Number – 10218

Name – Pet Shop

Theme – Modular (City/Creator)

Year – 2011

Minifigs – 4, 6 animals.

Pieces – 2032

Price – USD: $149.99

Where Available - Bricklink, S@H, Amazon

Hello EuroBrickers! I am proud to present my first review, also a HUGE set. My camera is broken so the images may be a little blurry, and the lighting is yet to get a new lamp. Please take the poll, and relax.

First off the Box:

Front has the nice traditional 16+ (exclusive style pattern).

picture_1.png

As you can see this modular is the ever so popular size 16x32 studs but with 2!

The back of the box is a mash of different scenes of furniture, interiors, and the buildings with the whole street available.

picture_10.png

The back of the box has lots of interesting details, here are them.

First shows the back of the buildings, there is a door to the basement for the house (apartment).

picture_2.png

Next is a close up of the pet store entrance with the stair way to the house upstairs.

picture_3.png

Here is the interior of the pet shop with the animals like frog, dog, cat, parrot, and fish.

picture_4.png

This is the second floor of the nice house. There is a interesting design for the painter and tools. Also see the spiral staircase?

picture_5.png

This is the upper floor of the pet shop.

picture_7.png

Here is the loft included.

picture_8.png

And last of the Box is the layout of the street.

picture_6.png

Now to part 1 of 4.(other parts posted soon.)

Here are the pieces.

picture_11.png

The nice new cardboard stored with the instructions to prevent dog ears. And the normal WIN! thing.

picture_12.png

The instructions, book 1 is the house, and book 2 is the pet store.

picture_13.png

In book 1, here are some pieces that are fairly new, or unique. Such as the flowers, and the dark orange 1x2 tile!

picture_15.png

The toilet is under the stairs and is simple build but quite affective, and next to it the owner of the house Maddam Posey.

picture_17.png

Now to a random instructions page, the colors are very hard for me to read and decipher, especially using the brown bricks.

picture_14.png

Also a random building point, this is the basement of the house.

picture_16.png

Once you have finished the first floor (part 1 out of 4) there is a trap door that goes into the very cramped basement, there is a ladder for the minifigure to climb down if 1 foot is too high for them. :tongue:

picture_19.png

The spiral staircase is very fun to build just like the toilet. :blush: The telephone is right next to it and the toilet door right behind the stairs. The color theme for this house ought to be blue and black. (My fav. too!)

picture_18.png

Last part of 1, is the whole floor complete! The overall of this floor is really nice to me besides the archway on the front of the doorway.

picture_20.png

FIrst part of the second floor is the nice spiral staircase.

picture_1.png

Next a nice painter and his tools are added, and a nice torso.

picture_2.png

This is how to build the boom-ish thing.

picture_35.png

Now the floor is coming together with a nice window sill with flowers and the spiral stair case too.

picture_3.png

Now the stairs are done and beautiful! :wub:

picture_4.png

Now the floor is done with a nice flower display and good coloring.

picture_6.png

Here is the front with a nice window with no plastic glass.

picture_5.png

Here is the back side, with a nice basement access, but the only problem is the black tiles used in the stairs are now visible.

picture_9.png

Here is the finished floor, with the nice details such as the draining pipe.

picture_8.png

For the upper floor, sorry no construction pics. But there is a awesome roof top garden! :wub:

picture_10.png

This is the interior of the attic shown above, there is some tan boxes and a nice openable window top right.

picture_13.png

Closed window

picture_11.png

Opened window

picture_12.png

This is the natural glow of the stain glass window.

So brilliant.

picture_14.png

Here is the finished back, yes I did put the last floor a few studs too far back. :blush:

picture_16.png

You all know what the finished front looks like though, but I think you may want to see the weird look I saw of the alignment of these grey brick.

picture_19.png

Now that you are relaxed from the cozy apartment house. Lets look at the pet shop!

Here is a random part of the build.

picture_20.png

Now a random instructions page.

picture_26.png

Here are all the animals from left to right.

Dog, Rat, Cat, Parrots(2), fish, yellow frog toy, and frog statue.

picture_21.png

After a little while you come with a scene filled with activity.

There is a sight of the dog pen, the cat pen, the mouse hole by the cat pen, the wash bucket, and the wooden box for new animal arrival.

picture_23.png

Many of you wanted to see the instructions for the fish tank so here you go! :wink:

picture_25.png

The store is now well progressed, and it is time to build the fold-able stair way so that you can play with the dog (for the kids). It is really ugly to me because there are too many pieces stacked up and the colors are all mixed. :sick:

picture_27.png

Here is the completely finished floor of the pet shop! It has a shelf added and cashier, the shelf has a rubber dog/cat toy. Then there is fish house and fake grass.

picture_28.png

The sign process is very new to me so It was a fun experience. Do you guys use the bar in the signs like in here on your Mocs?

Front..

picture_29.png

Top/birds eye view..

picture_30.png

Now it is almost done, we have to get the ball and bone displays built, when doing so I cam across a new piece!

picture_31.png

We are done with the first floor, so lets look at the front.

picture_32.png

And the back...

picture_33.png

Next to the finished house.

picture_34.png

Sorry if you feel there was not enough info today, I had to re-type it because of internet 3 times.

REMEMBER:

Part 1- H floor one

Part 2- H second floor

Part 3- P.S floor one

Part 4- P.S floor two

Part 4 posted tomorrow!

Please comment! :classic:

Edited by Fuzzylegobricks

I've only built the townhouse so far, but it was a pretty fun build. They had some neat techniques. I like the 2 1x2 windows up top that open up to that little balcony. One thing I don't like is that the small windows that are half circle on the top have no glass for them. There's just the one on the townhouse, but there's 3 on the Pet Shop. It'll get pretty cold in that room with 3 open windows. I noticed the trash can is new, to me anyways. But, seeing as it's a modular, it clearly isn't. Also, those flower pieces that are seen on the top of the townhouse are also new to me. I first got them in this years Kingdoms sets. I have, however been seeing them in MOCs created last year...

Edited by Legocrazy81

Thanks for the review Fuzzy default_thumbup.gif. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. Ordered it on the 10th and its now the 18th default_hmpfbad.gif. Might e-mail lego and see where it is.

Like I've said in previous topics this is my favorite modular house so far. even though I said that on previous modular releases but the pet shop is definitely my favorite.

If you already have problems to determine the colours, wait for the Pet Shop - in the instructions Sand Blue looks exactly like Light Bluish Grey...

Looks interesting 'Fuzzy' and I totally understand breaking up the review in to four parts. :sweet:

The basement looks more like a crawl space, even Yoda would bang his head ! :laugh:

The highlights so far are a toilet and a telephone, lets see what the upper floors has to offer. :grin:

Brick On Review On 'Fuzzy' ! :wink:

Any chance you can make some not-blurry pics of the minifigs? That female torso looks brandnew to me.

Any chance you can make some not-blurry pics of the minifigs? That female torso looks brandnew to me.

If I remember, that torso belongs to the queen in the Kingdoms Advent Calendar.

Edited by Legocrazy81

If I remember, that torso belongs to the queen in the Kingdoms Advent Calendar.

Yep, it has a lace-up back on the torso print. There appears to have only two newish things in this set a light bluey grey bucket and another new dog print.

Brick On everyone ! :grin:

By the looks of it clicking on this link fails all the time.

Ah, well...I'll wait for 'Fuzzy' to write this review - totally ! :grin:

The link works for me. No reason why it shouldn't.

Thanks for the first part of the review! The photos are well position and aren't too blurry, but I find they're a little dark. Would it be possible to brighten them up? Thanks.

The set is beautiful. I really hope to get it some day, but I don't have the cash :cry_sad: ! The buildings are so beautiful, and there's lots of lovely recoloured parts.

Yep, it has a lace-up back on the torso print. There appears to have only two newish things in this set a light bluey grey bucket and another new dog print.

Brick On everyone ! :grin:

The fish is also in a lovely new orange colour, and the cat has a new face print :classic: .

Looking forward to the rest of this review - nice that somebody finally serves the community's urge :)

Don't like the first poll question, though, which I don't think I can answer. What is a great deal for somebody is a very bad one for others, with the differences in pricing worldwide. I'd happily call this good value for money if I could pay US$149.99 or even GB£119.99 (around US$200) for it here in Norway - but as I've already moaned about in that other thread, it's listed for NOK 1599 here (almost US$290 / GB£180). Yes, this is a wealthy country, but these differences are horrendous...

There, I'm done. Now I'll shut up and stop complaining, and be happy that I can pick it up in the UK instead :)

Edited by L@go

Looking forward to the rest of this review - nice that somebody finally serves the community's urge :)

Don't like the first poll question, though, which I don't think I can answer. What is a great deal for somebody is a very bad one for others, with the differences in pricing worldwide. I'd happily call this good value for money if I could pay US$149.99 or even GB£119.99 (around US$200) for it here in Norway - but as I've already moaned about in that other thread, it's listed for NOK 1599 here (almost US$290 / GB£180). Yes, this is a wealthy country, but these differences are horrendous...

There, I'm done. Now I'll shut up and stop complaining, and be happy that I can pick it up in the UK instead :)

Very understandable, I actually didn't include a price in that question because it it for different money currency's, It is asking if it was a good

price to pay in your country. :wink:

Nice review so far. I'm liking this set. I can't wait for the rest of the review. As for the value question, I'd say it's okay, but as L@go said, nothing can beat the USA price.

BTW, you might want to take your pictures with natural light. The pics turn out much better :wink:

Thanks Prateek, I am thinking of that now because its summer, but usually the rain ruins lighting. I will look into better lighting and back drops.

Nice review, but man, you really need to get yourself decent camera.

Anyone thinking of buying two of this set and modding the buildings slightly to make expand them? For example the two of the petshops side by side with some modifications to make it a single building.

I am very sad I missed Green groccer which is my favourite modular building. Nvm I got to buy this once It reaches Singapore. Green groccer is simply too expensive !!! I rather buy this pet shop. Thanks for your pictures.

Anyone thinking of buying two of this set and modding the buildings slightly to make expand them? For example the two of the petshops side by side with some modifications to make it a single building.

It's not a bad idea. But I am not sure how to order LEGO bricks to custom make 2 larger buildings. I have no experience with MOC.

I'd thought about building one townhouse as a mirror image of the other and putting them together so that the bay windows are at the right and left-hand sides. This would make a "full" modular building.