22kane

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

I've seen most of these pieces on Promobricks... yet a couple surprises to be found earlier today in Arese. Unfortunately. no siren tail. And, I had to stick to (headger + head + torso + legs + accessory) * 3.

arese1.jpg

arese2.jpg

On 7/12/2019 at 5:29 AM, Grover said:

And the clerks were very cool.  15 parts of whatever you wanted in a mini pack.

15 rabbits then please :grin:

Edited by Roebuck

I saw some interesting stuff in the bins at the Dreamworld LEGO store yesterday but I just couldn't justify spending the $20 asking price for 3 figures...

3 minutes ago, jonwil said:

I saw some interesting stuff in the bins at the Dreamworld LEGO store yesterday but I just couldn't justify spending the $20 asking price for 3 figures...

It’s only £4.99 in the UK. I was so surprised to see them at like $9.99 in the US Lego store when I went to Texas April this year.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 4:45 PM, J4ck said:

It’s only £4.99 in the UK. I was so surprised to see them at like $9.99 in the US Lego store when I went to Texas April this year.

At 5 quid per 3 figs ...I'd run them clean out of anything castle or pirate useable.
At the Merlin run LEGOLAND Discovery center in DFW (Grapevine, TX) they now want 13 or 14$ for 3 figs.
Only upside is, they don't appear to a have strict 15 pcs count and the clerk didn't even look at my little baggie of figures. So it's possible to even out the cost/pcs a bit.

(I'm now up to 25 of the new shields. Price aside, the hunting was fantastic at the Discovery center BAM trough. They also had dark green, red and blue 1x2 bricks and plates and DBG 1x2 tiles in their PAB wall!)

Edited by Masked Mini

3 hours ago, Masked Mini said:

At 5 quid per 3 figs ...I'd run them clean out of anything castle or pirate useable.
At the Merlin run LEGOLAND Discovery center in DFW (Grapevine, TX) they now want 13 or 14$ for 3 figs.
Only upside is, they don't appear to a have strict 15 pcs count and the clerk didn't even look at my little baggie of figures. So it's possible to even out the cost/pcs a bit.

(I'm now up to 25 of the new shields. Price aside, the hunting was fantastic at the Discovery center BAM trough. They also had dark green, red and blue 1x2 bricks and plates and DBG 1x2 tiles in their PAB wall!)

Hey that’s the one I went to!! I also went to the Lego run Lego store in (i think it was called) Frisno (TX)? 

Grapevine was where I saw the green backpack piece for the first time.

When I went the piece variation was very limited :sad:

6 hours ago, J4ck said:

Hey that’s the one I went to!! I also went to the Lego run Lego store in (i think it was called) Frisno (TX)? 

Grapevine was where I saw the green backpack piece for the first time.

When I went the piece variation was very limited :sad:

Cool beans man! Next time you're over on this side of the pond, shoot me a PM and I'll try to meet up! I'll take you to my Brick-getting Spots. If you went to the Lego store Frisno you were 5 minutes away from the Bricks and Minifigs Dallas location, Jason's shop is always worth a stop. I was super surprised at the selection at Grapevine myself, not to mention that they don't have a tower anymore. Just a round table with troughs inset. But they sure don't skimp on refilling their BAM like some of the LEGO stores do.

13 hours ago, Masked Mini said:

Cool beans man! Next time you're over on this side of the pond, shoot me a PM and I'll try to meet up! I'll take you to my Brick-getting Spots. If you went to the Lego store Frisno you were 5 minutes away from the Bricks and Minifigs Dallas location, Jason's shop is always worth a stop. I was super surprised at the selection at Grapevine myself, not to mention that they don't have a tower anymore. Just a round table with troughs inset. But they sure don't skimp on refilling their BAM like some of the LEGO stores do.

Oh whoa thanks so much! I am wanting to go back at some point in time, I will definitely take you up on that offer, thanks man!

41 minutes ago, swijak said:

I ideas of what set/figure this came with? 

It was originally in Kingdoms sets and then got reused in that fairytale pack:

Here it is on Bricklink.

The bright yellow vet hair and brown Mad-Eye Moody hair have finally appeared at LEGO Certified Store in Sydney, though not a lot of the other awesome exclusive pieces reported here previously from the US. They did have dual-moulded blue/yellow and white/yellow legs which are nice, and this face which only appeared in one set.

The one other interesting piece I found was dual molded dark grey/red legs, which are also not common.

1 hour ago, Kalais said:

Finnaly got those awesome shields and took photo of Crusader/Lion Knights :)

What a great picture!

Those crusaders look superb! I'm curious if we'll see a future set with them. Those shields are pretty hard to find!

48517532292_32c277820d_c.jpg

Here’s my haul from a few stores today. The female head is a double sided one that I can’t place. Or the two winking faces. And the legs on the “Champs” minifig. 

Edited by Vindicare

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

Here’s my haul from a few stores today. The female head is a double sided one that I can’t place. Or the two winking faces. And the legs on the “Champs” minifig. 

The legs on the guy on the very left, I’ve not seen them before!!

I've recently been finding moderate quantities of the CMF Series 10 Sea Captain's unique officer's cap as well as the Chinese style bowls in the Build A Minifig area at Arundel Mills.

@Kalais What set did those shields originally come from?  I might have to see about bricklinking those later on this week, after I get paid....

23 minutes ago, Laura Beinbrech said:

I've recently been finding moderate quantities of the CMF Series 10 Sea Captain's unique officer's cap as well as the Chinese style bowls in the Build A Minifig area at Arundel Mills.

@Kalais What set did those shields originally come from?  I might have to see about bricklinking those later on this week, after I get paid....

I think they’re exclusive to BAM.

7 hours ago, J4ck said:

The legs on the guy on the very left, I’ve not seen them before!!

Another exclusive BaM print, minifig heads. 

4 hours ago, Laura Beinbrech said:

Shields are exclusive BaM pieces. The shields are even bigger than the regular ones. I’m thinking they have to show up somewhere soon. I haven’t seen new pieces only showing up in those bins before...but I didn’t follow them too closely before.

Today in Assago; and you have to stick to the (headger + head + torso + legs + accessory) * 3 here too.

Some new hair, not sure about the black torso with dark red tie (serie 5 Graduate?). And lots of double color pants, not to mention those with stripes on the side.

Not sure about those white pants with belt: where do they come from? I haven't seen any new accessory, so I pickey 4 dragon bowls and 2 pizzas.

assago1.jpg

assago2.jpg

assago3.jpg

4 hours ago, The Cobra said:

Not sure about those white pants with belt: where do they come from?

Series 3 Baseball Player

5 hours ago, The Cobra said:

Today in Assago; and you have to stick to the (headger + head + torso + legs + accessory) * 3 here too.

Some new hair, not sure about the black torso with dark red tie (serie 5 Graduate?). And lots of double color pants, not to mention those with stripes on the side.

Not sure about those white pants with belt: where do they come from? I haven't seen any new accessory, so I pickey 4 dragon bowls and 2 pizzas.

Yeah, the black torso with the red tie is the graduate. When I saw it in store I couldn’t place it so thought it was exclusive. When I was checking the faces on the CMF’s I noticed the torso. 

1 hour ago, The Cobra said:

Thanks to both of you.

Looking at your minifigs again, I love that face on the girl in the blue(second picture) far right. I still need to grab that hair as well. But I don’t remember seeing that face print...or the glasses one next to her.  I’ll have to keep an eye out. 

Edited by Vindicare