pedro

Mace Windu's Hijacked Crab Droid

Hey,

Here's my 2nd entry for The Character Rides Contest: Mace Windu's Hijacked Crab Droid.

windu.jpg

I love that episode in the original Clone Wars animated series where Mace hijacks a vulture droid and rides it throught the skies... awesome stuff. I'd been looking at the image of Mace destroying a Crab Droid on Wookiepedia and thought it'd be cool if he'd hijacked in much the same way the Vulture, holding onto it's system cables as a kind of rein...

windu-1.jpg

Mace has hacked away part of the Crab's shell to expose it's workings and cables:

windu-2.jpg

STOMP!

windu-3.jpg

Woah boy!

windu-4.jpg

Thanks for looking. Feedback welcome as always!

Very unique idea for an entry pedro, this crab droid is really well done I must say, and the way you present it with Mace riding it rodeo-style is very 'entertaining'. Another high-quality work, good luck with this one. :thumbup:

NIce job on the legs. :thumbup:

That and the colour scheme make it really stand out.

Very unique idea for an entry pedro, this crab droid is really well done I must say, and the way you present it with Mace riding it rodeo-style is very 'entertaining'. Another high-quality work, good luck with this one. :thumbup:

Cheers! I wanted to take a different approach to the theme of the contest. The Crab Droid was great fun to build!

NIce job on the legs. :thumbup:

That and the colour scheme make it really stand out.

The legs are ball socketed at the hull - it allows for a lot of poseability but can be tricky to get it to hold still! I originally tried to build this in reddish brown but just couldn't get the right bricks for those shapes and curves. Dark blue is very CIS and seems to work well!

Thanks for all the feedback, much appreciated. :classic:

Hello!

Another nice contest entry! :classic: The droid shows very high agility and the picture you took seems like a screenshot of a fast moving scene. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Wow! Great idea for an entry and a nice twist on Mace's Vulture Droid hijacking from the '03 CW series! :thumbup: Some nice detail and posing on that droid! Good luck!

AWESOME creation 'pedro', good luck in the contest....this one might score highly ! :grin:

May the brick be with you ! :grin: