lightningtiger

MEGA-MOC - Shopping Centre

How about putting a LEGO store in?

If you bought the LEGO truck you could put sets in it and use the Lego decals.

How about putting a LEGO store in?

If you bought the LEGO truck you could put sets in it and use the Lego decals.

Thanks anyway for the suggestion, two things - sadly no....we don't have any in Oz and you are second to suggest it. But I will have a Lego retail display in the Discount Store frontage.

Keep those suggestions comming ! :grin:

Russ Ballard?

- Michael

Yes, I wonder what happened to him ? :wink:

Anyway, I might have a few more things up and running today, but still which ladies fashion and discount stores do I build ? :look:

Brick On Suggest On ! :grin:

Thanks for the feedback everyone, 'jonwil' yes it most likely will be a Bakers Delight.

Now a QANTAS plane at an airport, well.....it would have to be QANTAS Link twin prop planes and not jets for a small town airport ! :wink: But I have not even put any though to an airport or even an airstrip ! :wink:

In any case I will take any of those and even more ideas onboard to create this Mega-MOC ! :grin:

Thanks again and Brick On Suggest On ! :grin:

Outback Airstrip would be a good start, do you have the current airport, that plane would just need a few decals for Qantas :classic:

Well thanks again 'Macoco' for the airport suggestion, maybe once I have this completed and the truck stop I keep putting off. :blush:

Thank you 'Mr_Malfoy' for the Macca's suggestion - I will consider it, but in this updated photo you can sort of see the space for the coffee kiosk/snack bar/cafe-what-ever.

0000_1_shopping_centre_080.jpg

0000_1_shopping_centre_081.jpg

In the above photo you will see the start to the ladies fashion store.....so which one is it - you can help decide ? :grin:

Comments as usual, as well as suggestions are very welcome.

Brick On Shop On ! :grin:

Would Peacocks be of any help? :wacko:

Okay, is there a joke I'm missing here......Peacocks....wait I'll pop over to goggle....right, back now - MEH ! I'm NOT doing a U.K. town......New Mannum is Aussie....green and gold. Peacocks is a U.K. clothing retailer, first thing that popped up on goggle ! :grin:

But thanks for the comment anyway 'Darth CJ' and keep on watching everyone still more to come tomorrow ! :grin:

The floor lokks beautiful, LT - I like the white. It brings out everything else. Those black you were using had me wondering about the color of the rest of it, and it works perfectly. :thumbup:

As for the ladies fashio shop, what about FrockShop or The Wardrobe? Those are the first two to pop up on Google. And there's this Crossroads too.

All in all, keep up the great work - brick on! :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback 'Artifex', black....oh the fittings on the wall are a mixture of dark grey and dark bluey grey. When I build the other side of the store tomorrow I will have a better idea on what name it will carry......keep any suggestion comming (as long as it's real and Aussie Aussie Aussie....you know the rest ! :laugh: )! :grin:

Today, I will decide if this building will have a Z-shape or L-shape to it.....what does everyone think ? :wink:

In the above photo you will see the start to the ladies fashion store.....so which one is it - you can help decide ? :grin:

Comments as usual, as well as suggestions are very welcome.

Brick On Shop On ! :grin:

La Senza?

Er, 'spock' who and what is a 'La Senza' ?

Anyway, just quickly.....

0000_1_shopping_centre_077.jpg

Coffee kiosk started....

0000_1_shopping_centre_078.jpg

0000_1_shopping_centre_079.jpg

Comments welcome and Brick On everyone ! :grin:

Question, the coffee kiosk good enough for The Coffee Club or something else ?

Here is one style that The Coffee Club uses.....

the-coffee-club_small110511151458.jpg

Comments.....you know the rest.....Brick On everyone....Suggest On as well ! :wink:

this is looking awesome LT the details are very well thought out

with the coffee kiosk why not make it a Donut King? they make coffee and also er.. donuts 2 items for one store plus they are in every shopping center

and i would go for the L-shape center, i seem to recall walking in a few like that... with couches put around for the elderly to rest

Looking good and yes the Coffee Club stand in the photo would be a good match for what you have built so far.

Better than a Donut King (who's donuts suck anyway :)

Thanks 'jonwil' and 'TanTile' for your comments, yep....The Coffee Club it is....see !

0000_1_shopping_centre_076.jpg

I only need to sticker it now ! :wink:

Oh, also I have started external wall construction again. :blush::wink:

0000_1_shopping_centre_075.jpg

Still comments are very welcome and keep on drinking coffee.....especially after all that POTC rum ! :laugh:

Gee, quite for a third of day on the WHOLE forum ? :wacko:

Ah, well.....today, the wall on this starting section, the flooring and ladies fashion store..I'm now thinking of using Katies or Suzanne Grae - might have to toss a coin or ask a woman's point of view ? :wacko:

Updating in a few hours everyone so keep on watching ! :wink:

Very funny thing I just noticed, I was in sydney a few years back and went to a coffee kiosk just like that one. :classic:

The update is very great, and the coffee machine is a nice build too. Now where are the cops going to hang out? :grin:

Must be quite because it is memorial day in the U.S.A

Edited by Fuzzylegobricks

Thanks 'Fuzzy' for tose comments, yeah the coffee kiosk just came together by scratch-building it piece by piece yesterday. Oh, the police in Oz perfer McDonalds....heck, even the prisoners in the station's holding cells get the choice of Macca's breakfast and lunch/dinner menu ! :laugh:

Brick On everyone, and keep a watchful eye out for more ! :grin:

Great work, as always. I have to say your town is one of the most realistic and detailed I've seen and this is just another great addition to it.

It looks believable and that's a great use of those big glass canopy pieces. If only our shopping centres looked like this in the UK. The outside detailing is grand and the coffee stand is a great detail - small in comparison to the rest of the MOC but I think it really makes it - I can taste coffee just looking at it!...ok, I can taste coffee most of the time, I'm nigh enough addicted to the stuff....but I'm sure you get my point. As you say...I'm a conformist!....and whatnot!

*reason for edit: what witchcraft is this? looks like a certain well used phrase of yours has been blacklisted... :blush:

Edited by Rocketbilly

As you say...I'm a conformist!....and whatnot!

*reason for edit: what witchcraft is this? looks like a certain well used phrase of yours has been blacklisted... :blush:

Hehehehe... Welcome in the club, Rocketbilly :laugh:

And LT, like most others here, I'm keeping on br... watching the progress of the shopping centre :wink:

Thanks 'laka' and 'rocketbilly' for your comments, and remember we are NOT comformists.....Fight The Power (Public Enemy) ! :laugh:

Oh, yeah.....quick update and you can see more how this is going to look.

0000_1_shopping_centre_074.jpg

Still more to come and keep on making those comments.....Brick On ! :grin:

Can't wait for the car park, remember plants, and always a parking fee. :laugh:

Do I see a fire alarm outside? (red with blue light)

Edited by Fuzzylegobricks