Hobbes

Brickshelf: City vehicles

indexed.gif

V-LP-10A to V-LP-10C

V-LF-09C to V-LF-09E

V-LB-02A to V-LB-02D

V-LC-04F to V-LC-08E

V-LI-02C to V-LI-05D

V-LV-01D, V-LV-01F, V-LV-02A, V-LV-02C, V-LV-04A, V-LV-04C & V-LV-04D, V-LV-05B & V-LV-05C, V-LV-05E

I just stumbled upon brickshelf user pnorm's gallery and am at a loss of words - so beautiful 8-� *wub*

heavy-tow-truck-01.jpg_thumb.jpg

Does anybody know what kind of pieces he could have used for the front wheels of this fire truck? The only part for steerable wheels I know is 4261 (I missed a lot of Technic, I know) which looks too big for this model:

firetruck-3-2.jpg_thumb.jpg

This is one of the most beautiful fire trucks I've seen for a long time *wub*

Edit by Phred:

All of Pnorm's Vehicles

ambulance-01.jpg_thumb.jpg backhoe-01.jpg_thumb.jpg blue-tractor-truck-10.jpg_thumb.jpg sw48_1.jpg_thumb.jpg boom_truck-1.jpg_thumb.jpg camper-trailer-1.jpg_thumb.jpg

car-1-6.jpg_thumb.jpg red-car-01.jpg_thumb.jpg car-hauler-2.jpg_thumb.jpg mixer-1.jpg_thumb.jpg cherry-picker-1.jpg_thumb.jpg concept_car-1.jpg_thumb.jpg

pumpcrete-1.jpg_thumb.jpg convertible-1.jpg_thumb.jpg delivery-truck-1-1.jpg_thumb.jpg delivery-truck-2-1.jpg_thumb.jpg semi-dumper-01.jpg_thumb.jpg dumper-2.jpg_thumb.jpg

element-01.jpg_thumb.jpg excavator-v2-01.jpg_thumb.jpg tractor-shovel-snowplow-01.jpg_thumb.jpg ladder-01.jpg_thumb.jpg firetruck-3-1.jpg_thumb.jpg flat_nose-v2-01.jpg_thumb.jpg

loader-1-01.jpg_thumb.jpg loader-2-1.jpg_thumb.jpg garbage_truck-1.jpg_thumb.jpg grader-01.jpg_thumb.jpg hearse-1.jpg_thumb.jpg heavy-tow-truck-01.jpg_thumb.jpg

intercity-01.jpg_thumb.jpg j-d-tractor-1.jpg_thumb.jpg jd-1.jpg_thumb.jpg compactor-1.jpg_thumb.jpg j-d-1.jpg_thumb.jpg milk-truck-1.jpg_thumb.jpg

mini-excavator-01.jpg_thumb.jpg minibus-06.jpg_thumb.jpg mobile_tv_3.jpg_thumb.jpg novabus-1.jpg_thumb.jpg octan-tanker-1.jpg_thumb.jpg pick-up-1.jpg_thumb.jpg

police_car_1.jpg_thumb.jpg police-suv-1.jpg_thumb.jpg police-truck-1.jpg_thumb.jpg cherry-picker-v2-01.jpg_thumb.jpg suv-road-n-rail-2.jpg_thumb.jpg camper-1.jpg_thumb.jpg

schoolbus-1.jpg_thumb.jpg semi-tanker-1.jpg_thumb.jpg signal_truck-1.jpg_thumb.jpg snow-plow-01.jpg_thumb.jpg roller-1.jpg_thumb.jpg street-sweeper-2.jpg_thumb.jpg

tanker-5-01.jpg_thumb.jpg terminal-tractor-1.jpg_thumb.jpg texaco-tow-truck-01.jpg_thumb.jpg a_john_deere_w_backhoe.jpg_thumb.jpg tree-service-07.jpg_thumb.jpg ups-van-1.jpg_thumb.jpg

a-ut1.jpg_thumb.jpgmobile_unit_1.jpg_thumb.jpg pick-up-white-01.jpg_thumb.jpg wood_transport-1.jpg_thumb.jpg tractor-truck-yellow-01.jpg_thumb.jpg

I remember I posted up his gallery about 6 months ago for people to see.

http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/eurofo...?showtopic=3779

The fire truck is new, as are a few others.

I tried to replicate some of his vehicles, and although I could get mine to look almost like his, they were always very flimsy. I wonder how solid his vehicles are. But they sure are beautiful. THIS is someone that TLC should use as a master builder, and license his vehicles.

I am always more impressed by small MOCs that show amazing details than by big huge MOCs that are a testimonial more to the builder's stamina than their ingenuity. This guy may be in the top 3 of all the MOCs I've ever seen (assuming his MOCs are less flimsy than my attempts at copying his vehicles have been).

I cant tell from looking what part he used, but based on his other mocs, and the general focus on display rather than functionality I wouldn't be surprised if those wheels are just sitting on a loose hinge and posed at an angle (not actually controllable).

That and I dont see any visible Hand of God steering mechanism anyplace.

they are quite nice, and yep we do need city sets of this type, however, i can't really imagine seeing those fairly large vehicles on our roads...

