StarCraft2 inspired Banshee helicopter. Once again I ran out of parts due to large scale and ended up with an unarmed civilian version. I might add missing weapons and correct landing gears later. (This civilian version is my Technic Challenge entry) Thanks for watching!

Some specifications:

length: 800mm

4 motorized rotors via 1 x M motor

Main rotor tilt via 1 x M motor

Adjustable main rotor blade angle

2 led headlights

Click the image for brickshelf gallery!

4.jpg

Hi, great model and interpretation! :thumbup:

Have you missed to take a photo together with the Challenge logo printout, so that it can be considered as a valid entry into the contest?

Thanks for commenting!

The photo I submitted to the challenge had the printout next to it. I took additional photos without printout for normal sharing of model on Brickshelf. Now I need to make a video of the functions, it looks actually pretty cool when all the rotors are spinning ;D

Thank you all!

I might try StarCraft Siege Tank next because of the interesting opening/closing mechanism. I've already seen one great Siege Tank built but it was mostly normal Legos so I could still try with 100% Technic and have some originality ;D

My Banshee didn't make it through the judges to the voting in the Technic Challenge :D

Excellent MOC! It looks good and functions well. Also, the video you have made to present it is of an amazing quality with clear shots and great presentation. :thumbup:

Extremely well done. :classic:

~buddy~

great model, and the video is just excellent. I wish I could create such videos of my models.

Hey Drakmin, would you mind telling me how did you achieve the smooth camera movements in the video? I know there is a professional equipment that can do that, but it costs $2,000 a piece. I'm just working on a motorized Lego camera dolly for my own use, I hope it will make my videos better.

Could you also tell us what camera you've used? The close-up shots and zooming in the video are excellent.

Video was shot by my brother, I can't do good videos :D Camera used was Sony Ex-1. Some camera moves were made with a "skater dolly". It's basically a plate with wheels that can be driven around using hands. Only camera is standing on top of the plate and it required some surface like tabletop to be driven on. (it was a DIY skater made of plywood, try google image search to get the idea)

Thanks. The results you got are really impressive. I've been toying with the tilt-shift effect recently, but it's nothing compared to your job. Your video is top of the notch, and your photos are great too (I wish I had camera like yours :)).

Edited by Sariel

[bUMP]

LEGO TECHNIC STARCRAFT 2 BANSHEE by Drakmin -- For those who missed it the first time around, aspecterr converted Drakmin's Flickr and Vimeo videos into this

. See more pictures on Drakmin's Brickshelf gallery.

5746082857_ee1bb73467_z.jpg