Legocityfan

Chipping Faces?

I recently got one of the PoTC sets and noticed Jack Sparrow's head was chipped, which made me wonder if this happens often in sets? I have circled the area. Sorry for bad photo. DSCF4991.jpg

Directly out of the box? It's not that common as far as I know. If this is how you got him, you could probably get a replacement from Customer Service.

Lego claimed in the mega factories tv programme that their paint applications dont chip or rub off. so it's a quality control issue. contact customer services and request a replacement.

Lego claimed in the mega factories tv programme that their paint applications dont chip or rub off. so it's a quality control issue. contact customer services and request a replacement.

Ahem f*ck no. Almost all of my Indy heads are chipped and/or faded.

Alot of my friends Indy faces are in bad condition too.

Edited by airsoftg36c

Ahem f*ck no. Almost all of my Indy heads are chipped and/or faded.

Alot of my friends Indy faces are in bad condition too.

TLG is referring to the chipping of the print itself, as in the print just flaking off. In my experience this is extremely, extremely rare. Chipping, denting, or otherwise scraping off a little of the plastic, on the other hand, is quite easy to do with rough play.

TLG is referring to the chipping of the print itself, as in the print just flaking off. In my experience this is extremely, extremely rare. Chipping, denting, or otherwise scraping off a little of the plastic, on the other hand, is quite easy to do with rough play.

Or the teeth removal method. Those cannines are sharp little blighters and are the ones most in use when someone sticks a figure head first into their mouth... (I wince everytime my brother does it).

I have had two Jack's now and both are fine. Might just be a run that was shipped out to your neck of the woods.

The only face I heave with chipped paint is a classic yellow smile face and it's about 20 years old and got played with quite a but.

I'd call LEGO, they'll likely get you a new one.

I recently got the Hagrid's Hut set, and Harry's face (both sides, yes both sides!) paint is sort of faded.

Here's a photo. The rest of the minifigs are looking great though.

So now Harry is not just scar-face but scratched-face as well. :laugh:

Edited by r1chard

I recently got the Hagrid's Hut set, and Harry's face (both sides, yes both sides!) paint is sort of faded.

Here's a photo. The rest of the minifigs are looking great though.

I'd be pretty sure you could call up Customer Service and get a replacement as well. TLG tends to be quite agreeable when it comes to the quality of their products. Edited by Brickdoctor