Sign in to follow this  
gcanik

[MOC] HUMVEE with turret

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

This is an update or Version 1.2 of my Humvee. Inspired by more U.S. Special Forces modified Humvees. I have added a turret to the top and swing arm mounted M249 to the passenger side. I also took out the dark green pieces and changed the overall camoflauge pattern by incorporating more black and dark tan colors. I think it gives it a much meaner look now with this particular color scheme. The machine gun in the turrent is also a M249 as no one out there that I know of makes a Lego version of a .50 caliber machine gun (as of yet, hope, pray, hope). The turret took me two days of off and on building to come up with the hinge design and side to side action needed to make it positionable plus the fact of how small of an area it needs to fit into but also not interfering with being able to put four minifigs in the Humvee.

img_4262.jpg

img_4261.jpg

img_4263.jpg The brown monopod handle is from Brickarms, I didn't have one in black in my collection to use.

img_4264.jpg

img_4265.jpg

img_4266.jpg "Hey my helmet is on backwards" I like using the flesh colored double sided faces for multiple expressions

img_4267.jpg

img_4268.jpg

img_4269.jpg

img_4278.jpg The start of a convoy?

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

AWESOME mil spec vehicles and in cammo as well ! :thumbup:

Great work on detailing the front....you can see what factory they came from eh ? :grin:

Maybe I could suggest another with a chain gun on top....sorry I've watched too much Mythbusters ! :laugh:

Brick On 'gcanik' ! :grin: