22kane

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

BaM stations here in Australia are still closed (with at least one store I have seen having pre-made packs but none of the newer parts). One store I visited did briefly have their station open but closed it again (probably because it was impossible to enforce the "you must wear gloves" rule unlike with the PaB wall)

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

Are any BaM stations open in the US? If not, it is a shame that we'll miss out on these.

They are somewhat open.  There are two options:

1. You can walk in and buy a pre-packed set of parts

2. You can call ahead, place a custom order over the phone, and pick it up in the store at least 3 days later.

2 hours ago, Tusserte said:

They are somewhat open.  There are two options:

1. You can walk in and buy a pre-packed set of parts

2. You can call ahead, place a custom order over the phone, and pick it up in the store at least 3 days later.

I did not know about option 2. I guess I should at least ask. Thanks!

I’m falling so far behind...I still need to get the Easter parts...and the dachshund & astrodog torso...now that cool tiger one. The hat one will be fun for a random wizard for DA as well. 

I also want the astrodog torso (among other things) but I doubt there will be any way for me to get one here in Australia anytime soon except for ordering on Bricklink (no doubt at high prices due to the limited availability of the part and at high shipping since it would have to come from overseas)

3 hours ago, jonwil said:

I also want the astrodog torso (among other things) but I doubt there will be any way for me to get one here in Australia anytime soon except for ordering on Bricklink (no doubt at high prices due to the limited availability of the part and at high shipping since it would have to come from overseas)

I assume it’s because of the current world predicament...does your store do prepacked BaM minifigs? I have seen some pictures, when the last batch of new exclusives were releasing, and they had the new torso & dog in it(and I believe hair as well). I know my store does this because I called...but sadly none of the new parts yet. 

Does anybody have an idea how long LEGO keeps parts in production for BaM? I’m really keen for the Halloween trio, but the certified stores here aren’t ordering until next year again and parcel forwarding ain’t exactly easy to come by☹️

New Christmas BaM’s have leaked on ig, a slightly pinked-up elf with teal mini-legs and white sack, a girl with dark blue sweater and gift box lid print, and Santa Claus similar to CMF series 8

4 hours ago, Nicster2000 said:

New Christmas BaM’s have leaked on ig, a slightly pinked-up elf with teal mini-legs and white sack, a girl with dark blue sweater and gift box lid print, and Santa Claus similar to CMF series 8

Thanks for the heads up, I completely missed them.

Is that Santa a direct re-release of the Series 8 one?

I can't tell if he has glasses or not

The other minifigures look pretty cool as well!

5 hours ago, Nicster2000 said:

Woah cool *runs to IG

New parts look great! Is the elf head new? I love the white sack & the sweater. I’m getting so far behind though...finally got the Easter minifigs, but couldn’t get the other bits I wanted(like the pie with sprinkles) due to already assembled minifgs(and I did t even think to ask about substitutions...). And I still need the Halloween tiger girl & the dachshund & Astro pug torso. Ugh. 

None of the local stores have had any of the newer parts like the sausage dog, space torso and such. They do have the Halloween stuff (tiger girl, witch, skeleton) in a pre-made 3-pack plus an xmas 3-pack (not this new one people are describing, something older).

I suspect the only way I will get many of these interesting BaM parts is from Bricklink or something.

Interestingly all 3 local LEGO stores are allowing you to fill a PaB cup if you follow their rules (use sanitizer and gloves) and for a brief while at least one was doing the same with the minifig bins (use gloves) but then that store took them away completly for some reason (not sure why its OK to fill a PaB cup if you wear gloves but not build figs with gloves on)

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

(not sure why its OK to fill a PaB cup if you wear gloves but not build figs with gloves on)

Maybe BaM pieces being printed might have something to do with it? 

At least that would be my theory, printed pieces and sanitizer doesn't seem a great combination with added friction from gloves.

Or PaB pieces might be easier cleaned afterwards if they are just 1 type, and unprinted.

Minifig parts are also more complex, with the moving parts and hands, I don't know if they clean the parts, but that could be another reason.

Edited by TeriXeri

I think its more likely that it was harder to enforce the "you need to use gloves" rules on the minifigs (which are especially attractive to the kids who don't know any better and will grab at anything regardless of what the parents say) whereas the PaB walls are easy to block off and only let people use if they are actually following the rules.

Something I noticed when inspecting my butterfly girl. Her neck has a white dot on it. Never seen that before. I checked a few of the other BaM exclusive torsos & they’re blank. 

Supposedly some new hair pieces available from a Singapore LCS, including the Ghostbuster’s Dana hair in bright yellow/blonde, pink Afros, brown teddy bear faces, and some other hard to describe hairs

I can confirm that... But I don't have anything hands-on right now.

My initial reaction with the brown bear hat is that the notorious jailbait reference mascot will be soon a reality.

I haven't given up hope on the Christmas pieces yet. The summer pieces, yes, but not the Christmas pieces!

50 minutes ago, williejm said:

Anyone else getting kinda anxious that new pieces are coming out when they can’t get them? ?

Totally. I want them.