Sign in to follow this  
kost u grlu

MOC: Egg'ceptor

gallery_101_23_281.gif

For FBTB's hybridfighter contest! This is hybrid between Y-wing and TIE Interceptor :laugh: . This was a quick and fun build!

Egg'ceptor

5694568855_d9ea882c6c_z.jpg

5695141300_a47237a4fc_z.jpg

5694569777_f9e5f7c27e_z.jpg

5695142230_4053bb5337_z.jpg

Thanks for watching!

Both Y-wing's and TIE's parts are made great, but they are instantly recognisable.

It's brilliant.

Good luck in the contest.

That's an awesome and interesting hybrid, kost u grlu.

I like the technique used for the Y-Wing cockpit, and the one around the "egg".

The R2-D2 in that spot is a nice touch. I hope you win :thumbup: .

Saw this on flickr yesterday, and it's genius. Love the way you combined the Interceptor's ball cockpit with the Y-wing's engine dome.

Easily my favourite entry so far! Love the asymmetrical look. Would be a beast to fly, no doubt.

Great recreation of all the ship parts, too.

From the "normal" point of view, it looks very strange - but the techniques you used are very impressive. It looks neat and cool - I like it, even if this kind of starship makes no sense :laugh:

Great work!

Wow this is amezing! I really like the way you made the tie interceptor wing. Would love to see the complete fighter with the wing design.

Good luck in the contest.

AWESOME creation 'kost u grlu', though crazy in design it's quite believable in the Star Wars universe.....just look at the Falcon ! :laugh:

Good luck in the contest and may the brick be with you ! :grin:

Great model, the individual ships would even be great MOCs if you finished them. The TIE cockpit is great using the dome piece instead of the usual printed brick, even if it's white.

Very well done hybrid kost u grlu, quite an interesting and unusual fusion of the Y-Wing and the Interceptor. Good luck in the contest! :thumbup:

Wow, really amazing. I think its cool to combine two opposing ships, and you have done and excellent job at that. Both the parts of the ships you have look amazing. I think it would be awesome if you made a full y-wing with that cocpit because it is just :wub: I wish you the best of luck in the contest.

Great job :thumbup:

Wow now that is an ugly fighter!!!! Not that it is not cool to look at, but I think it embodies the spirit of the contest. Very different indeed.

I agree very much with Solscud above me. This MOC truly embodies what I imagine when I (sometimes shamefully) read Star Wars novels that have Uglies in them. It really looks like somebody took big chunks of both ships, did a bit of welding and rewiring, and then took off. Excellent job.

Hello!

That is a very original asymmetric hybrid. :classic: To use only one centered Y-Wing engine is quite inventive, and I like the SNOT techniques you used for the Y-Wing head and the solar panel. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I agree totally with Legostein. This mash up makes for a very unusual looking space-craft but one that is also totally believable. The solar array leading to the engine then a separate cockpit makes perfect sense. :thumbup: