22kane

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

On 10/29/2019 at 6:20 PM, The Reader said:

As far as I remember 3 figs (5 parts each) were about 9 Euros in Germany (LEGO-Store in Frankfurt).

Nope. It's 6,99€

The new Auckland certified store did not get the halloween exclusive parts.  It's pretty hectic there during the weekend, the accessories bucket already ran out of variations.  How often do your local lego store refill the bucket?

3 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

The new Auckland certified store did not get the halloween exclusive parts.  It's pretty hectic there during the weekend, the accessories bucket already ran out of variations.  How often do your local lego store refill the bucket?

I’ve heard it’s quarterly, so I asked an employee when the quarter starts(for both the PaB wall & BaM tower). He said they fill it whenever it gets low & that’s about every week-week and a half. I imagine they get a bulk lot of parts then just pour more in whenever it gets low. But if there’s a desirable enough part where AFOLs grab ‘n go, I’m not sure how they handle that. 

May be worth a shot to go in on a slow day or if you can when they open to ask them specifics. Or someone closer to you may have a better answer than mine. :grin:

13 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I’ve heard it’s quarterly, so I asked an employee when the quarter starts(for both the PaB wall & BaM tower). He said they fill it whenever it gets low & that’s about every week-week and a half. I imagine they get a bulk lot of parts then just pour more in whenever it gets low. But if there’s a desirable enough part where AFOLs grab ‘n go, I’m not sure how they handle that. 

May be worth a shot to go in on a slow day or if you can when they open to ask them specifics. Or someone closer to you may have a better answer than mine. :grin:

I can testify to AFOLs grab ‘n’ go. I went to the Cardiff Lego store and I took the last two black dogs. There might be one more left but some AFOLs must’ve already cleared them out.

I am pretty sure the black terrier will be part of the inventory after 3 months when the BAM get new parts again.. The grey cat is still there right after the dog showed up 3 months later?! It do not make sense to make new unique animals for BAM and then only sell them for 3 months, they have a lot of old CMF parts years after they where released..
So the terrier will be hard to get the first few months I guess, then hopefully a new unique animal is released and the AFOLs will go for that instead :wink: The kids love the animals also, but are not so selective as adults I think so as long as they get a animal they like they do not care if it is rare or not :shrug_oh_well:

These new BAM exclusives are really making me return back to the store quiet often just to look out for new pieces. Good job TLG... But it's bad for my wallet. Haha.

17 hours ago, makoy said:

These new BAM exclusives are really making me return back to the store quiet often just to look out for new pieces. Good job TLG... But it's bad for my wallet. Haha.

Me too!

Would be good if they continued to produce unique parts. Hopefully the Eurobricks Community will use this thread to let others know which parts are available. I would assume as there were Halloween-themed pieces, we'll be getting some Christmas-themed ones?

I'm thinking torsos with Christmas jumper prints, re-coloured elf hats and outfits...

1 hour ago, lifeinplastic said:

we'll be getting some Christmas-themed ones?

Probably, but I guess it depends on when the new parts are released! Do anyone know roughly which 4 dates we get new parts?

34 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Probably, but I guess it depends on when the new parts are released! Do anyone know roughly which 4 dates we get new parts?

In Toronto it's usually early January, April, July, October. Occasionally there's something like the Christmas pieces from last year that are in addition to the regular quarterly cycle. 

And this year the new quarter with the Halloween stuff didn't show up until almost the end of October but they stocked the BAM bin with leftover Halloween stuff from last year until then.

Yep - was at London store last week and seemed to be the same types of Christmas parts as last year - Santa, elf & ‘mrs Claus’ figures. 

Finally managed to find a selection of parts in the build-a-fig bin that I thought was worth paying the asking price for (and a check of Bricklink confirms it with only one of the parts I picked up actually for sale from a BL store that I would be happy to order from)

Picked up 2 pairs dark red legs, 1 pair of the boxer short legs with the red minifig heads on them, 3 CMF nurse torsos (would have got more but the Dreamworld store doesn't let you do that), dark red sports type bag (with the zipper), tan guitar, black boombox with silver printing (different to the gold printing and not even in the Bricklink database at all), jack-o-lantern head cover, red sombrero, orange and black Halloween pigtails hair, the heads from both CMF unicorns and the head with the green glasses from the CMF birthday boy.

All in all some neat parts there that may be useful for future projects and worth the AU$20 I paid for it.

The Pick-A-Brick buckets would be the best place for Lego to add some re-coloured elf hats, torsos and legs, plus a selection of Christmas "jumpers".

1 hour ago, lifeinplastic said:

The Pick-A-Brick buckets would be the best place for Lego to add some re-coloured elf hats, torsos and legs, plus a selection of Christmas "jumpers".

100% agree with this!! 

On 11/26/2019 at 4:01 AM, lifeinplastic said:

I thought they had some winter sweaters as I got this from a build-a-mini station a few weeks ago, but it turns out it's an Aunt May sweater from a recent Spider-Man set.

(I think the version I got originally had yellow hands, but I swapped them for white ones, so I don't know for sure.)

973pb2336c02.jpg

That torso came with the yellow hands in last years Hospital among other sets so its definitely not a Spider-Man piece.

Anyone based in London who can tell what to look for there? I`m heading over there this weekend!

On 12/3/2019 at 1:15 AM, tomorrowboy said:

I thought they had some winter sweaters as I got this from a build-a-mini station a few weeks ago, but it turns out it's an Aunt May sweater from a recent Spider-Man set.

(I think the version I got originally had yellow hands, but I swapped them for white ones, so I don't know for sure.)

It looked familiar, because I do have 2 of those from sets (with yellow hands)

The same torso with yellow hands is in 6 more sets starting with 3 City sets:

• 2016 Fun in the Park
  • 2017 Advent Calendar
  • 2018 Hospital 

And 3 Christmas/Winter village sets for 2017.

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=973pb2336&in=S

Edited by TeriXeri

5 hours ago, Chilis said:

Anyone based in London who can tell what to look for there? I`m heading over there this weekend!

If you’re looking for BAM parts I’d suggest going to one of the Westfield stores (white City or Stratford) rather than Leicester Square. Though LSq has a bigger selection in theory, newer pieces can get snapped up really quickly and emptied out. 

11 hours ago, williejm said:

If you’re looking for BAM parts I’d suggest going to one of the Westfield stores (white City or Stratford) rather than Leicester Square. Though LSq has a bigger selection in theory, newer pieces can get snapped up really quickly and emptied out. 

Very brief look in yesterday and saw lots of baseball bats.

On 12/3/2019 at 3:06 PM, jonwil said:

That torso came with the yellow hands in last years Hospital among other sets so its definitely not a Spider-Man piece.

Ah! That makes a lot more sense. Thanks for letting me know.

Still, I think it works as a winter sweater whatever set it came from : )

On 12/5/2019 at 12:08 AM, williejm said:

Thanks, I visited both Westfield/White City and Leicester Sq.:

c

New parts seen from my local BAM: Pink elephant headgear and "Vitruvian Man" torso print.

4 hours ago, makoy said:

New parts seen from my local BAM: Pink elephant headgear and "Vitruvian Man" torso print.

any pics?

Location?

23 hours ago, makoy said:

No new animals? :sadnew: