Sign in to follow this  
gcanik

MOC: HUMVEE

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

My first attempt at a High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV or Humvee). This partcular desgin was inspired by images I found of Humvees used by U.S. Special Forces in Afghanistan. The initial construction design followed instructions made avaliable by LEGOHAULIC on Brickshelf. After making a parts list and doing some research on various Humvees and because of the avaliability and price of certain tan pieces I decided to go with this color scheme. It uses a mix of tan, dark tan, dark green and black. I made serveral modifications to LEGOHAULICs design as I felt the playability factor and sturdiness were not up to my total liking. I reinforced the rear canopy area and hood areas to make them stronger plus I redesigned the front grille and headlights to include a brush guard and the orange tinted headlights.

img_4246.jpg

img_4242.jpg

img_4253.jpg

img_4247.jpg

img_4248.jpg

img_4250.jpg

img_4252.jpg

img_4257.jpg

img_4254.jpg

img_4260.jpg

Here is a link to the site for the images that led to my design U.S. Special Forces Humvees in Afghanistan

Weapons and Armor are from minifig.Cat Toy Shop

I'm already working on improvements to this Humvee by including a semi-protected gun turrent and gun/arm holder to the passenger side hood plus redoing some of the camoflauge to make it darker in its overall scheme. Plus I'm working on a M-1114 UAH (Up-Armored Humvee).

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

gcanik, it's a nice MOC, but please resize your pictures - they are way too large. Please refer to the site guidelines and tutorials on resizing pictures (links in my signature). I will convert them into links until you have resized them.

Thanks.

Edit - here's the resizing tutorial.

That is really well built! I have never seen a HUMVEE in person but it looks like the ones in the pictures.

How much did this cost? I'm tempted to build one...

Great Humvee MOC gcanik! It really looks very accurate with the ones used by the USSF in Afghanistan. I like the overall smooth build and the use of differently-colored pieces to approximate the camouflage color scheme. Very good job, I wish I could have one. :thumbup:

A nice military Humvee with good piece of suspensions. I really like that nice touch. :sweet:

That is really well built! I have never seen a HUMVEE in person but it looks like the ones in the pictures.

How much did this cost? I'm tempted to build one...

About $22.00 all told with various orders from bricklink to do the overall color scheme in tan. The only pieces I never got in tan, because I couldn't justify paying the price for them were a tan wedge plate 4x2 left for the hood (that averages a little over $1.00) and tan tile, modified 1x1 with clip (that costs anywhere between $0.46 and $2.00, and you could need anywhere from 4 to 8 of them depending on design changes). Changing the color scheme changes the cost. Hope that helps and thanks for the compliments.

Thanks for resizing :wink:

The only pieces I never got in tan, because I couldn't justify paying the price for them

I think the colour scheme is pretty good as it is; it has a nice camouflaged look. A few more splashes of dark green would work a treat. It looks great; be sure to update us as you improve it! :sweet:

Hello!

A very realistic looking representation of the vehicle. :classic: I like best the way you uised the old 1x8 fence piece for the shock protection. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Um, wow. Dare I say this looks perfect? The proportions, and angles all seem just spot on, and I love the color choice and the fact that fig's fit in it.

I love it!!!!! :thumbup:

Nice modifications to Legohaulic's design. The front section and grille are much more realistic-looking, in my opinion. The camouflage technique is neat, but I think it would look better if you just stuck with tan and dark tan and left out the dark green.

Impressive HUMVEE gcanik. The minifig's are nicely detailed as well as the roof and front of the car.