lightningtiger

MEGA-MOC - Shopping Centre

I decided to get cracking on the redesign.....

0000_2_shopping_centre_96.jpg0000_2_shopping_centre_97.jpg0000_2_shopping_centre_98.jpg0000_2_shopping_centre_99.jpg

More work is yet to be done to the Target store, plus planning a new entrance to the complex....comments welcome, suggestions welcome (yes, there will be somewhere selling Lego ! :wall::roflmao: ) and keep on watching ! :wink:

Wow.

Thank you, I don't get a wow too often ! :classic:

More work on the rebuilding this week - mainly the Target and the chemist might get refused into the complex design yet.....not sure....a little feedback might help. :wink:

Brick On and keep on watching ! :grin:

How long is this MOC? you have taken all the white tiles! :laugh::tongue:

the individual shops look great for a city!

How long is this MOC? you have taken all the white tiles! :laugh::tongue:

the individual shops look great for a city!

Well, no....my supplier still has a few hundred white 2x2 tiles left.....note to self....buy more tiles ! :laugh:

Thank you for your comments anyway 'streifen' and everyone keep them comming.....I'm still a bit on the sick list plus worse my computer screen is broken and have to use the lcd tv in the lounge room while the wife isn't there. :cry_sad:

Brick On anyway ! :sadnew:

Parts are starting to become a problem - must start searching in all my boxes now. :blush:

Sharper pictures and starting work on a new chemist.......

0000_2_shopping_centre_95.jpg0000_2_shopping_centre_96.jpg0000_2_shopping_centre_97.jpg0000_2_shopping_centre_98.jpg0000_2_shopping_centre_99.jpg

I must start work on the other side wall to the Target department store and of course continue the chemist plus flooring everywhere.

Keep those comments, etc., comming and keep on watching ! :grin:

Quick edit - no you are not seeing double, with this new computer somehow images have gotten muddled :blush: - so the earlier phone camera shots have been lost.....oh, well that's life ! :blush:

Edited by lightningtiger

Quick update again, changed my mind again.....the chemist is now next to the Target department store and I gave the payphone a little more room ! :wink:

0000_2_shopping_centre_93.jpg

0000_2_shopping_centre_94.jpg

Comments still welcome and keep on watching ! :wink:

This thing is really shaping up. I've been watching for a little while now. Your attention to detail is stunning. Excellent work my friend. Can't wait to see more.

This thing is really shaping up. I've been watching for a little while now. Your attention to detail is stunning. Excellent work my friend. Can't wait to see more.

Thanks '22kane' for your kind words, Monday I'll be buying white tiles to finish some of the walkway. Question do I keep the rotary doors or go with sliding doors across the front of the shopping centre ?

Keep those comments, etc., comming and Brick On ! :grin:

Planning is under way for either a bakery or a bottle shop (known in the U.K. as an off-licence) to go next to the Mister Minit, plus at the far end of this the supermarket.....it will give the plain IGA a run for it's money ! :wink:

Which would people like to see, bakery or bottle shop ?

Keep on watching ! :grin:

Bottle shop sounds nice, what brand would you use?

Bottle Shop is good but you will need a lot of Belville bottles :sad: .

Bakery is good but do you have any bagetes[is this how to spell it?]

Both of them are perfect. Can't choose :oh3:

Bottles can be obtained from Pirates Of The Caribbean sets or you could use the new BrickForge bottle pieces.

Can also use 1 x 1 round bricks as cans or regular bricks with stickering to represent boxes/slabs/etc

Okay, a bottle shop....slabs of Coopers pale ale ! :drunk:

Hopefully it might look similar to this.....

Parade-Cellars-Sip-n-Save-Norwood-Shop.jpg

I have actually shopped there and have had wine testing there too ! :drunk:

It's in the same shopping complex as my wife works in, she works at the Foodland.....so you can guess what supermarket will be going in....Woolworths :iamded_lol: - fooled you......Foodland of course ! :grin:

Updating in a few days once I have my flooring materials (tiles, tiles and more tiles).....keep on commenting, suggesting too ! :wink:

Thanks 'sputnik16' for the positive feedback, thinking about it the bottle shop counter will be easy as this is no more than 8 studs deep......need more POTC bottles ! :laugh:

I must plan how big to make the cartons of beer, any suggestions ? :wink:

Bottles can be obtained from Pirates Of The Caribbean sets or you could use the new BrickForge bottle pieces.

Can also use 1 x 1 round bricks as cans or regular bricks with stickering to represent boxes/slabs/etc

Oh yeah, I remember seeing the Captain's Cabin set having bottle :oh:

Thanks 'sputnik16' for the positive feedback, thinking about it the bottle shop counter will be easy as this is no more than 8 studs deep......need more POTC bottles ! :laugh:

I must plan how big to make the cartons of beer, any suggestions ? :wink:

1x1 brick with stud on top.

Come on LT, stop teasing us with (amazing) details and give us some overall views of you layout!

Cheers

Rog

Come on LT, stop teasing us with (amazing) details and give us some overall views of you layout!

Cheers

Rog

Hee, Hee, teasing - that what my wife does ! :laugh::devil:

Okay, I'll work on this creation tomorrow and bring up some fresh shots too.....still thinking ho big to make the cartons of beer though ? :look:

Keep on suggesting everyone ! :grin: