22kane

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

these are so cool! the only thing is, these are useless for me since they don't carry fleshies. I don't like using yellow... especially since i go with WWII and such.

Thanx @Digger of Bricks, how cool is that. I like the idea, a bit dissapointed about  premade designs, hopefully we could make our custom designs in the future. What is Mosaic Maker that is mentioned in the article?

Edited by cebelicamya

1 hour ago, cebelicamya said:

What is Mosaic Maker that is mentioned in the article?

The London Leicester Square (and a couple of others I think) store has essentially a photo booth in it. You pay £99, you go in there, it takes your picture, and "mosaicifies it", and prints out a big 48x48 stud version of you made from yellow, black, white and grey 1x1 plates.

The box you get is standard - it contains enough pieces to make every photo that the booth can spit out (you end up with a lot left over).

On 6/8/2018 at 11:36 PM, meepinater said:

these are so cool! the only thing is, these are useless for me since they don't carry fleshies. I don't like using yellow... especially since i go with WWII and such.

Occasionally they do. I have picked up the Ewok Village Leia torso and legs but not head, and had a few different fleshie heads. But it is quite rare that they are in there.

1 hour ago, Mr Hobbles said:

The London Leicester Square (and a couple of others I think) store has essentially a photo booth in it.

Yes, these are Berlin and LEGO House stores.

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

This is only partly related, but has anyone here read about this yet?

The Brick Fan - LEGO Minifigure Factory Debuts in Denmark 

Yep, I heard. This is so cool. I really hope that they roll this out worldwide soon - I've always wanted a totally unique sigfig. Bit of a bummer that they're apparently only doing white torsos with yellow hands, and no faces or legs, but we gotta start somewhere, right? Hopefully they'll include variety sooner or later. 

4 hours ago, Mr Hobbles said:

The London Leicester Square (and a couple of others I think) store has essentially a photo booth in it. You pay £99, you go in there, it takes your picture, and "mosaicifies it", and prints out a big 48x48 stud version of you made from yellow, black, white and grey 1x1 plates.

The box you get is standard - it contains enough pieces to make every photo that the booth can spit out (you end up with a lot left over).

Like over 4000 1x1 square plates right? 48 X 48 = 2256 1x1 Square plates used.

2 hours ago, carlo.fadel said:

Yes, these are Berlin and LEGO House stores.

And soon to arrive in a store in the United States of America.

Its a pitty cool things like the minifigure factory and mosaic maker and the like are almost certainly never going to come to LEGO licensed stores like Dreamworld.

Hopefully, if this launches off, I'd like to see them expand this product's options beyond just white torsos and personalized prints. I mean, imagine if they made available all the torso print templates from past non-licensed CMFs, allowing for customers to utilize those templates for different colored torsos and legs, such as, for instance, the prints for the Series 6 Intergalactic Girl superimposed onto minifigure components in Earth Blue, Olive Green, Dark Red, Dark Purple, Flame Yellowish Orange... :purrr:

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Hopefully, if this launches off, I'd like to see them expand this product's options beyond just white torsos and personalized prints. I mean, imagine if they made available all the torso print templates from past non-licensed CMFs, allowing for customers to utilize those templates for different colored torsos and legs, such as, for instance, the prints for the Series 6 Intergalactic Girl superimposed onto minifigure components in Earth Blue, Olive Green, Dark Red, Dark Purple, Flame Yellowish Orange... :purrr:

*oh2* Seems like I had gravely, gravely underestimated the potential future possibilities just from this experimental run... Dude, I'm mindblown!! :oh::thumbup:

7 hours ago, Exetrius said:

*oh2* Seems like I had gravely, gravely underestimated the potential future possibilities just from this experimental run... Dude, I'm mindblown!! :oh::thumbup:

Well then, what other recolors would you perhaps wish for yourself? :classic:

Off the top of my own head, I'd probably also wish for the torso print template for the Series 3 Pilot so I could superimpose it onto either a Black or Dark Brown torso, while my other wish would be for the print templates to the Series 17 Retro Spaceman of course. :blush:

On 6/22/2018 at 10:29 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Off the top of my own head, I'd probably also wish for the torso print template for the Series 3 Pilot so I could superimpose it onto either a Black or Dark Brown torso, while my other wish would be for the print templates to the Series 17 Retro Spaceman of course. :blush:

I'd want the Series 18 Dragon Suit Guy in blue . . wait, but there'd be no way to give him wings and tail . . . damn. Still, there's certainly a lot of possibilities. I really hope this takes off. 

On 6/22/2018 at 2:29 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Ninjago ninja gi's (the very first ones) in any colour I desire! :purrr: 

Maybe this discussion should take place in a different thread, though.. :wink:

I'd find some suitable torsos for WWI and WWII. well, the design, that is. I can recolor them in tan, brown, grey, and black... :)

I noticed that a huge percentage of the pieces in the "Build a Minifigure" section of the LEGO store are from collectible minifigures. I'm wondering if these are just surplus parts that never made it into minifigure bags, or what? Does LEGO just send their excess parts to the LEGO stores? Just wondering if anyone knows.

Thank you all very much for the info! :classic:

To be able to print a minifigure with your own design is a great idea! :thumbup:

Since I live far, far away from the next Lego Store, I really do hope that S@H will offer this servie soon, too.

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

On 7/20/2018 at 12:07 AM, fatsomania said:

Just wondering if anyone knows.

I have merged these threads so you can take a look here :wink:

On 7/20/2018 at 12:07 AM, fatsomania said:

I noticed that a huge percentage of the pieces in the "Build a Minifigure" section of the LEGO store are from collectible minifigures. I'm wondering if these are just surplus parts that never made it into minifigure bags, or what? Does LEGO just send their excess parts to the LEGO stores? Just wondering if anyone knows.

There are a limited number of CMF bags made, Lego creates more than enough and the surplus goes to the Lego Stores several years later.

IMG_3893IMG_3892IMG_3890

I was in lego store yesterday and i found blue clown hair and scarecrow hat in new blue that came in diner set, can't remember the name of the color right now. The store employee said that they were exclusive made for the lego store. Had anyone else found them in other lego stores?

Edited by cebelicamya

@cebelicamya

Yes, I found them in July in a lego store. But I found out they were special after I searched on Bricklink from where they from.