Sign in to follow this  
Hollander

Introduction and first MOC

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello there,

As you can see, I'm new here: an 18 year old guy from the Netherlands. My username, Hollander, means 'Dutchmen'. I've been building (not really playing) with Lego since I was about 4 years old and I'd get my first Star Wars lego set at the age of seven (Luke's landspeeder), when Star Wars: The Phantom Menace was for the first time on TV. When I turned thirteen I just wasn't interested in Lego anymore. But about four months ago, I started visiting websites such like Mocpages again, and when I saw the new Star Wars sets for 2011 in the local shop, I couldn't resist buying some. Since then, I became addicted to Star Wars Lego again and I've been buying a bunch of sets in the meanwhile. Because all my older Lego is somewhere else now, I only have about 7 or 8 Lego Star Wars sets to build with at the moment.

Anyway, I've been reading this forum for a couple of months now, and I love this place! I saw lots and lots of just beautiful MOC's. I'm not as skilled as most of the folks here, but I'll do my best. So, here is my first MOC:

{The technic Lego at the bottom is not actually a part of the ship; just a stand, I didn't had enough clear pieces to make it 'float')

2v97tyd.png

34oy41v.png

1zyg64p.png

3467sbs.png

197fbd.png

Edited by KielDaMan
Indexed

Welcome!

I like this Moc it has a real star wars feel about it well done and as they say i await the next one! :thumbup:

welcome to the forums.

It looks good for your first moc. I really like the treads you used for the engines.

Photoshop is a friend. ;)

I cleaned this image just show you how much a little post photography editing can do to improve the look of your build. :thumbsup:

I did just a quick 90 second edit on this.

untitl26.jpg

Edited by Rook

That looks really great. What is it? haha Im thinking it is a cargo transport of some sort.

It does feel very much in the realm of SW. Good job. And welcome to EB!!

This is great for your fist MOC back from the Dark Ages! You've used a number of techniques that we usually don't see out of first MOCs, like the tracks wrapped around the engines. Can't wait to see what you do next.

Hello!

A pretty nice ship! I like the engine block most. It's nicely detailed and I am always fond of the old trans orange. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thanks for all the comments all!

That looks really great. What is it? haha Im thinking it is a cargo transport of some sort.

I was thinking about that too, it doesn't have a docking bay or an actual interior (except from the very simple cockpit), but my next MOC will certainly have some kind of neat interior, I'm working at it.

@Rook

That's an good idea; using photoshop. Guess I was to hasty and excited to post pictures of my ship, hehe.

Anyway, I opened photoshop too and addes some backgrounds:

zn4od3.png

2ueoe4y.png

5bsk5e.png

Welcome to EB Hollander! Your MOC is actually better than most MOC's I've seen here in the Star Wars forums. There are some building techniques you don't see on other models. And I see some greebles on the top and side of the model. Fantastic work!

That's really cool, Hollander. Does it have an interior? And I can easily see that transporting clones across the galaxy, and the Photoshopping looks great. :thumbup:

Really nice build. This looks a lot like something that would be used in the clone wars. The one thing I feel could be improved is the shape, I think its a little to boxy right now and could use a more distinguishing shape.

Great job :thumbup:

That's really cool, Hollander. Does it have an interior? And I can easily see that transporting clones across the galaxy, and the Photoshopping looks great. :thumbup:

Thanks for the responses, KingoftheZempk and others. :classic:

Unfortunately, it doesn't have an interior, except from the really standard cockpit (only two minifig seats, an dashboard and a couple of other basis pieces). It was my first real MOC since years, and the frame was at some points stressful enough for me. But... the next ship I'm working at will have an interior (I'm building it separated from the rest of the ship, and when it's finished I will just fit it in). Don't know how the ship itself is going to look though.

And I see some greebles on the top and side of the model.

Putting greebles on the ship is always the most entertaining part, because you're done with the stressful (for me) frame building and you can completely concentrate at filling up the surface of the ship which makes it look so much better without.

The one thing I feel could be improved is the shape, I think its a little to boxy right now and could use a more distinguishing shape.

Absolutely true, I'm going to keep that in mind at the previous build.

Welcome to EB Hollander! And thanks for sharing this creation, I must say it's a good build for a first MOC. Kudos also for your quick learning of better presentation of your MOC, those photoshopped versions are great! :thumbup: Cheers and have fun around the forums. :wink:

Welcome aboard Hollander.

A really nice MOC, does it have a name?

Really good , almost perfect taking your dark ages into account ! There are some parts that can be improved ( I 'm not a can of those tracks ) , but if that is your first one after your little eem break , then I can 't wait to see your next ones !

A really nice MOC, does it have a name?

Nope, well, not like the Millenium Falcon or Ebon Hawk at least. I just call it the 'Republic Cargo Transport'.

My next MOC is done, but I don't have a camera now, so I can't take pictures. It's some kind of large two-seater speeder. Oh well, you'll see for yourself next week.

By the way; do I have to open a new thread if I want to show off a new moc? Or should I put the pictures in this thread (maybe better if I would make a couple of smaller MOC's)

And I still have another question, about the website MOCpages. I hope someone can answer this: a couple of years ago I'd posted some pictures of a MOC on MOCpages, which was a really crappy pistol. But, that MOC was shown att the main page of MOCpages (not in the large picture, but in the smaller pictures below) and it did get some nice ratings etc, while the current ship I posted here doesn't get any ratings at all.

So, are the MOC's shown at the first page of MOCpages random?

And before I forget; thanks for the compliment Troopmaker and KimT (and others).

Edited by Hollander

By the way; do I have to open a new thread if I want to show off a new moc? Or should I put the pictures in this thread (maybe better if I would make a couple of smaller MOC's)

And I still have another question, about the website MOCpages. I hope someone can answer this: a couple of years ago I'd posted some pictures of a MOC on MOCpages, which was a really crappy pistol. But, that MOC was shown att the main page of MOCpages (not in the large picture, but in the smaller pictures below) and it did get some nice ratings etc, while the current ship I posted here doesn't get any ratings at all.

So, are the MOC's shown at the first page of MOCpages random?

Each MOC should get its own thread.

Those are the most popular MOCs of the day. If you post on a day when everyone else posts really MegaBloky stuff, then it's easy to make that section. Really, the sheer amount of MOCs that get posted on MOCpages every day make it really hard to get noticed if you don't join some groups, make some friends, and get yourself a following.

If you post on a day when everyone else posts really MegaBloky stuff, then it's easy to make that section. Really, the sheer amount of MOCs that get posted on MOCpages every day make it really hard to get noticed if you don't join some groups, make some friends, and get yourself a following.

The better choice would be to realize that there are too many clonelover n00bs on MOCpages and switch to Flickr. :laugh:

The better choice would be to realize that there are too many clonelover n00bs on MOCpages and switch to Flickr. :laugh:

After which you realize that the clonetards are all realizing that and moving to flickr as well.

But let's not argue about that in this thread.