Bonaparte

10218 Pet Shop

Anybody else find that, because of these modular buildings, they tend to look at all cool buildings now and wonder if they could "pull off" that design in LEGO? :grin:

Even a local tv show ("Structures") has me looking at all of those cool historical buildings and wondering if I've got the chops to convert them via LEGO. :laugh:

Like I wasn't already addicted enough to these little plastic bricks...

There is one I would love to try and tackle: 2 story building with 3 curved front on a corner. 2 facing east along main street, and 1 on side street facing north. The curved section ends above the roof with half a peaked roof (like Addam Family building). The challenge is the intersection is not square but rather the road intersect at about 45 degree so the building would have a narrow cheese wedge like front corner. This means very difficult challenge to design stable floor inside the building without the seam from 2 angles.

Sadly, I've spent most of my budget on a trip to Tenerife :hmpf_bad: now I have to choose my Lego carefully.... It's either the Pet Shop or the Maersk Train....

Intresting new modular building, lots of details as usual, and great pieces. Can somebody say if this Transparent piece be new, or if its not, what piece is it? Cant really tell from the picture. It seems like transparent minifigure head for me.

pet-11.jpg

Captain Becker

I would like to pick this set up tomorrow, we will see. I once again am impressed with the amount of new building techniques and details in this set.

1. Look at the doorbell that doubles as a coat rack on the back side.
  2. Look at the technique used to hold the pets sign together.
  3. Look at the drain spout.
  4. Look at the paint roller.
  5. Look at all the new blue.
  6. Look at the transparent minifig head as a flower pot, and the reintroduced windshield for a fish tank.
  7. Look at the new toilet design.

Jamie Berard (and team) once again delivers!

I love this. I can't wait to get one!

Amazing to see two complete buildings with interiors and some really interesting techniques. I like the toilet of course as well as the spiral staircase. But apart from these I think I like the small garden in front of the residential house the most. It really suits the house.

And of course these houses will fit really nice between my other modular buildings. Thank you Jamie Berard!

It seems like transparent minifigure head for me.

It seems the same brick as used in the lamp posts to me.

Surprise! Both of you are right: The bricks used in the lamp posts ARE transparent minifigure heads!

part 3626b

Surprise! Both of you are right: The bricks used in the lamp posts ARE transparent minifigure heads!

part 3626b

Look, a lucky guess :laugh: The picture was a bit odd and i already though at it was a new piece.

Silly me, cant even regonize Lego elements :hmpf_bad: Someone should punish me for this :cry_sad:

I cant even regonize 2x4 brick soon. :laugh:

Captain Becker

I've just ordered the Pet Shop.

I've also ordered the trains (passenger train, cargo train, Emerald Night and Maersk Cargo) and the train station.

I'm gonna have a lot of fun this week-end. :cry_happy:

Edited by Pazoozoo

I've got about 12 hours till I can order it. :cry_sad: I think I'm gonna cry after I make that call, sitting in the window waiting for it.

Edited by Legocrazy81

Can anyone who has this set tell me the countries in which the set says the parts are made in? It would be really helpful, thank you.

I ordered the Pet shop and my all lego boxes directly from the lego shop online.

The boxes leave from Billund, Denmark. I guess it's the town where is the Lego Company.

So for my case, the boxes comes directly from the manufacturer to the customer.

On the boxes it is said, the components are made in Denmark, Hungary, Czech Republic and China.

Edited by Pazoozoo

Just picked up the Pet Shop at my local store.

Can't wait to build it later today!

Posted from my iPhone.

Nice work grogall! I put my order in but it will be about 2 weeks before it gets here. :look:

Let us know how it goes!

Odd tried to order online via uk store and it's saying not available.

Just seems to be the UK and Ireland where its not available! BOO!

Here are the links to the instructions!

Book 1

instructions.gif

Book 2

instructions.gif

They are not up yet, :cry_sad: but should be shortly!

enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Just picked up the Pet Shop at my local store.

Can't wait to build it later today!

Posted from my iPhone.

Grogall,

Can you please post some pictures of the whole modular street ASAP (like tonight maybe?)

I cann't wait to see the line-up.

It looks like I'll have to be patient till Fathersday before I get my hands on the Pet Shop.

:hmpf_bad::look::cry_sad:

Henri

Grogall,

Can you please post some pictures of the whole modular street ASAP (like tonight maybe?)

I cann't wait to see the line-up.

It looks like I'll have to be patient till Fathersday before I get my hands on the Pet Shop.

:hmpf_bad::look::cry_sad:

Henri

I'll see what I can do, I have to work late tonight, but I have a free day tomorrow !

Not available in the USA either! :angry:

Really? I ordered mine this morning at about 8am. Oh man! 4-7 days and it'll be in my possession.

We need to start a new thread for User's customization of the interior's of the apartments. I for one think they are lacking detail and should look more like this:

BSINS3.jpg

Went to my Lego store in Queens, NY this morning. They didn't have any out on the shelves, but the salesperson brought one out from the back for me. So, if you go to your Lego store and don't see it out... just ask for it! They're there! :laugh: