Sign in to follow this  
Duke

Crusaders Pass on a Road

indexed.gif

The idea for this set up first came to me when I was sorting through my Crusader torsos and noticed that several of them had very faded printing. The idea is that on the right hand side a haggard group of soldiers is returning from a failed attack on the eastern world. Their uniforms are faded, their horses are dead and their weapons and armour are tarnished. In contrast, a new crusade embarks from the left with shiny weapons and armour and new uniforms. I never feel my photos quite do things justice but I hope you can get a reasonable impression of what I was trying to achieve.

Overview Shot - Showing the road and signposts in the centre.

dsc01202.jpg

The New Crusade

dsc01203.jpg

The Old One

dsc01209.jpg

Comparison Shot

dsc01206.jpg

Simple, yet effective MOC! :thumbup: The expression on the old standard-bearer really captures the mood of the battle worn troops.

Also, the new metallic silver helmets look really good on the Crusaders.

Edited by Donut

Great idea. :thumbup:

Perfect use of the old torsos.

I like your setup and with some photoshop this would make stunning pics.

But allready a great job.

I have to agree that's the best way to effectively use faded and worn-out torsos in a vig, simply perfect for the scene portrayed. Good job Duke! :thumbup:

I like how most of the crusaders have a beard or moustache. It was pretty usual in that era. Good job in that department as well. :thumbup:

Excellent yet simple MOC 'Duke', I like the old Roman road and those dejected three returning - good use of minifig heads to get the mood set just right ! :thumbup:

Brick On 'Duke' ! :grin:

Nice vignette, Duke! I like the overgrown look of the area, and you chose appropriate heads for the scene. Well done!

Thanks for the comments guys, i'm pleased that the choice of heads was noticed. I've just finished sorting and categorising all my minifigure parts so it was nice to choose just the right heads for the scene. I'm also pleased lightningtiger thought of it as a Roman road, also what I had intended!