22kane

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

On 12/7/2020 at 8:40 AM, Roebuck said:

:sweet:

I do not see the lobster, unique BAM cat or seagull, but the rest of the animals are there :thumbup:

Wait. Unique BAM cat? Seagull? I thought I followed this thread fairly regularly. Could you enlighten me, please? 

5 hours ago, Mr Spielbrick said:

Wait. Unique BAM cat? Seagull? I thought I followed this thread fairly regularly. Could you enlighten me, please? 

The gull showed up in BAM for a while ... though I don’t think it’s very current. There’s also a dark bley cat that is unique to BAM.

12 hours ago, Mr Spielbrick said:

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/175722-bam-exclusive-parts-index/

49507229342_8af67c2eaf_m.jpg
It's hard to keep track of everything but we're trying it that topic. I still don't have access to the latest BAM elements, but people are posting updates there.

The seagull is pretty elusive but I know people had seen them. Not all stores get the same order allocation.

Hello. I don’t know if this question sounds dumb...

But how can I get Christams 2020 minifigures (female pink elf, festive girl, Santa Claus)? Lego Stores are awfully far away from my area (about 2 hours). Is it possible to order them online? 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

@DBlegonerd7, Bricklink. You may find them there either sold as minifigures or their component parts from across different sellers.

I believe that BAM parts sometimes are available through LEGO’s Bricks and Pieces service but you will need to know the part numbers. In the case of BAM parts, those numbers are not always easy to find. Usually, it’s easier to obtain hard-to-find parts by calling LEGO rather than ordering online (you will still need the parts’ numbers). I appreciate that calling LEGO might not be an option for you. I just thought to mention it if you had someone who could call on your behalf.

13 hours ago, AmperZand said:

@DBlegonerd7, Bricklink. You may find them there either sold as minifigures or their component parts from across different sellers.

I believe that BAM parts sometimes are available through LEGO’s Bricks and Pieces service but you will need to know the part numbers. In the case of BAM parts, those numbers are not always easy to find. Usually, it’s easier to obtain hard-to-find parts by calling LEGO rather than ordering online (you will still need the parts’ numbers). I appreciate that calling LEGO might not be an option for you. I just thought to mention it if you had someone who could call on your behalf.

Thank you for some helpful suggestions! :) 

I don't know how TLG-official this is, but some of the characters created with BAM-exclusive parts have been added Bricklink as named minifigures--"Ice King," "Love Elephant," etc.

8 hours ago, Karalora said:

I don't know how TLG-official this is, but some of the characters created with BAM-exclusive parts have been added Bricklink as named minifigures--"Ice King," "Love Elephant," etc.

I think those are taken from the names they used in the Legoland online store listings for the minifigure packs.

Sounds pretty official, then. I always thought that guy looked more like a wizard than a king, but I guess the Ice Queen needs a mate...

I had someone called the costume service and asked about the pink elf girl. I was told taht that elf girl was out of stock but they said that figure will back in stock by Feb, I believe. 

If you are interested in getting a pink elf girl figure, just let you know! :) 

Went to the Newmarket store [Auckland, New Zealand] and they had the new teddy bear costume. Put together six. Was hoping to not miss out of that figure, so was pleased to see it was in stock.

48 minutes ago, sunhuntin said:

Went to the Newmarket store [Auckland, New Zealand] and they had the new teddy bear costume. Put together six. Was hoping to not miss out of that figure, so was pleased to see it was in stock.

Was there any more left? last time the special ones got cleared out by reseller on day one.   Did you see any sausage dogs too?

6 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

Ok went to the Auckland store this morning and the teddy bear already sold out :(

Oh that sucks. There was someone else there filling making some when we were there, too. 

i am happy to sell you one of mine if you want? you can find me on fb under the same username as here. :) It was my first time building what I consider a true BAM exclusive, so extra special.

edit: 666 posts!

Edited by sunhuntin
noticed my post count. #devillish

18 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Has anyone had any luck with the teddy bear in the US?

Nope. Still waiting to find the astropug torso & wiener dog...

Still nothing on the new dog, dog astronaut torso or other such parts anywhere here in QLD (the BaM bins are still totally closed, not sure why its OK to have PaB open with specific requirements for sanitizing and gloves and etc but BaM is not...)

14 hours ago, jonwil said:

Still nothing on the new dog, dog astronaut torso or other such parts anywhere here in QLD (the BaM bins are still totally closed, not sure why its OK to have PaB open with specific requirements for sanitizing and gloves and etc but BaM is not...)

Might be to do with the suppliers.  The Auckland store BaM bins were nearly empty in DEC until they got the newer parts right before Christmas.  And exclusive parts only come in low quantities.  It then cleared by resellers on day 1 =(. And no sign of the dog, dog astronaut torso yet.   It's getting frustrating at time with the reseller situation as there is no way I can visit the store everyday and staff hardly answer the phone or they will just tell you not in stock or not sure.

On 1/7/2021 at 5:05 PM, sunhuntin said:

i am happy to sell you one of mine if you want?

thanks for the offer but I'll just wait and see =)

6 minutes ago, Pchan1983 said:

Might be to do with the suppliers.  The Auckland store BaM bins were nearly empty in DEC until they got the newer parts right before Christmas.

I do remember that for a brief period the BaM bin at the Dreamworld LEGO store was open under the same terms as the PaB wall. But I think what happened is that it was too hard to enforce the rules for gloves etc (especially when you have lots of little kids messing with the parts) and they decided to close it again rather than take the risks of having all those un-gloved dirty hands touching it.

On 1/9/2021 at 9:25 AM, Pchan1983 said:

Might be to do with the suppliers.  The Auckland store BaM bins were nearly empty in DEC until they got the newer parts right before Christmas.  And exclusive parts only come in low quantities.  It then cleared by resellers on day 1 =(. And no sign of the dog, dog astronaut torso yet.   It's getting frustrating at time with the reseller situation as there is no way I can visit the store everyday and staff hardly answer the phone or they will just tell you not in stock or not sure.

thanks for the offer but I'll just wait and see =)

All good. We live in New Plymouth, so was just luck we were up there on holiday and they had the bears in. Let me know if you change your mind.

My store reported that they haven't gotten new shipments of pieces in ages. They've been trying to sell the parts they have from pre-COVID (with employees prebuilding figures). I guess the bear might just be the figure that got away for me.

Can somebody identify the face (head print) of this guy, that already appeared in August/September 2020 is it BAM exclusive?

g.jpg

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this, but can anyone point me in the direction of the Bricklink pages for the Hat/Hair combo piece, the Torso piece and Head for this minifig, please? I can't see it in the index.

lego-bam-halloween-2020-0001-1030x467.jp

Thanks.