Sign in to follow this  
Siegfried

Batspeed

DSC07893es.jpg

Brickbeard was almost out of luck. The 'Bounty suffered major keel damage when he was forced to take her over a reef to escape from the new Imperial Flagship. (How dare they get a bigger ship?!) Unable to pay the cost of repairs he made a gamble; using all his hoarded treasure he'd buy a smaller ship and go back to his roots as a smuggler to raise the gold.

DSC07894es.jpg

With him he took none of his old crew, and at short notice he found he had slim pickings. Two looked like George Michael, one looked as old as his clothes did, and the other just liked hanging around wearing as little as possible. But they were good sailors.

DSC07896es.jpg

Even so, being a traditionalist he still carried the colours, but he resisted flying them too much and never from the mast!

DSC07899es.jpg

This ship he found as the "White Pearl" and after buying a replacement figure head he dubbed her "Batspeed". The ships was ideal for the job; she had a small draft, an excessive amount of sails and she didn't look so much like a pirate ship.

DSC07900es.jpg

Only one cannon was carried; any more would have been suspicious.

DSC07902es.jpg

Being an ex-nobleman's ship she was fast and had good sea-keeping qualities, so in part to maintain the image, he took on passengers sometimes. This one was reportedly looking for his "rightful" bucket.

DSC07904es.jpg

MOC Notes:

I needed to build a pirate ship ASAP so it could be sent to Brickworld and this weekend I found the time. I spent about a day on it so I'm happy all things considered. When I get it back I'll probably buy some of the smaller sails... :pir-laugh:

Well done Siegfried thats a fantastic ship.

Is that your avatar hideing behind the sail?

Great work anyway.

cheers jango

Edited by jangofett

Great ship, I like the small details like the crossed swords, stuff like that makes the close up shots worth taking an extra look.

I'll be honest I didn't think I liked the white color yesterday when I looked at this, but today I'm singing a different tune, and I liked the story to go with it.

A most enjoyable vessel and great storyline befitting the look of the small runabout. I'm sure it will look great at Brickworld. :pir-sweet:

Being an ex-nobleman's ship she was fast and had good sea-keeping qualities, so in part to maintain the image, he took on passengers sometimes. This one was reportedly looking for his "rightful" bucket.

I wonder if this passenger would like a new, smaller bucket? :pir-classic:

95343.jpg

I'll be honest I didn't think I liked the white color yesterday when I looked at this, but today I'm singing a different tune, and I liked the story to go with it.

:pir-tongue: I wasn't sure while building it, but with the time frame I had I didn't have time to experiment. When I get it back I might try to add some more blue.

A most enjoyable vessel and great storyline befitting the look of the small runabout. I'm sure it will look great at Brickworld. :pir-sweet:

Thanks, I'm hoping it'll be back for BrickExpo too... :pir_laugh2:

I wonder if this passenger would like a new, smaller bucket? :pir-classic:

95343.jpg

He's already got one in his hand... :pir-wink:

It's a nice design, not a lot of good smaller ships around. The only thing I see 'off' about it is the mix of bright, vibrant colors (blue/red/green) in addition to the already-exotic white. But put it this way: he'll blend in just fine in the Arctic Ocean. :pir_laugh2:

Thanks, I'm hoping it'll be back for BrickExpo too... :pir_laugh2:

Me too! Nice work Siegfried, a nice little ship, nicely proportioned. One of the few ships I've seen with LEGO prefab rigging that I actually like. Well done, looking forward to seeing her in August. :pir-classic: