• Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding
  2. 2. Which is your favourite model?

• Lighthouse Island
    • Lifeboat Boathouse
    • Fish Cafe

Great review and alternate builds.

I forsee one of these with the seaplane out off the dock. I definitely like the name "Grundy" too.

Great review, great set :thumbup:

I want this set, for the model, but also for the pieces, but they don't sell them yet here in the Netherlands :cry_sad:

Superb review, it's made me even more keen on getting this set!

Just a little scrap of information for you, the two secondary models are called boathouse with lifeboat and seafood restaurant with fishing boat.

Now to find it as cheap as I can in the UK!

Thank you! :)

What a brilliant review!

If you worked for BBC's Top Gear, it would be a programme worth watching. :thumbup:

I liked this set when I started seeing the pictures of this set get leaked out. Now seeing multiple reviews I'm positive I want this set. As odd as it sounds, personally it seems this is one set where I would buy it full price and not feel like I got ripped off or paid too much.

Wow Pandora, you sure have Rufus' excellent reviewing skills, this is really an impressive take on this Creator set. :thumbup: I love the crisp pictures as well as the presentation of the two alternate builds. The lighthouse is still the best model for me, followed by the Fish Cafe and lastly the Lifeboat House.

Thank you very much Kiel :sweet:

Great review.

I do love the look of this set. So much so that I may have accidentally stopped by the local TRU (hey, it's not my fault it's between me and pretty much anywhere I might ever want to go) and picked one up this evening. Can't wait to get building! :classic:

Thanks minifig_gal, I hope you enjoyed building it, too. It must be handy (but expensive) to have a TRU so close. :laugh:

Pandora your pictures are amazing, I loved the review and was wondering if anyone has approached you about the Reviewers Academy? I think you'd find it to be not that tough with your already impressive reviews.

If you're interested stop by here.

Thank you Big Cam, I'm flattered. I might just stop by!

Nice review !!! Thumbs up !!!

Thank you LEGO AFOL!

Great review and alternate builds.

I forsee one of these with the seaplane out off the dock. I definitely like the name "Grundy" too.

Thank you ETAV8R, and the name "Grundy" just seemed to fit :grin:

Great review, great set :thumbup:

I want this set, for the model, but also for the pieces, but they don't sell them yet here in the Netherlands :cry_sad:

Thank you legolijntje, I hope they start selling them there soon, it really is a great set :sweet:

Great review of an equally great set. :thumbup:

Thank you Mr_Malfoy!

Superb review, it's made me even more keen on getting this set!

Just a little scrap of information for you, the two secondary models are called boathouse with lifeboat and seafood restaurant with fishing boat.

Now to find it as cheap as I can in the UK!

Thank you! :)

Thank you coupi! And thanks for the additional info; the set wasn't listed on shop@home when I wrote the review, so I decided to just try to give appropriate names.

What a brilliant review!

If you worked for BBC's Top Gear, it would be a programme worth watching. :thumbup:

Thanks Legoless! I shall apply to the Beeb directly! :laugh:

I liked this set when I started seeing the pictures of this set get leaked out. Now seeing multiple reviews I'm positive I want this set. As odd as it sounds, personally it seems this is one set where I would buy it full price and not feel like I got ripped off or paid too much.

Thanks for your comments Canada_7. The CREATOR sets are often better value; I definitely don't feel ripped off as it was such a fun build (or fun builds), and it has some interesting parts.

Great review 'Pandora'. I really want one of this set, maybe two down the road. It could be a bit taller. That and I'm not too fond of the boat design. Oh well, thanks for the review :classic:

Just found out that you can get 5% discount at Manchester Discovery Centre, so it'll be less than £40 :) Definitely getting it in two weeks when we go!

I got this set saturday and it's already on display!

It's a very nice set, and I have decided to stick with the official built.

Thanks for the review, P !

Greetings! :classic:

I found this set at the local TRU yesterday. They had plenty in stock as well as the new harbor sets. This is a fantastic set for the money and I enjoyed the build as well! Wonderful details and a minifig...too bad this wasn't in line for an exclusive design. I think they could pull a number of details out on it with a sale price of $150 :devil:

Have you applied the silver stickers to reflect more light? I think they'd help alot. Let us fans know...;)

I've just finished mine and I (reluctantly) decided to apply the stickers because I was a tad disappointed with the light, and the difference is significant. If you're interested in the lighthouse operating to its full capacity, I would say it's worth doing and buying an extra of each brick off Bricklink or something for the other builds.