22kane

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

59 minutes ago, williejm said:

Anyone else getting kinda anxious that new pieces are coming out when they can’t get them? ?

Definitely. It helps a little that the new BAM sweater torso seems to be coming in a Chinese New Year set soon (probably with a back print, and hopefully available on B&P). But only a little.

5 hours ago, williejm said:

Anyone else getting kinda anxious that new pieces are coming out when they can’t get them? ?

Totally! I finally was able to get my hands on the Easter ones. I’m more worried about the astropug torso & dachshund recolor than I was about the bunny guy & butterfly kid(who I only really wanted her head). I also got my hands on the coral floatie & CMF 18 Birthday Boy hair in black. 

The bummer part is my store is doing prebuilt minifgs so I don’t exactly get what I want, but the exclusives are what I really care about. 

47 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

The bummer part is my store is doing prebuilt minifgs so I don’t exactly get what I want, but the exclusives are what I really care about. 

Fellow Californian! What have the store visits been like recently? I still havent gone into a Lego store all year but remember we were having a discussion about this a few months ago, have you gone inside or is it curbside? Cinnabon. :grin:

Was able to slide into a store today on a business trip. They had the Halloween and Christmas pre-made packs available. They allowed me to switch out figures but I couldn’t get specific pieces that I wanted. Tiger, warlock, and female elf is what I selected. 

However, asked if they had any of the black daschunds available in the back. Manager brought out an entire tub and gave me three for free. 

Also walked out with the last Diner modular. Not my favorite and debated on getting before they completely disappeared. 

3 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Fellow Californian! What have the store visits been like recently? I still havent gone into a Lego store all year but remember we were having a discussion about this a few months ago, have you gone inside or is it curbside? Cinnabon. :grin:

Haha, I wish. The only thing we pass is a Cheesecake Factory. It was mostly same ol’ same ol’. They let a few people in at a time & had to let you out(they had that two post with the pull out ribbon thing). The PaB wall was blocked off from customers, as was BaM tower. They had a menu board of parts & minifigs that you could get. I didn’t fill a cup, but you wrote down what you wanted & probably roughly how many. 

The LEGO store in Robina QLD has the new xmas figures (including a white sack and a printed xmas gift 2 x 2 tile and some sort of sweater) in a 3-pack pre-made if anyone here in QLD wants them (I suspect the other LEGO Certified Stores in Australia will be doing the same thing since they are mostly run by the same mob)

3 hours ago, jonwil said:

The LEGO store in Robina QLD has the new xmas figures (including a white sack and a printed xmas gift 2 x 2 tile and some sort of sweater) in a 3-pack pre-made if anyone here in QLD wants them (I suspect the other LEGO Certified Stores in Australia will be doing the same thing since they are mostly run by the same mob)

Cool ! still waiting for my store to receive them  Should be this week apparently 

Heading to Legoland Florida,  hoping they have them, I know the Minifigure Market is closed but maybe at least the pre-made 3 packs!

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

New teddy bear costume

(recolor of the Panda Guy)

Picture???

scratch that, found it in the grams

Edited by Northoftheborder

Cute! Will go nicely with the CMF elf teddy. Now they just need to make a teddy version of the CMF Care Bear.

4 hours ago, froggy95 said:

https://flic.kr/p/2ke26p3

Tyson’s Corner (Va) location has a great BAM solution to current COVID issue. Honestly, I hope all stores go to and stick to this method. Look at that selection! 

That is a great idea.  Hopefully the ones in Connecticut will do that.  

4 hours ago, froggy95 said:

Tyson’s Corner (Va) location has a great BAM solution to current COVID issue. Honestly, I hope all stores go to and stick to this method. Look at that selection! 

How does it work? Do you draw up a list of the parts you want by number and hand that list to the staff for them to get the parts for you? I can see that working OK for adults, but not so well for kids. 

Edited by AmperZand

Build-a-fig station still closed at my local LEGO Certified Store (Dreamworld, Australia) although I picked up the xmas 3-pack the other day because of all the neat rare/exclusive parts its got. Probably going to visit a different LEGO Certified Store today (run by a different bunch of people) and will report on whats going on there (someone spotted a store in Melbourne that's running the build-a-fig bin and its owned by the same mob as the store I am visiting today)

8 hours ago, froggy95 said:

Boy, that’s the past year & then some parts. 

I hope not. Digging through there & looking for certain parts or finding that rare gold of an older piece that was left behind at the bottom of the cabinet. That’s where the fun part is. 

Edited by Vindicare

7 hours ago, AmperZand said:

How does it work? Do you draw up a list of the parts you want by number and hand that list to the staff for them to get the parts for you? I can see that working OK for adults, but not so well for kids. 

Each part has a number they assign to it. You write down the part numbers you want and how many of each. They then get the pieces from the back  

3 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Boy, that’s the past year & then some parts. 

I hope not. Digging through there & looking for certain parts or finding that rare gold of an older piece that was left behind at the bottom of the cabinet. That’s where the fun part is. 

The temporary second of joy of finding a rare part doesn’t out weigh the hour saved battling kids for a chance at the bounty. The wife appreciated the time saved too. 

Edited by froggy95

16 hours ago, froggy95 said:

:sweet:

I do not see the lobster, unique BAM cat or seagull, but the rest of the animals are there :thumbup:

Got the 3 pack with Mr and Mrs Claus, and the pink elf. Going to go back on Monday when the 501st sets come back in stock, and see if I can ask for a pack of 3 elfs as they're a nice change. 

Also asked if they had any of the black dachshunds, the first employee believed they didn't have any but another employee who overheard knew what I was asking for and said she'd seen them out back. She proceeded to bring 4 out and offered me a couple (my elf didn't have an accessory). I kind of went to pick 2 then she just put all 4 in my hand and said I could have them! So kind! 

Now I can have a dog walker with a family of dachsunds :sweet:

Didn't see anything to do with the bear costume but will ask on Monday when I go back.