat with gold badge print (not really rare, just useful)

Dark Azure Snowboard with black & white stripes (exclusive I think)

Purple Snowboard with "Sport" logo (exclusive)

Orange Toolbox (exclusive)

Trans-Purple balloon dog (exclusive)

2 x 2 round tile with pie (strawberries etc) pattern (exclusive)

Pink pig (rare, exists only in Barracuda Bay and HP Burrow)

Teal 1 x 3 brick costume torso (exclusive)

Torso with white short sleeve sport/polo shirt, blue collar (exclusive)

Torso with dark blue suit, dark blue tie, gold chain and brown hands (rare, exists only in Disney Train)

Red torso with chinese symbols and rat print (exclusive)

Torso with skeleton print and also some sort of fancy vest jacket with a red heart on the back (exclusive I think)

Torso with muscles print, tan shirt, yellow sleeves, brown hands, brown harness with silver buckles (exclusive I think)

Short legs black hips, blue feet/boots (exclusive)

Short legs teal hips, yellow feet/boots (rare, exists only in the legoland water park)

Legs bight light blue hips, blue feet/boots (rare, exists only in Hogwarts Beauxbatons Carriage)

Legs white hips, black feet/boots (rare, exists only in Sushi Chef CMF)

Legs white hips, blue feet/boots (exclusive I think)

Legs dark azure (not really rare, just useful)

Head with thick dark brown moustache curved downwards (exclusive)

Head double sided little girl with butterfly face paint on one side (exclusive)

Head double sided female with makeup/face paint above the eyes, on the lips and on the face more generally (exclusive)

Head with orange lens glasses and dark tan facial hair (rare, exists only in a TRU figure pack re-do of the Hippie CMF)

Head with smile and gap tooth (rare, exists only in Holiday Elf CMF)

Head with grey beard, white highlights and black eyebrows (not really rare, just useful)

All in all, happy with the haul I snagged across my 2 packs of 3 figs.

Its a pitty Covid meant some of the good stuff from last year (like the torso with the dog in the space helmet on it and the black sausage dog) never made it to Australia :(

Do you have photos of any of these?

On 9/7/2021 at 2:43 AM, jonwil said:

I finally found the black dachshund today in Canada, so I feel your pain. Still waiting to see if the 2021 parts will show up eventually.

51555960421_927648301a_c.jpg

Here's what I found on offer when I swung by my Lego store last Friday. Nothing exciting that i don't already have, sadly, but some of the good exclusive Halloween parts for those who missed them in past years. Still hoping one day I'll see the lavender corset, or the denim skirt, or the elusive space pug sweater.

I went to my LEGO store today (first time since pre-COVID times!) and came home with those three guys.

While I'm pretty sure I'd already seen photos of the parts from the sombrero skeleton and snowboard skeleton, I did not knew of the torso of the science skeleton. A new female lab coat - I'm over the moon! 

The teal brick costume was available too, as well as the guitar, and a teal shirt torso I had not seen before either. They also had the Halloween minifigs from last year. It was the last pig though...

51582148415_1551f029b6_c.jpg

51580418172_f51125934e_c.jpg

Edited by Aurore

Oh, wow, I'm incredibly out of the loop on what new pieces are coming out! That Day of the Dead torso looks great! Same for the lab coat... and another balloon dog color?

Not that any of it matters if my store doesn't get them. Poked around on BrickLink and some of last year's exclusive parts go for like $2/each on the low end...

I stopped in to pick up Santa's Sleigh yesterday and ended up making a figure pack as a lot of the new pieces were in the bin.  I was really happy to randomly find one of the "Crusaders" shields from a while back (I didn't have any yet).  Does anyone know if they rotated in some other older parts that weren't seasonal with the new ones?  Hoping maybe there might be more as I couldn't find any last time.  I noticed a torso that looked like it belonged to a Native American, but didn't have enough time to see if there were corresponding parts.  I found a picture online, but the rest of the figure looked fairly random.  Looks like it was released a year or two ago, but it's the first I've seen it.   Anyone have any details on if there is a matching head, legs, and hair/hat?

thumbnail.jpg

Edited by Retrocity

5 hours ago, Retrocity said:

I stopped in to pick up Santa's Sleigh yesterday and ended up making a figure pack as a lot of the new pieces were in the bin.  I was really happy to randomly find one of the "Crusaders" shields from a while back (I didn't have any yet).  Does anyone know if they rotated in some other older parts that weren't seasonal with the new ones?  Hoping maybe there might be more as I couldn't find any last time.  I noticed a torso that looked like it belonged to a Native American, but didn't have enough time to see if there were corresponding parts.  I found a picture online, but the rest of the figure looked fairly random.  Looks like it was released a year or two ago, but it's the first I've seen it.   Anyone have any details on if there is a matching head, legs, and hair/hat?

col01-1.png

It is a reprint of CMF series 1 with extra lines. So those parts would work.

