22kane

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

5 hours ago, Exetrius said:

By my knowledge it hasn't been made in that colour yet.. 

There’s a bricklink seller with several of them, so I wonder if a new unlisted figure has it, or perhaps it’s just a new BAM element. 

7 hours ago, Otherworld said:

There’s a bricklink seller with several of them, so I wonder if a new unlisted figure has it, or perhaps it’s just a new BAM element. 

Cool, good chance that it will show up in BAM soon, then.

The BAM kiosks I went by while traveling (which is a real hassle during COVID) weren't open, but you could get pre-packaged minis, so I picked up two.  Better than nothing, but I want to piece my own minis together!

x0djlSq.jpg

Visited the local LEGO store again today. Last time I was there (probably a few weeks ago I think) the build-a-fig bins were open again but now they have closed them again. Makes sense though given that when I saw them open, everyone (especially kids but also adults) was totally ignoring the rules and weren't using sanitizer and gloves (even though the signs clearly said they were required to do that)

Interesting to see the Freya McCloud 2020 helmet+hairpiece in there, but I can imagine set  60248-1: Fire Helicopter Response not being very popular since the "flying" helicopters don't really work well at all.

The Red Torso+Leg combo is nice as well for sure for a fire hazard figure.

On 7/26/2020 at 8:52 PM, Grover said:

The BAM kiosks I went by while traveling (which is a real hassle during COVID) weren't open, but you could get pre-packaged minis, so I picked up two.  Better than nothing, but I want to piece my own minis together!

*snip*

Are my eyes playing tricks on me or is that pearl gold legs on upper right? Those are kinda rare(outside of Star Wars anyways). 

Edited by Vindicare

21 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Are my eyes playing tricks on me or is that pearl gold legs on upper right? Those are kinda rare(outside of Star Wars anyways). 

They are.  You can buy them inexpensively on BnP due to them being in a gold fireman statue in one of the city sets (whole body and head, too, in fact).

15 minutes ago, Grover said:

They are.  You can buy them inexpensively on BnP due to them being in a gold fireman statue in one of the city sets (whole body and head, too, in fact).

Ahh, that’s right. I actually glanced & saw that set on the shelf a Target this morning. Did your store(are you in the States by chance./where?) not have the recolored dachshund as well? 

oh man.. this is killing me. I need to get these on my hands soon.

Appreciate all the sharing here.

21 minutes ago, Grover said:

No dachsund.  Bummer.  Overland Park KS.

Bummer indeed. These exclusive prints have been fun to track down. I called my stores(Cali)...to no avail. But I’m trying to keep track to see how close they’re getting, for my own amusement. 

Just now, Vindicare said:

Bummer indeed. These exclusive prints have been fun to track down. I called my stores(Cali)...to no avail. But I’m trying to keep track to see how close they’re getting, for my own amusement. 

Being in California has its advantages with all the Lego stores nearby.  I live so far from stores I usually only get to visit when traveling, which is 1-2x/year on average (I suspect this may be my only trip this year because of COVID).

3 hours ago, Grover said:

Being in California has its advantages with all the Lego stores nearby.  I live so far from stores I usually only get to visit when traveling, which is 1-2x/year on average (I suspect this may be my only trip this year because of COVID).

Heh, yeah. The usual trip a friend & I make involve two different stores in relatively close proximity. The drive takes us about 2 hours to get to the first, but two stores make it worth it. It would be three if we included SF, but parking there is horrible & the store is smaller, so we skip it. 

I am very excited.  A friend of mine came by today to give me a set of minis he picked up on his travels.  I've got a dachshund now!  I have the best friends.

JiL73ye.jpg

On 8/1/2020 at 3:20 PM, Grover said:

I am very excited.  A friend of mine came by today to give me a set of minis he picked up on his travels.  I've got a dachshund now!  I have the best friends.

So jealous! I did call the two local stores near me & neither have it yet. I sure hope I can make my way there when they come in, even if I can only buy prepackaged sets. 

On 8/2/2020 at 12:20 AM, Grover said:

I've got a dachshund now!

:wub_drool:

So looking forward to get my hands on that too :sweet:

Edited by Roebuck

On 8/1/2020 at 6:20 PM, Grover said:

Are those dark turquoise legs? Are they also from BaM stations?

Just now, BrickHat said:

Are those dark turquoise legs? Are they also from BaM stations?

Yes, and as far as I know, yes.  These came pre-packaged from the BAM stations from what I was told.

Yesterday was AFOL day in Italian LCSs. Too bad there were no new pieces and only pre-build winter and Easter packs (at least, in Arese).

I saw some Halloween minifigs that on the legoleaks hashtag on Instagram that are apparently from build-a-mini stations. Has anyone seen these? 

2 hours ago, tomorrowboy said:

I saw some Halloween minifigs that on the legoleaks hashtag on Instagram that are apparently from build-a-mini stations. Has anyone seen these? 

Wow, those are awesome! Unfortunately I don't think the US has gotten the ones from the summer yet either.