Fuzzylegobricks

WIP REVIEW: 10218 Pet Shop

Modulars  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good deal?

2. 2. Which modular is your favorite?

3. 3. How do you rate this set?

Thanks 'Fuzzy' for the review so far, high points - staircase :thumbup: - townhouse itself :thumbup: (though more interior would be nice) - pet shop :thumbup: (BUT minus one stupid cash register - worst one ever :thumbdown: ).

I might copy the shop design and include it along side my redesign of the green grocer I'm planning in the future to do just for fun though.

Look forward to seeing the conclusion of your review tomorrow 'Fuzzy' and keep on reviewing ! :grin:

Thanks everyone, prateek the spiral staircase is very sturdy. If you want to know about the leaning pet shop one, it is really half sturdy half ugly. :classic:

I appreciate the effort, and it's nice to hear your thoughts on the Pet Store. But I hope someone else will do a review as well, as this set deserves better pictures.

I appreciate the effort, and it's nice to hear your thoughts on the Pet Store. But I hope someone else will do a review as well, as this set deserves better pictures.

Aww really. :angry: I will do better pictures when I do a later review.

This will be done tomorrow so it is a little late to make another review.

Edited by Fuzzylegobricks

Found this picture review on brickshelf with a few pages of pictures with lots of details.Click here

Found this picture review on brickshelf with a few pages of pictures with lots of details.Click here

I bought and built the Grand Emporium today. I plan on getting the Fire Station next, and then the pet shop. These are by far the most rewarding builds I have ever done.

Hi there Fuzzylegobricks. Thanks for your review of this set, its nice to hear your opinion about it. I had trouble with your poll though - the price is horrendous in Australia (when we will eventually get it) at AU $269, I ordered one from the States via Bricklink. So for this question, I had to say "no". As for my favourite; I only own two others and I'm a firefighter! However, I had to go with Green Grocer as it's such a fantastic set. Pet Shop is pretty close (right behind Fire Brigade! :laugh: ), there are many cool details within the set and I like how it's two mini-sets, so you can position the buildings where-ever you like in your layout.

Shame about the picture quality, but other than that it's a great review so far, can't wait for the rest.

I'm not sure about value for money on this one though, Lego's odd pricing strikes again, £119.99 in the UK whereas both Fire Brigade and Green Grocer with higher piece counts cost less at £99.99. I'll still end up buying it though, I love these modular buildings and this being no exception. I'm still annoyed I missed Cafe Corner and Market Street, the prices for those are now utterly ridiculous.

Edited by samshaw44

Its great to here you guys thoughts. I also think the pet shop is great but in the

other countries besides the USA it is very steep, Very great that you have a modular Fire station just

like your actual job! I am applying to be a helicopter pilot for rescue. The green grocer is also my favorite

but sadly I only have this and the GG. I also wish I had better pictures but I have lots of lego to get before my next

camera (too many 2011 sets I suppose). The review sadly must get finished on Friday (Pacific Standard TIme), aka 113:37 hours (a week).

The reason for such a delay is I couldn't get it to upload well and need to get it fixed. Hope you enjoy the rest later. :classic:

I WILL POST THE REST IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS :grin:

Edited by Fuzzylegobricks

Next few days? Don't say things that you can't keep to.....

Please do not bump ancient threads with comments that add nothing to the discussion. Thank you.

Next few days? Don't say things that you can't keep to.....

I'm sorry, things got a bit crazy for me that week and I never was able to finish this. I would revamp this review but I don't have the time to right now.

(sorry for bumping the topic)