22kane

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

Oof, I hope I can find the elephant and that crystal torso. None of the stores I've been to so far have had them.

I can confirm that most of those new parts (including the flower headgear/torso/teddy, bunny torso and fairy headgear/torso/wings were available at the Dreamworld LEGO store here in Australia as of yesterday.

Didn't see any bunny headgear though.

7 hours ago, Karalora said:

Oof, I hope I can find the elephant and that crystal torso. None of the stores I've been to so far have had them.

Crisis averted! Both pink elephant and ice wizard were in abundance at the Glendale, CA store today! I grabbed a bunch of penguins too! And the employee manning the BAM station said they should get the Q2 Easter parts right on schedule.

On 2/2/2020 at 1:45 AM, Broke4Bricks said:

Ok Legoland FL has the New BAM Q2 Minifigure parts

I have to say that the recolors and reprints of existing molds have been executed pretty well!

I'm going to pop in the the store tonight, so I'm hoping there's a new assortment and/or catalogue to look at, but we'll see.

I'd take a picture of the selection but it's always a bit dodgy doing that when you're a fully grown man with a beard and rucksack near a tower surrounded by children, so I'll skip that bit and just tell if anything cool shows up.

Here are the pictures I took for the new BAM minifigures.

49482532521_4ec85b1f83_b.jpg

49482532406_091c350826_b.jpg

49482048263_bebb86cfdd_b.jpg

52 minutes ago, leafan said:

I'd take a picture of the selection but it's always a bit dodgy doing that when you're a fully grown man with a beard and rucksack near a tower surrounded by children, so I'll skip that bit and just tell if anything cool shows up.

I feel the same thing. Parents are like what is the bearded dude taking pictures of. I should make pins saying adult fan of lego and wear one. :) I try to never get in the way of the kids that play in the BAM but I stand there behind the kids waiting for a spot to dig in the bin.

What I have been recently doing is instead of taking pictures I take videos and talk out loud while recording so they know I am vlogging. 

those pieces were not available in Laval store this weekend. I asked and the person was evasive: I don’t think we did receive them... they are probably in the back...:) will check again next weekend :)

Which of those Easter theme parts are actually BAM exclusives?  I think it’s the bunny ears, head, and torso; butterfly hat, head, and torso; flower hat, torso, and bear? Anything else?

2 hours ago, Tusserte said:

Which of those Easter theme parts are actually BAM exclusives?  I think it’s the bunny ears, head, and torso; butterfly hat, head, and torso; flower hat, torso, and bear? Anything else?

I agree with that assessment,  I was lucky enough to get there while they were stocking the Q2 parts and they had bins of the older stuff that had come out of rotation, they let me go through it , and I was able to get lots of the older exclusive pieces, I have a lot of extras of most of the exclusive parts, but still missing some, trade offers welcomed. Still looking for a couple Chimps with Reddish brown face, plain white robe legs, and need a couple more tan guitars and a couple more black scotty dogs.

3 hours ago, Tusserte said:

You're right. However, the same bear will be available as part of the City minifigure pack that will be released later -- but it's always good to have more of these teddy bears. :)

I only took a photo of the "suggested parts combination" as those parts in the picture all came in a single batch of stock delivery. 

53 minutes ago, Broke4Bricks said:

I agree with that assessment,  I was lucky enough to get there while they were stocking the Q2 parts and they had bins of the older stuff that had come out of rotation, they let me go through it , and I was able to get lots of the older exclusive pieces, I have a lot of extras of most of the exclusive parts, but still missing some, trade offers welcomed. Still looking for a couple Chimps with Reddish brown face, plain white robe legs, and need a couple more tan guitars and a couple more black scotty dogs.

Those black scotty dogs are elusive in my shop, even though I never run out of the dark grey cats.... 

6 hours ago, Megbricks said:

I feel the same thing. Parents are like what is the bearded dude taking pictures of. I should make pins saying adult fan of lego and wear one. :) I try to never get in the way of the kids that play in the BAM but I stand there behind the kids waiting for a spot to dig in the bin.

What I have been recently doing is instead of taking pictures I take videos and talk out loud while recording so they know I am vlogging. 

those pieces were not available in Laval store this weekend. I asked and the person was evasive: I don’t think we did receive them... they are probably in the back...:) will check again next weekend :)

Ok I've been - nothing new tonight. They seem to have rotated back to the standard fillers. I was hoping there would be some new pieces for February.

They did have a new catalogue though, so picked up one of those (waiting for my boy to be in the photo section :classic:).

Ok I've updated my BAM exclusives parts collection pictures as best I can tell, for reference, again feel free to make any corrections, and also add pics of pieces I may be missing,  I know of a few. The row of 4 torsos with the pirate are all missing back printing unlike their counterparts and found at BAM bar in droves so I'm counting them.?

20200203_18061820200203_17591520200203_17520320200203_1719262020-02-03_06-50-5020200203_181033

1 hour ago, Broke4Bricks said:

Ok I've updated my BAM exclusives parts collection pictures as best I can tell, for reference, again feel free to make any corrections, and also add pics of pieces I may be missing,  I know of a few. The row of 4 torsos with the pirate are all missing back printing unlike their counterparts and found at BAM bar in droves so I'm counting them. 

Wait...did you find those two white hoodie “ZAP!” & “BAM!” torsos in a BaM Tower at a store? I was under the impression those were con exclusive bits.

I almost feel like these are meant to be a replacement for the regular CMFs now that the most the actual CMFs are licensed 

22 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I almost feel like these are meant to be a replacement for the regular CMFs now that the most the actual CMFs are licensed 

Hmmm.... now that you mentioned it, that's a good point. In a way I get more excited on these BAM figures than the current licensed ones.

Well, if TLG go full throttle on this, I look forward to seeing big animal pieces in BAM! :grin:

1 hour ago, Broke4Bricks said:

@Vindicare No sorry those 2 torsos are SDCC exclusives, and I still need "POW" but it was a Build-a-Minifigure sort of event so I put them in there.

Yeah, I figured as much. Just unrealistically hopeful. :tongue:

4 hours ago, makoy said:

Well, if TLG go full throttle on this, I look forward to seeing big animal pieces in BAM! 

Would love it, but I guess they have to be small enough to fit in the BAM packaging :shrug_oh_well:

7 hours ago, Broke4Bricks said:

Ok I've updated my BAM exclusives parts collection pictures as best I can tell, for reference, again feel free to make any corrections, and also add pics of pieces I may be missing,  I know of a few. The row of 4 torsos with the pirate are all missing back printing unlike their counterparts and found at BAM bar in droves so I'm counting them.?

I have not double checked, but from memory I think:

• the hammer is from the CMF dwarf
  • the police and wizard hat also from CMF
  • clown hair CMF
  • witch and clown face CMF
  • underwear from city, Mrs Santa dress from winter village and spider dress CMF
  • several of the torsos from CMF

?:sceptic:

@Broke4Bricks Thank you! This is really useful!

@Roebuck There are a few color differences between those CMF parts and their BAM counterparts :
- the CMF Battledwarf's hammer is pearl dark grey while the BAM hammer is light grey,
- the CMF Wizard's hat is blue with a gold moon while the BAM wizard hat is dark blue with a silver moon,
- the CMF Wacky Witch's face has green makeup while the BAM witch face has magenta makeup,
- Winter Village Mrs Claus' skirt is red while the BAM skirt is dark green,
- the CMF Spider Lady's dress has a red pattern while the BAM spider dress has a magenta pattern.

I know less about non-fantasy parts, but there may be similar differences. :sweet:

It is indeed quite confusing without any reference material.... and Bricklink is way behind these updates that it has become useless to some degree when comparing what's old vs. what's new. It can be helpful only when you are trying to check the existence of already familiar minifigure part(s).

For example, when I first saw the new torso for the flower pot girl, I thought it is the same colour. Then I found out that the original CMF Flower Pot Girl has bright green torso whereas the new one is just green.

36 minutes ago, Aurore said:

@Broke4Bricks Thank you! This is really useful!

@Roebuck There are a few color differences between those CMF parts and their BAM counterparts :
- the CMF Battledwarf's hammer is pearl dark grey while the BAM hammer is light grey,
- the CMF Wizard's hat is blue with a gold moon while the BAM wizard hat is dark blue with a silver moon,
- the CMF Wacky Witch's face has green makeup while the BAM witch face has magenta makeup,
- Winter Village Mrs Claus' skirt is red while the BAM skirt is dark green,
- the CMF Spider Lady's dress has a red pattern while the BAM spider dress has a magenta pattern.

I know less about non-fantasy parts, but there may be similar differences. :sweet:

Thanks for the info :blush:

12 hours ago, Robert8 said:

It does kinda seem that way, doesn't it? I've identified four "stages" of this phenomenon:

1. BAM station contains what I assume is overstock of minifig parts from identifiable figures and sets. Sometimes you get CMF parts in there, but never enough to complete a particular figure--for example, I saw a lot of Egyptian queen heads and torsos at one point, but not her skirt or hair.

2. From time to time, you see variant colors of parts that have never been used in a known minifig, such as the blue clown wig and teal scarecrow hat.

3. End of 2018: The BAM stations are loaded with Halloween and Christmas themed parts that obviously go together as complete minifigs, and are equally obviously based on existing CMFs (and Mrs. Claus). Yet they are still different enough to be worth collecting, if you like that sort of thing. It's nice to be able to build a Halloween town where not all the vampires are identical.

4. End of 2019-now: We are seeing entirely new CMF-like characters, such as the Halloween partygoer, ice wizard, and pink Valentine elephant, that can only be assembled from BAM stations. Are they rejected CMF concepts that made it far enough into pre-production to be deemed worth manufacturing and selling a different way? Who knows, but I stan!

We do need to get these new parts posted on Bricklink though. Part of the reason I was so unsettled when I couldn't find them at my local store was that I knew that was the only way for me to obtain them.

Edited by Karalora

15 hours ago, Broke4Bricks said:

20200203_18061820200203_17591520200203_17520320200203_1719262020-02-03_06-50-5020200203_181033

@Broke4Bricks Here is my assessment of your list:

Accessories
    - Not exclusive
        ○ Blue teddy bear, in set 40373
    - Missing exclusive
        ○ Snowboard Small with Dark Turquoise, Orange and Magenta Decoration Pattern, bricklink ID: 18746pb005
        ○ Penguin with Flippers and Stud on Back with Orange Beak and Feet and White Stomach Pattern. Same mold as bricklink ID 26076pb01 but different prints for eyes and beak

Heads:
    - Maybe the head below found in BAM is BAM exclusive

Headgear
    - Not exclusive
        ○ Hat, Police with Dark Blue Top and Gold Badge (molded and printed) Pattern, in set col09-6

Hair
    - Not exclusive
        ○ Bright Light Yellow Minifigure, Hair Female Long Straight, bricklink ID: 12890

Legs
    - Not exclusive
        ○ Magenta Hips and Legs, in set 851331
    - Missing exclusive
        ○ white Lower Body Skirt, bricklink ID: 36036
        ○ Hips and legs cut-off jean shorts with pockets, bricklink ID: 970c00pb1031

Torso
    - Not exclusive
        ○ I Brick LEGOLAND Pattern / Green Arms / Yellow Hands, in set 850457
        ○ ZAP & BAM torsos were San Diego Comic-Con, not BAM exclusives
        ○ Red Torso Qipao with Gold Hem and Leaves, Black Clasps, Metallic Pink Flowers Pattern / Red Arms / Yellow Hands, in set 80101
        ○ Sand Blue Torso Shirt Torn Off Sleeves, Buttons on Pockets, Jolly Roger Back Pattern / Yellow Arm Left with Tattoo / Yellow Arm Right / Yellow Hands, in set col10-16
        ○ Torso Sports Shirt with Number 39, Orange Basketball, Orange and Red Diamonds and Back Print Pattern / Yellow Arms / Yellow Hands, in set 31084
        ○ Blue Torso Pirate Vest over Red and White Striped Shirt, 3 Buttons and Back Print Pattern / Yellow Arms / Yellow Hands, in set 31084
        ○ White Torso Polo Shirt with Red Collar, Silver Whistle and Red Lifeguard Float on Back Pattern / Yellow Arms / Yellow Hands, in set 60153
    - Missing exclusive
        ○ Black Vest and Dark Red Belt Pattern / Dark Red Arms / Nougat Hands, bricklink ID: 973pb3610c01

maybe exclusive head gif.gif

Edited by yeurc_h