22kane

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

58 minutes ago, makoy said:

I went to my local shop today and checked BAM. I bought the "bearded woman" too and it does have long eye-lashes.

In one of my stash of BAM items, I also got a Pharoah head with black eyebrow (the original is dark blue)

Also, I want to confirm that there is white upper and yellow dual-moulded legs -- it is different from Donald Duck's. 

Great, guess everything is solved then. :thumbup:

12 hours ago, makoy said:

Also, I want to confirm that there is white upper and yellow dual-moulded legs -- it is different from Donald Duck's. 

My guess would be that it's this piece without the paw prints.

2 hours ago, Karalora said:

My guess would be that it's this piece without the paw prints.

Exactly my thoughts. It's interesting that in two different shops I went -- there was a PAB that has that legs assembly with paw prints pattern, and there was one without those paw prints pattern. 

I have found quite a few great pieces in the build a minifigure section at my nearby store over the past few years including numerous panda guy heads from the lego movie CMF line , Halloween pumpkins , mr good and evil heads , ninjago torsos and a few more interesting finds

On 5/22/2019 at 10:38 AM, Exetrius said:

Went to Wijnegem LEGO Store yesterday and got me this:

So you can pick extra legs / dresses instead of head and headgear?

2 hours ago, The Cobra said:

Tolorance for doing so varies from store to store, so it's always worth a try. :wink: 

On 5/26/2019 at 2:28 PM, The Cobra said:

I, at multiple stores, have always been able to pick any part for the three accessory pieces. Beyond that takes a little moxie.

On 5/26/2019 at 4:58 PM, Exetrius said:

Tolorance for doing so varies from store to store, so it's always worth a try. :wink: 

On my last visit where I picked up the shield referenced in this post,   I got away with purchasing 10 shields, two legs and 2 heads and a torso.  Rare but I was spending $300 on sets so they let it slide. 

6 hours ago, Rockstaremcee said:

I, at multiple stores, have always been able to pick any part for the three accessory pieces. Beyond that takes a little moxie.

On my last visit where I picked up the shield referenced in this post,   I got away with purchasing 10 shields, two legs and 2 heads and a torso.  Rare but I was spending $300 on sets so they let it slide. 

That shield is amazing! :wub:

13 hours ago, Rockstaremcee said:

I, at multiple stores, have always been able to pick any part for the three accessory pieces. Beyond that takes a little moxie

I actually forgot to ask. But I asked whether beard was an accessory, and the answer was "Yes".

Well, here's Orio al Serio last Monday (Elvis' hair also available in another shade of brown):

orio1.jpg

orio2.jpg

orio3.jpg

On 6/29/2019 at 11:36 PM, The Cobra said:

I actually forgot to ask. But I asked whether beard was an accessory, and the answer was "Yes".

Well, here's Orio al Serio last Monday (Elvis' hair also available in another shade of brown):

I'm so jealous!  We don't have the wizard torso, or the clamshell bikini torso.  We are very light on torsos in the BAM.

Speaking only for the Dallas and Austin, TX stores and OKC, OK store, I frequently buy just torsos or a mix of legs and torsos.
Over the past two years there has never been an issue, not even a raised eyebrow, so long as I didn't exceed the 15 pcs count.

My best haul was just a month ago 15 torsos, mix of Shakespeare torsos and mime torsos with swapped arms (yellow or short sleeve white/yellow) for pirate crew.
I hadn't seen either in awhile and thought they'd finally sold through the stock so I went a little ham.

I will need to keep an eye out for those Castle Shields, but if I see them I will definitely try to score 15 in a box.
Not that I resell on bricklink, but at ~3$ ea currently that's a no brainer. Even if you can only get 1 per fig you almost break even.

edit: My main reason for buying only Torsos and legs is cost per brick, 3.33$/fig or .66$ per pcs.
Torsos are frequently a lot more expensive on bricks and pieces and printed legs often are too.
Whereas heads and hair fall more or less neatly into the .66$ or less range.
Accessories vary wildly but unless I need a particular one *cough shield* I'll find them elsewhere for my army building.

Edited by Masked Mini

5 hours ago, tafkatb said:

Oh, that new baseball torso is gonna sell fast in the Cincinnati store.

It’s a great torso for sure. I was excited to get some yesterday but sadly the store didn’t have any. 

Build-a-Minifigure - Mall Of America - July 5, 2019   Signs of a New Castle line?

New Castle body!!!!

Build-a-Minifigure - Mall Of America - July 5, 2019   Signs of a New Castle line?

Note the arm printing.

Cut off shorts and mermaid bodies too!

Edited by Rockstaremcee
Added details and image

That castle body is from the CMF S.15 Frightening Knight. Pretty cool that you can score the torso and legs at the same time, it will make army building that much easier. I really hope those denim shorts get released somewhere besides the BaM wall.

Wow what a nice denim shorts legs, hopefully they will be available in my lego store. What kind of hair mould is on the mermaid minifigure? Is it new? It sure does look familiar.

This thread is so helpfull. :)

Edited by cebelicamya

2 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

Wow what a nice denim shorts legs, hopefully they will be available in my lego store. What kind of hair mould is on the mermaid minifigure? Is it new? It sure does look familiar.

Barbara Gordon's hair from The LEGO Batman Movie, I think.

CCmwpqC.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday by the Evil Knight torso/legs being available.
Originally went to score a box of shields but "only" found 6.
My Spaniards (Shakespeare) are growing leaps and bounds as well, add another platoon to the roll call!

Last I took a shoot at the dark blue legs with black boots... and it worked out rather spectacularly!
tSmImQ1.jpg
I'll be looking for more of these for the rest of my blue coat officers.

joRlFhg.jpg

Perfect match on the Lion. Please let there be a Lion Crusader CMF or set!

3 hours ago, Masked Mini said:

Last I took a shoot at the dark blue legs with black boots... and it worked out rather spectacularly!

Where's that torso print supposed to be from? :shrug_confused:

Its a cavalry soldier from The Lone Ranger.

Also anyone know the viewpoint of the Dreamworld LEGO store when it comes to mixing parts (as others in this thread talk about)?

The Oklahoma City store BAM kiosk was awesome.  They even had a ton of rabbits.

FMeMhaU.jpg

I hadn't seen the boxers with red mini heads on them, so maybe that's a BAM exclusive.

And the clerks were very cool.  15 parts of whatever you wanted in a mini pack.

Edited by Grover

47 minutes ago, Grover said:

The Oklahoma City store BAM kiosk was awesome.  They even had a ton of rabbits.

*snip*

I hadn't seen the boxers with red mini heads on them, so maybe that's a BAM exclusive.

And the clerks were very cool.  15 parts of whatever you wanted in a mini pack.

Did you see the CMF Spooky Girl hair in cool yellow? That’s another of the exclusive pieces. Also, was there a lot of that baseball torso in the bins?

Yeah, that bright yellow hair was there, but I was uninterested, as I typically build medieval stuff.  There were a lot of the baseball torso, rabbits, shields, really pretty much everything.  They are apparently one of the lower volume stores, so pieces tend to stick around a while.  They still had 1x2 purple tiles on the PAB wall that I hadn't seen anywhere else for a year or more.