Marco Pirola's Lego Technic Caterpillar 323D L Excavator

Italian AFOL Marco Pirola/ caterpillar345 posted this

of his Lego Technic Caterpillar 323D L Excavator. It features:

"- 5 M Motors

- 1 XL Motor

- 1 Battery box

- 3 IR Receivers

- 3 IR Remote controls

- Motorized LAs (except the second half arm LA), superstructure rotation and tracks

"Still missing right handrails and mirror, and Cat decals. Linear actuators [LAs] were painted in gloss black with airbrush." *oh2* Additional pictures of this and other creations are on his website http://www.webalice.it/m.pirola/lego.htm and on his Brickshelf gallery.

323-03.jpg323-09.jpg Edited by DLuders

I saw that on youtube last night :sweet:,it's a great excavator shame it is not pneumatic and he as painted the la's black.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

a great little gem! but I wanted to know one thing! I also wanted to do the track structure and the Motoi made ​​him how he did it but how can I feed them after? because if you put in the step where you turn 360 after a while intertwine! can you help me?

excuse me could you tell me how did the undercarriage?

He used Lego bricks and plates stuck together,you can see more pictures from his Brickshelf page.

I think he used a chain drive to power the direction of the excavator.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

It will be something like this:

trackframe_zps902c9765.png

The cables I imagine will go through the center of the turntable.

Probably similar to the 8043, by routing two axles through the turntable using either clutch gears and a driving ring, or a 4L differential

Probably similar to the 8043, by routing two axles through the turntable using either clutch gears and a driving ring, or a 4L differential

According to the video,I don't think it does.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

You're right, didn't see that video. But if that is the final version he used, then there is no way to prevent the tangling of wires, unless there is a support coming up through the turntable, holding the batterybox in place, allowing the entire superstructure to rotate around it.

However, on the final version, he has placed all three IR receivers on the top, so if the motors are in the chassis, that would mean two wires going through the turntable, and there is no way to prevent twisting of cables then.

@legomania94 you could try this:

800x450.jpg

Seeing as the creator is Italian, you should have no problem explaining your wish to him :wink:

thank you very much any other ideas? the change that I wanted to do was for the excavator undercarriage zorex doing the same as the real one but do not know how to put the engines and the link to the tracks! I've already tried to contact him not responding!

Ehm David, why does it say you're banned? That would be a shame! Thanks for sharing, it looks great!

Edited by Lost_In_Noise

Ehm David, why does it say you're banned? That would be a shame! Thanks for sharing, it looks great!

He was banned almost a year ago.