Sign in to follow this  
Stardusty

The Naboo One

gallery_101_23_281.gif

My entry for Hybridfighter contest on FBTB.

Mix of GGS and Naboo Starfighter with new color scheme.

It's not the best in contest, but it was difficult and fun for me to build something like that (I'll

hardly try to build something like that ever again).

I'm not even sure about the size of Naboo starfighter engines. :blush:

The Naboo One

Story:

Jake is deserted Clone Trooper.

After he was ordered to kill his Jedi Commander, he ran away and bought himself a ticket to Tatooine.

He considered himself safe there, but ahd no money. He started to work to earn himself enough money to buy a

ship, so he can escape to the planets in Outer Rim (how ever is that called).

After few years, he meet some junkyard seller who cheaply sold him some remains of The Soulless One, Naboo Starfighter

and some old podracer. Podracer's pieces were in so bad condition that he couldn't use them, so he mixed

Grievous's Starfighter (Obi-Wan sold him to get money to start life on Tatooine) with Naboo and added alternative color

scheme. He decided to wear his old battle armor again and find a new life on some normal planet.

He even made some modifications on it. One of them are flags on engines that are used

for braking, since it's engines can't slow down easily.

And taaadaaa, this was created.

5696636971_2097e4d76a.jpg

The Naboo One by hrcywindu, on Flickr

5696174238_a9610bccda.jpg

The Naboo One by hrcywindu, on Flickr

Thanks to gogocar for borrowing me the windscreen piece. :)

Hope you like it.

Very nice job Stardusty, as I have told you a million times on every possible Lego forum.

I'm not seeing any naboo fighter.

Just look at the shape!

I really like the colours you used, it gives it a fresh look.

Good luck in the contest.

Just look at the shape!

I really like the colours you used, it gives it a fresh look.

Good luck in the contest.

GG's fighter and the N1 have the same basic shape.

If the creator used engines more like those from a naboo fighter set, it would be more recognizable. And the color scheme while nice throws it off even more.

Excellent creation 'Stardusty', gee this FBTB contest is a tough one eh ? :laugh:

I see inspiration from someone else's starfighter ? :wink:

Good luck to you and may the brick be with you ! :grin:

Nice entry Stardusty, though it took me quite a while to figure out the N-1 elements as this hybrid mostly looks like a recolored version of the Souless One. Still good job and hope you do well in the contest.

Nice ship. I feel that it looks a little more GGS than N-1, maybe a little yellow would look nice. This is a very nice starfighter, and I love the tan and red stripes.

Great job :thumbup:

I think the problem here, Stardusty, is that you've incorporated only shapes of the N-1 into the GG Starfighter that already pretty much exist in the GG SF. You've also chosen two ships that are pretty similar.

Thank you for comments.

I see what you mean, but that was 4th idea I have (1st Y-wing - Naboo starfighter, 2nd GGS - Y-wing (not enough pieces,

but it was a great idea), 3rd GGS - A-wing and than this came to mind).

I know it's more GGS than N1, but I don't excpect winning, so only thing that bothers me

is lack of pieces for bigger engines. :blush::laugh:

@Brickdoctor: Yes, you are right, but they were small and end result needed to be in minifig scale, so this

was something I was able to build and mix in right scale. Well, I'm happy with how it turned out, although it's not

going to win (my favourite is mix of Tridroid starfighter and TIE Interceptor :classic: ).

Hello!

You chose two vehicles that allow for a harmonic combination. The result is a rather pretty than ugly looking starfighter, as the long Nubian engines and tails suit the Belbullab-22 also very well! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Very nice MOC Stardusty! The use of the General Grevious Starfighter front was a good use on the model and fits with the color scheme. And I like how you made the shape look the Naboo fighter.

Thank you for your kind comments!

Hello!

You chose two vehicles that allow for a harmonic combination. The result is a rather pretty than ugly looking starfighter, as the long Nubian engines and tails suit the Belbullab-22 also very well! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

That was the idea of it. :grin:

My brain simply negates the idea to create something that looks ugly to me. :sceptic: