Bonaparte

10218 Pet Shop

I built this set only knowing that it was a pet shop. I glanced front box a couple of times, when purchasing the set online, tried to avoid looking at it as much as possible. I wanted the build to be a surprise while I was building it. I also did not look at any of the press release pictures. I have to say I am amazed by this set and there were some great suprises in the build. What really impressed me was the basement, the painting scene was also amazing. The parrots were very very cool also.

I have only built grand emporium and pet shop of the modulars but I have looked at the pictures of the other sets and reviews of them as well. In my opinion the pet shop is one of the best sets with all of the details the design.

I have some ideas to improve the interior a little on both buildings, but where they are now is great. I can't wait to se the next set, and plan to build it the same way I did this set, with as little as information as possible. It really added to the build experience.

Which one looks better?

I think the symmetric townhouses with the bay windows on the outside looks great. I plan to build two copies of Green Grocer in the same manner.

I think the symmetric townhouses with the bay windows on the outside looks great. I plan to build two copies of Green Grocer in the same manner.

That was my plan, as well. Unfortunately, never got a second GG. Prices were always more than I was willing to pay for a duplicate set. :hmpf_bad:

In case anyone was wondering. I took my daughter to the Lego store yesterday. She did show interest in the set, but I think she was most excited about the Death Star on display. :tongue: I'm sticking with the Pet Shop, however, since I feel it's more appropriately priced for a child's X-mas gift.

Excellent The Yellow Brick!!!!

Tried to do a similar video a few days ago, but the result was not there... not good lightening, camera not still... didn't do the build and pics at the same place... well nothing to compare with yours...

Even if I have built it recently I had fun watching your stop motion vid, well done!

PS: How did you embed the video in the post??? Did you use the following code:

Or did you use another technic?

Euhhh... got my answer...:-)

Thanks again!

Cheers from switzerland

Edited by SwissBrick

Excellent The Yellow Brick!!!!

Tried to do a similar video a few days ago, but the result was not there... not good lightening, camera not still... didn't do the build and pics at the same place... well nothing to compare with yours...

Even if I have built it recently I had fun watching your stop motion vid, well done!

Thanks again!

Cheers from switzerland

Oh no I didn't make that video, I don't even own the set yet :grin: I just found it on YouTube and I thought I'd post it as it might be useful for some people.

Here's a video of the pet shop being built -

Nice find The Yellow Brick, that was enjoyable to watch. :thumbup: (in MUTE though :grin: )

Thanks The Yellow Brick for sharing that! It was really fun and interesting to watch, and it showed a lot of the excellent details.

So here is a very basic two level add-on of my pet shop,  nothing very eventfull going on. I just need to raise the height to start matching some of the other buildings. And yes if you don't pay the parking meter your car will get towed

Exterior pet shop