Edited by MAB

17 hours ago, MAB said:

col01-1.png

It is a reprint of CMF series 1 with extra lines. So those parts would work.

Wow, thanks!  That's one that I missed way back as I didn't know about the CMF series until the second series was out.  I wonder if those parts are rotating back in or if that torso just happens to be a lone leftover.   

Edited by Retrocity

28 minutes ago, Retrocity said:

Wow, thanks!  That's one that I missed way back as I didn't know about the CMF series until the second series was out.  I wonder if those parts are rotating back in or if that torso just happens to be a lone leftover.   

I would say a lone left over, when I was at the Charlotte store this spring I got a torso from the Series 8 Thespian.

10 hours ago, The_Creator said:

I would say a lone left over, when I was at the Charlotte store this spring I got a torso from the Series 8 Thespian.

Nah, a LOT of pieces from old CMFs have shown up in BAMs over the years, some are pretty regular

2 hours ago, williejm said:

Nah, a LOT of pieces from old CMFs have shown up in BAMs over the years, some are pretty regular

Really? That's cool, does anyone have a list of those, or is it just a mystery what you might find at BAM.:head_back:

1 hour ago, The_Creator said:

Really? That's cool, does anyone have a list of those, or is it just a mystery what you might find at BAM.:head_back:

They rotate out from month to month and year to year. It’s been going on for years, much longer than there’s been exclusive prints and colors in BAM. I believe there was a rule that they’d never have all of the pieces needed to recreate a single figure become available, and often there would be, for example, back printing missing. 

15 minutes ago, kalexicon said:

They rotate out from month to month and year to year. It’s been going on for years, much longer than there’s been exclusive prints and colors in BAM. I believe there was a rule that they’d never have all of the pieces needed to recreate a single figure become available, and often there would be, for example, back printing missing. 

Huh, very interesting. 

Hi everyone! I just visited my Lego store today and just saw this figure. I might be missing his head and his accessory? I am not sure how to complete this figure and hope that someone here can tell me what's the complete figure. Thanks very much! A picture with his hair and his accessory part will be great too!

Edited by twistered2

And I also found the black headpiece (6th headpiece form the left of the attached image) too but i am not sure how the full figure looks like. Does anyone have pictures of his other parts? 

CAM01793

Have some difficulty in uploading an image

Edited by twistered2
picture cant be seen

17 hours ago, Retrocity said:

In your case, it is not a leftover. It is redrawn and so a new (and different) part. They produce a lot of old CMF designs for BAM. Sometimes they change the prints slightly, and sometimes print them on different coloured parts.

2 hours ago, twistered2 said:

And I also found the black headpiece (6th headpiece form the left of the attached image) too but i am not sure how the full figure looks like. Does anyone have pictures of his other parts? 

I believe the black head is from Ninjago. Is this it?

Bear in mind that BAM is NOT designed with the intention of “completing” specific figures. Every now and then they’ll create particular characters out of the parts (especially exclusive parts) to sell pre-packaged, but the real idea is to create your own minifigs out of the available selection. So very often a piece will be included without anything that “matches” it - a few years ago, for example, you could get a panda mask but no corresponding torso or legs. 

3 hours ago, twistered2 said:

me

Hi Kalexicon! Yes this is the piece Im looking for thank you very much. Yup totally agree! I just stumbled on this and was curious of it. And wow I wasnt aware that BAM uses so many parts from other sets and all the combinations are unique😁 I was wondering about another figure too as the shop lady told me Im missing his hair piece but I can't seem to upload a picture of it. I can only describe him as a sand green colour similar to that of the Statue of Liberty hairpiece, troll/ogre with a stone necklane around his neck. He has grey spots all over his torso.

Edited by twistered2