Sign in to follow this  
Sebeus I

Belly of a pirateship

This may look chaotic now but I can garantee that once I layed the deck everything will be hidden and it will look like an ordinary pirateship.

I recently bought Queen Anne's Revenge but instead of a bow and stern hull part it had two bow parts :thumbdown: .

So I used the old hull parts which have holes in bow and stern (like the Caribbean Clipper).

The holes in the stern were perfect for installing the operating 'button' for the anchor and the pneumatic pump.

5710749796_ccf0264e21_z.jpg

This ship will feature pneumatic operated chase guns, similar to what I did before here.

It will have a capstan which can be used to operate the crane, the cabin will light up and the anchor can be operated from the stern.

5710187395_a91bfcc8e2_z.jpg

Belly of a pirateship by sebeus, on Flickr

Well, I hope it will work out.

I will post more pictures when I make progress.

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum

We piratey MOCers tend to gravitate towards shape and color and we are not nearly as good with fun/play features. Koodos to you for doing something different!

One thing ive always liked about your ships is the fact that you add these great functions. Most people just put all their effort in getting the looks right. Well done for being more adventurous and adding more working functions, I look forward to seeing the final result!

Well, to be honest when I first saww the pic I wondered what it was all for. Then I went to your Flickr and watched youre video link and was truly amazed! Those mechanical gunports are brilliant on the Demon II, cant wait to see what you have in store for this ship :pir-grin: Id love to see mechanically trimmed sails or something like that too

:jollyroger: Dread Pirate Wesley

I recently bought Queen Anne's Revenge but instead of a bow and stern hull part it had two bow parts :thumbdown: .

I thought the modern Hull parts were the same for bow and stern.

Bart

I thought the modern Hull parts were the same for bow and stern.

Bart

I thinkj what he means is, that this is the first newer ship he has bought and so he didn't know that Lego now use the same piece for the bow and stern. Which is probably my biggest dissapointment with the new Lego ships, as the original stern piece is far superior!

Will you make the pneumatics work for all the guns? I think it is a really cool idea!

I also like the way your demon 2 ship looks, good luck on this one! :thumbup:

Id love to see mechanically trimmed sails or something like that too

:jollyroger: Dread Pirate Wesley

:P That would be quite the challenge.

I thinkj what he means is, that this is the first newer ship he has bought and so he didn't know that Lego now use the same piece for the bow and stern. Which is probably my biggest dissapointment with the new Lego ships, as the original stern piece is far superior!

Yes, this is my first of the new generation ships, I love the dark brown but the original hulls are so much better, besides, the new hull pieces wouldn't allow me to work in the pneumatic pump :P

Will you make the pneumatics work for all the guns? I think it is a really cool idea!

I would either need a lot of pneumatic cylinders or design a very complicated technic construction to make that happen.

And I'll probably need a bigger ship as well. Perhaps my next ship will have this feature. Maybe I'll use remote control power functions then, if the ship is big enough to hold a battery box, motors and receiver :pir-sceptic:

Time for an update,

I covered up most of the techical side of the ship.

5716163597_459948cd27_z.jpg

5716166797_dcdc3bc5ae_z.jpg

The chaser cannons are in place and work well, I'm not sure about using the hellhound heads again though.

I also placed the first mast but I'm probably gonna place it a bit higher, but I'll have to be carefull with that since I learned the first mast on a brig is shorter than the second mast (when it has two masts).

5716727822_4813707ab9_z.jpg

Maybe I'll give it a galleon sail plan, so one smaller third mast.

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum

Next update!

5722017996_9ab04b8a4a_z.jpg

The white cannon ports will be removed soon, I had a lot of problems trying to get a good color patern.

5722017812_64da6fb61b_z.jpg

As you can see there's still a lot of work.

5722017636_2189829e82_z.jpg

I don't know how you great ship builders do it but whenever I try using the laticed windows on a stern it never looks good. So I decided to once again do something else.

The nice thing about this glass window cabin will be the light function :pir-blush: .

Nice hull shaping and curving. I like it, it give me inspiration for my next ship, thank you.

Edited by Pudz426

This is awesome. I though about doing something like this on my ship but I didn't have the skills and bricks for it.

The moving cannons are great and the real light will probably be great as well.

The colourscheme is also nice, but perhaps you could make the blue line continue between the two bowchasers.

Good luck on this!

Outstanding technique! I agree with the Admiral on the blue line, though. And I don't think that your way of designing the stern window is in any way inferior to the beig ships around here. I find it to be quite nice. (apart from that, we'll propably never be ably to fully understand vessels like the Achille and the Vesta. My best guess is that there are matte paintings where the most complex parts are. That - or they are simply built by people who are sticklers for details :pir-sweet: )

Next update, it was night and I took pictures with the cabin lights on.

Now because I'm getting closer to my flickr limit I opened up my brickshelf again. Could anyone here help me to reduce the images ?

My Brickshelf folder.

dsc02776.jpg

dsc02777.jpg

dsc02778.jpg

I stole som furniture from the new pirates of the caribbean series :pir_laugh2:

dsc02783.jpg

dsc02784.jpg

The ship is almost finished, I need to make some sails and improve the deck a bit.

The hellhound heads on the bow are giving me some probles, they are a bit wider than two studs which causes problems when I want be consistent with the blue line on the ship.

Still some work to do...

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum

It looks a bit like the Black Pearl, I mean that it a good way :thumbup: Looking forward to seeing more! :cannon:

Sorry, I just saw your update, It dosn't really look like the Pearl anymore, Still in a good way though! :pir_laugh2:

It looks a bit like the Black Pearl, I mean that it a good way :thumbup: Looking forward to seeing more! :cannon:

Sorry, I just saw your update, It dosn't really look like the Pearl anymore, Still in a good way though! :pir_laugh2:

Oh, but this ship is not meant to look like the pearl. I'm just building on multiple ships at the same time.

there's this technical ship, the black pearl, Din's Fire and the flying dutchman.

I work on the one I like most at the moment.

It's finished...

and everything works :)

dsc03654.jpg

dsc03660.jpg

dsc03668.jpg

dsc03674.jpg

dsc03680.jpg

Captain Sebeus :pir_laugh2:

Now I'm actually not really satified with this ship, all mechanical abilities are fine but the ship itself looks rather blocky.

I think I'll need to try again.

Luckely I can just remove everything I don't like withouth touching its mechanical systems :pir_laugh2:

Anyway, this was a fun build, mostly in the beginning.

Maybe I should apply these mechanics to a larger ship, like the Flying Dutchman I'm working on,

imagine, Remote controlled Triple cannons :pir-sweet:

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum

Interesting design, the mechanical aspects are cool and add something different to the norm. I don't think the ship itself looks too blocky but there's room for some improvement. The colour scheme is nice it would deffinitly be great to see you incorperate your mechanics into your new Dutchman. Maybe some string rigging would look better, although it's an absolute pain to do! Nice work and keep them coming.