I remember I posted up his gallery about 6 months ago for people to see.

http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/eurofo...?showtopic=3779

Whoops, sorry, didn't see it. Now I remember the thread, though (since I posted in it, too)... :-$

[...] and I dont see any visible Hand of God steering mechanism anyplace.

I couldn't make out any steering mechanism, either, but I thought maybe you have to "turn" the wheels themselves by hand. That wouldn't pose much playability, though...

isn't this the "steering" mechanism?

LOL

I suspected as much

ohwell, as pretty as they are, I simply cannot live without my HoG steering and playability. vrroom vrooom...

While indexing old (really old) topics with posted images that still work. I came across this gem of a brickshelf find topic. These brickshelf MOCs are awesome in many different ways. :wub:

I really like Pnorm's use of access to engine compartments and storage like in the Intercity Charter Bus.

intercity-09.jpg_thumb.jpg intercity-10.jpg_thumb.jpg

There are a lot of great 4-wide MOCs.

I think Pnorm's BS folder would be a good source of inspiration for different types of vehicles to build. :thumbup:

When (if :blush: ) I start building city vehicles, I'll definetely be checking out this thread for inspiration for bricks that I have along with vehicles I'd like to make.

Below is a "mini index" of Pnorm's MOCs:

ambulance-01.jpg_thumb.jpg backhoe-01.jpg_thumb.jpg blue-tractor-truck-10.jpg_thumb.jpg sw48_1.jpg_thumb.jpg boom_truck-1.jpg_thumb.jpg camper-trailer-1.jpg_thumb.jpg

car-1-6.jpg_thumb.jpg red-car-01.jpg_thumb.jpg car-hauler-2.jpg_thumb.jpg mixer-1.jpg_thumb.jpg cherry-picker-1.jpg_thumb.jpg concept_car-1.jpg_thumb.jpg

pumpcrete-1.jpg_thumb.jpg convertible-1.jpg_thumb.jpg delivery-truck-1-1.jpg_thumb.jpg delivery-truck-2-1.jpg_thumb.jpg semi-dumper-01.jpg_thumb.jpg dumper-2.jpg_thumb.jpg

element-01.jpg_thumb.jpg excavator-v2-01.jpg_thumb.jpg tractor-shovel-snowplow-01.jpg_thumb.jpg ladder-01.jpg_thumb.jpg firetruck-3-1.jpg_thumb.jpg flat_nose-v2-01.jpg_thumb.jpg

loader-1-01.jpg_thumb.jpg loader-2-1.jpg_thumb.jpg garbage_truck-1.jpg_thumb.jpg grader-01.jpg_thumb.jpg hearse-1.jpg_thumb.jpg heavy-tow-truck-01.jpg_thumb.jpg

intercity-01.jpg_thumb.jpg j-d-tractor-1.jpg_thumb.jpg jd-1.jpg_thumb.jpg compactor-1.jpg_thumb.jpg j-d-1.jpg_thumb.jpg milk-truck-1.jpg_thumb.jpg

mini-excavator-01.jpg_thumb.jpg minibus-06.jpg_thumb.jpg mobile_tv_3.jpg_thumb.jpg novabus-1.jpg_thumb.jpg octan-tanker-1.jpg_thumb.jpg pick-up-1.jpg_thumb.jpg

police_car_1.jpg_thumb.jpg police-suv-1.jpg_thumb.jpg police-truck-1.jpg_thumb.jpg cherry-picker-v2-01.jpg_thumb.jpg suv-road-n-rail-2.jpg_thumb.jpg camper-1.jpg_thumb.jpg

schoolbus-1.jpg_thumb.jpg semi-tanker-1.jpg_thumb.jpg signal_truck-1.jpg_thumb.jpg snow-plow-01.jpg_thumb.jpg roller-1.jpg_thumb.jpg street-sweeper-2.jpg_thumb.jpg

tanker-5-01.jpg_thumb.jpg terminal-tractor-1.jpg_thumb.jpg texaco-tow-truck-01.jpg_thumb.jpg a_john_deere_w_backhoe.jpg_thumb.jpg tree-service-07.jpg_thumb.jpg ups-van-1.jpg_thumb.jpg

a-ut1.jpg_thumb.jpgmobile_unit_1.jpg_thumb.jpg pick-up-white-01.jpg_thumb.jpg wood_transport-1.jpg_thumb.jpg tractor-truck-yellow-01.jpg_thumb.jpg

If I am not mistaking, this is Pierre Normandin's brickshelf. He now works for LEGO, and was the designer of many great sets, including the Red Cargo Train and the Maersk train. It also looks like he had a pretty big influence in the design of the Yellow Cargo train, which he has a red version of almost 5 years before the Yellow one came out.

Even a moderator makes mistakes....

I see no mistakes. :innocent:

:wink:

Even a moderator makes mistakes....

But raccoons are impeccable! :grin:

If I am not mistaking, this is Pierre Normandin's brickshelf. He now works for LEGO, and was the designer of many great sets, including the Red Cargo Train and the Maersk train. It also looks like he had a pretty big influence in the design of the Yellow Cargo train, which he has a red version of almost 5 years before the Yellow one came out.

It appears that you are correct Jay. :thumbup:

(an image from one of the Pickup Truck MOCs)

for_sale_pick-up_1.jpg