22kane

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

3 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Looking at your minifigs again, I love that face on the girl in the blue(second picture) far right. I still need to grab that hair as well. But I don’t remember seeing that face print...or the glasses one next to her.  I’ll have to keep an eye out. 

Pretty sure they are the faces for the two ‘balloon kids’ in CMF series 18

@williejm , you are right. And the hairpiece of the rightside guy in the first pic is a re-colour of the baloon male kid's hairpiece.

It’s nice too see more female faces in the BAM. When I’ve previously been to Lego stores, I’ve struggled to build female minifigures. 

On 8/12/2019 at 1:56 AM, Vindicare said:

48517532292_32c277820d_c.jpg

Here’s my haul from a few stores today. The female head is a double sided one that I can’t place. Or the two winking faces. And the legs on the “Champs” minifig. 

The female heads are from Flower Pot girl (Series 18).

The winking head on the far right is Lance's, from Nexo Knights. It might be reversible.

The dark blue pants with brown belts and stuff are both from Jurassic World's Owen Grady.

Can't place the "Champs" torso, but I do know that the Build-A-Minifigure towers occasionally have exclusive torsos or pants so I might have to pick up a few. 

I can usually build a few complete Series minifigures whenever I visit my local LEGO store, so that's what I tend to do.

Hopefully some good build-a-minifig parts will come to NL.

Edited by TeriXeri

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:38 AM, Wesley D said:

What a great picture!

Those crusaders look superb! I'm curious if we'll see a future set with them. Those shields are pretty hard to find!

I had great success at LEGOLAND Discovery center BAM.
Scored 19 shields in a fairly hurried haul. Bonus the cashier didn't care about piece count in the bag so that made up for the higher cost (13-14$).

50 minutes ago, Masked Mini said:

I had great success at LEGOLAND Discovery center BAM.
Scored 19 shields in a fairly hurried haul. Bonus the cashier didn't care about piece count in the bag so that made up for the higher cost (13-14$).

Oh yeah lol you guys have bags :grin: I had never seen them before! Is it Discovery Centres only?

5 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Oh yeah lol you guys have bags :grin: I had never seen them before! Is it Discovery Centres only?

As far as I know, yes. I had two sets worth of parts crammed in there, wasn't sneaking a few extras. He just didn't care at all. As evidenced seconds after he rang it up as one set of three when he blew up my pab cup sending hundreds of tiles flying everywhere.

The Lego stores use the clamshell container.

12 hours ago, williejm said:

Pretty sure they are the faces for the two ‘balloon kids’ in CMF series 18

6 hours ago, CMFanatic said:

The female heads are from Flower Pot girl (Series 18).

The winking head on the far right is Lance's, from Nexo Knights. It might be reversible.

The dark blue pants with brown belts and stuff are both from Jurassic World's Owen Grady.

Can't place the "Champs" torso, but I do know that the Build-A-Minifigure towers occasionally have exclusive torsos or pants so I might have to pick up a few. 

I can usually build a few complete Series minifigures whenever I visit my local LEGO store, so that's what I tend to do.

Ahh, that explains it. I didn’t pay a lot of attention it that series(or Nexo Knights/JW for that matter). I did know the balloon boy hair though. The Champs torso I do know is a BaM exclusive.

2 hours ago, Masked Mini said:

As far as I know, yes. I had two sets worth of parts crammed in there, wasn't sneaking a few extras. He just didn't care at all. As evidenced seconds after he rang it up as one set of three when he blew up my pab cup sending hundreds of tiles flying everywhere.

The Lego stores use the clamshell container.

I can just imagine Blue Danube playing and watching the tiles fly out in slow motion :grin: That is really cool, not sure what I prefer more though tbh.

Green siren tail found today in SanBabila. That's the only good news:

- very few accessories (diffferent ones and overall storage)

- lots of loose arms and hands

- lots of baseball gloves missing from the Champs torsos

- lots of DIRTY pieces

PaB had round plates, 4x4 and 6x6, that was good.

6 hours ago, The Cobra said:

- lots of DIRTY pieces

That was my experience too with the Milan flagship store I visited in July. I think the combination of sunscreen and sweat on people's hands is causing the printing to wear off like crazy. 

Edited by Exetrius

To be honest I’ve never had a problem with the stores I’ve visited in the UK and Texas (I haven’t visited them all in the UK & Texas mind you).

6 hours ago, Exetrius said:

That was my experience too with the Milan flagship store I visited in July. I think the combination of sunscreen and sweat on people's hands is causing the printing to wear off like crazy. 

They now have a double sided 6+6 slots on the second floor, and you still find missing parts and dirty/sticky pieces. My last visit to SanBabila was last August, and I alredady pointed out what was happening. Now things have changed for the worst.

I've been to Arese, Orio al Serio and Carugate, and everything was fine.

Hello!

Just reporting a fact, I happened to have a LEGO Brand Store allowing me some days ago to pick up not entire minifigures, but 15 parts whichever they were.

This started a big discussion in italian facebook groups in which a gang of users started affirming that there actually was no limit of accessories per minifigure but your own self awareness of what would have been "too much". Obviously this sounded very strange, so I questioned this and they even came up with pictures in which they took more than allowed. So I had to inquiry various Store managers and clerks and I got a reply which is pretty obvious but adds more to the schema.

It's (and always has been) 1 complete minifig with accessory x3 for the price stated (which varies depending on the State you are in). Even what they allowed me (15 parts regardless what kind they are) is not admitted. And this rule comes directly from above, from TLG itself, this is the interesting part, so nobody would be allowed to break it, even if they sometimes do.

4 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Hello!

Just reporting a fact, I happened to have a LEGO Brand Store allowing me some days ago to pick up not entire minifigures, but 15 parts whichever they were.

This started a big discussion in italian facebook groups in which a gang of users started affirming that there actually was no limit of accessories per minifigure but your own self awareness of what would have been "too much". Obviously this sounded very strange, so I questioned this and they even came up with pictures in which they took more than allowed. So I had to inquiry various Store managers and clerks and I got a reply which is pretty obvious but adds more to the schema.

It's (and always has been) 1 complete minifig with accessory x3 for the price stated (which varies depending on the State you are in). Even what they allowed me (15 parts regardless what kind they are) is not admitted. And this rule comes directly from above, from TLG itself, this is the interesting part, so nobody would be allowed to break it, even if they sometimes do.

It annoys me even more people walk out having bought 22 rabbits.

Thanks for clarifying the rules.

On 8/14/2019 at 4:56 PM, The Cobra said:

Green siren tail found today in SanBabila. That's the only good news:

- very few accessories (diffferent ones and overall storage)

- lots of loose arms and hands

- lots of baseball gloves missing from the Champs torsos

- lots of DIRTY pieces

PaB had round plates, 4x4 and 6x6, that was good.

The Champs torsos do not come with gloves, the gloves are supplied loose and you need to find them and attach them.

Hands do not come loose, nor do arms. And in every other LCS I've been I don't remember a single glove being missing.

Yet I didn't bother asking about the pieces rule and picked a second wig instead of the accessory (1 out of 6 figs), That probably still qualifies me as "he who messed the least".

I've never been told by Lego Store employees i HAVE to build 3 complete figs. It's strongly implied by the signage explaining how it works but I've yet to see it enforced. So I'm that guy that buys only what I'm after in sets of 15pcs. Luckily the rabbits are safe from me. However Castle, Pirate stuff... sea gulls! Might not be anything left when I leave. Atleast until the first time I try to checkout and I get rejected.

On 8/16/2019 at 10:54 PM, MAB said:

The Champs torsos do not come with gloves, the gloves are supplied loose and you need to find them and attach them.

That figures, I found a few Champs torsos without the Glove and was thinking if somebody pilfered them.

On 8/16/2019 at 6:56 PM, The Cobra said:

Hands do not come loose, nor do arms. And in every other LCS I've been I don't remember a single glove being missing.

Not hands or arms, but the baseball gloves. I've seen them in London Stratford, Westfield, Leicester Sq and in Leeds and Sheffield. All had loose gloves. The only one I saw where the glove was attached was a completed minifigure that someone had built and left.

On 8/16/2019 at 10:54 AM, MAB said:

They do come together. It's the customers pulling them out and attaching them to other minifigs.

That's what the store managers said, at least.

Well it is quite bizarre that I have seen so many not attached. We must have a serial glove puller in the UK.

Unless of course staff in some stores are putting them together, then customers are pulling the gloves off.

Just now, MAB said:

Well it is quite bizarre that I have seen so many not attached. We must have a serial glove puller in the UK.

Unless of course staff in some stores are putting them together, then customers are pulling the gloves off.

They arrive in bulk attached. I asked the store managers a lot of questions regarding BAM.

There are lots of resellers too that descend on the BAM Tower and take all the good parts. Gloves are a hot item apparently.

Edited by Four Bricks Tall
Clarification