Sign in to follow this  
Skafte

[MOC] Landshuttlespeeder

gallery_101_23_281.gif

There is a SW mashup contest over at FBTB, and this is my entry:

5691042593_a645a25644.jpg

It's acombination of a Landspeeder and an Imperial Shuttle. This Bounty Hunter came across the parts, combined them and gave the thing a respray.

It flies also:

5691615694_c6aaf21139.jpg

The faint red glow on the background comes from light bricks in the engines. More pics on my Flickr.

Credits to Praiter Yed for the front of the speeder!

Not bada at all , I really like it's shape , and although these two vehicles are really hard to combine , the creation is a total success

I dunno, I feel as though this mash up is not fluid enough. It looks too much like you chopped the front end of the Landspeeder and replaced the cockpit of the Shuttle.

Great color scheme though. However it doesnt feel all that interesting compared to some of the other entries like the Egg Ceptor.

Not bad. The shape of the two individual parts is there. Although while they are supposed to be ugly, I tend to agree with Solscud in that it looks more like the bounty hunter chopped off part of one ship and part of another and put them together. I don't know how to describe it. I also kinda think that there's too much Shuttle in here, with it missing only the cockpit.

Sorry, but this comes across as terribly lazy. You just replaced the cockpit, one change doesn't make for a good conversion.

It's ok as I see. But I have to agree with what Solscud007 said. Try to add some extra detail on the model to not make it look like you just replace on part with another. And in my opinion switch the color of the tiles on the front with the black front to make the model look more realistic like. Anyways it's pretty much a good model.

Edited by Roodaksta

Its a very nice smooth build, but I feel it might look nice if your fusion was more spread out rather than so subtle.

Great job :thumbup:

I concur with the above posts. On the other hand, I'd like to see you scrap the landspeeder part entirely and just finish the Lambda shuttle (though the main body will definitely need some work if you're considering that).

Thanks for all the comments! The engines are also Landspeeder. And both veicles are built from scratch, so I wouldn't really call it "lazy". Well, design-wise maybe.

I hope for more than zero votes, that was my result in the latest contest I entered at FBTB (Separatist's shuttle alternate).

I agree with KDM, It's an unusual mash-up that slightly resembles the T-16. And like FallenangeI I'd also like to see you tackle the full shuttle - it looks interesting.

BTW thanks for the shout-out - I'm honoured - but I think you changed the design quite a lot from how I did it.

BTW thanks for the shout-out - I'm honoured - but I think you changed the design quite a lot from how I did it.

Yup, but I would never have come up with using two 2x2 curved slopes on the corners. I remembered seeing "someone's" Landspeeder using them, and thanks to the MOC index, I found it. The connection is not very sturdy in my model...

Interesting creation 'Skafte', though it does look like a speeder and shuttle fused together by Monster Gargage ! :laugh:

good luck in the contest and may the brick be with you always ! :grin:

Hello!

Another unexpected combination. :classic: It's amazing what original concepts people come up with! My most favourite part for this creation is its name, it's a well-sounding funny word. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher