your video has been blokked here in the netherlands

And for those in the uk.:blush: Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I'm sorry, they blocked it because I used Ozzy's song. :cry_sad: Now it is without music and

are functional.

@ Tomik: You have the knack for building alternates of official Lego Technic sets! :classic:

After many grohl's alternates from set 8052 I'm adding one mine again - forklift truck. I have to admit that I've used one non-lego part - about 30 cm long thread. And what does this truck feature?

• motorized fork lifting via winch with thread (M-motor is used both for driving and braking forks)
  • mast tilting via hand-operated linear actuator
  • bearing capacity at least 250 g - I had to add little reinforcement that is not visible in pictures yet because mast was bending under load
  • rear axle steering
  • easy battery box removing
  • many little details like steering wheel, seat, rearview mirrors, joystick for operating forks etc.

I've also used few interesting structural tricks - crossing of steering axle and linear actuator driving axle without using gears and steering is made also without using any gear (except that 20 teeth double bevel gear on roof). I plan to do some little improvements during making building instructions. I'd like to add few lights (transparent round plates) and solve problem with lack of pins. And finally there are pictures here:

8052_model_3-1-forklift.jpg

8052_model_3-2-forklift.jpg

And short video is here:

Edited by Tomik

It looks beautiful :thumbup: I really like the blue.

Are you sure this is an set alternate :tongue: ?

Are you sure this is an set alternate :tongue: ?

Yes, I am. It was built just out of set 8052 plus piece of thread so it is alternate. :wink:

Edited by Tomik

Building instruction for RC hot rod is available at buildinst now and forklift truck video is coming soon.

Santa was little bit late this year so building instructions for forklift truck built out of set 8052 are available on buildinst only now.

It's Easter time and I've decided to celebrate it by publishing building instruction for Easter bunny built out of set 8048. Now you can build 3 different rabbits with help of buildinst.

Happy Easter !

kralici.jpg

I'm back with new alternative model build out of set 9394. I've built another crazy animal - red shark. I have been thinking about building fish since TSATS contest was announced. So this shark is moving its tail and opening maw when it is moved around. I've used modified mahj's mechanism from his

for shark tail.Video is coming soon.

9394-1-1-shark.jpg

9394-1-2-shark.jpg

9394-1-3-shark.jpg

9394-1-4-shark.jpg

9394-1-5-shark.jpg

Edited by Tomik

That's a nice model. :thumbup:

I would've never thought to make a fish out of an airplane :laugh:

Thank you for your positive cemments! I appreciate them and I've also added video.

I've finished new alternate of set 9393 few weeks ago. It is small helicopter with retractable landing gear and moving rotors.

9393-1-2-helicopter.jpg

With retracted landing gear

9393-1-1-helicopter.jpg

9393-1-4-helicopter.jpg

Little view inside