Bonaparte

10218 Pet Shop

10218 Pet Shop - Official Press Release

10218 Pet Shop

Ages 16+. 2,032 pieces.

US $149.99 CA $199.99 DE 149.99 € UK 119.99 £

Available: Beginning of May

Continuing the LEGO® Modular Buildings series, this highly detailed, 3-story Pet Shop building and townhouse with full internal and external detailing is the perfect addition to your LEGO town. Greet customers with a menagerie of pets and let them treat them with a selection of toys and supplies. The pet shop building features a hinged staircase for easy access, upper apartment with kitchenette and upper loft overlooking the open plan interior below. To the side, the tastefully appointed townhouse features a detailed ground floor with accessories and spiral staircase leading to the upper floor. The attic space features storage boxes and French doors leading out to an elegant front balcony, while the rooftop garden, complete with fresh vegetables, brightens up the rear of the building.

• Includes 4 minifigures with accessories: pet shop owner, girl on bicycle, painter with paint roller and woman!

• Pet shop includes dog, cat, 2 parrots and fish tank with goldfish!

• Also includes 3 dog bones, ball, frog toy, birdhouse, bucket and brush!

• Kitchenette features stone fireplace, stove, sink, coffee maker and small table and chair!

• Upper loft features skylight, bed and lamp!

• Townhouse features ground floor with mailbox and mail, hat rack, couch, telephone, toilet and access to basement crawl space!

• Measures 11″ (25.5cm) wide and 10.5″ (26.5cm) high!

• Combine with other modular buildings, like 10197 Fire Brigade and 10211 Grand Emporium!

pet-16.jpg

pet-15.jpg

pet-13.jpg

pet-12.jpg

pet-11.jpg

pet-10.jpg

pet-09.jpg

pet-08.jpg

pet-07.jpg

pet-06.jpg

pet-14.jpg

pet-05.jpg

pet-04.jpg

pet-03.jpg

pet-02.jpg

pet-01.jpg

Finally the press pictures! Thanks for them! I have to admit that I like the Pet shop quite a lot, especially the combination with the house on the upper levels, the void looks good in there. The brown-orange house looks rather plain on the inside, this one needs some modding. I'm still not sure about this set..

Ah, I missed the movie at first sight. It says that they picked elements from all the previous buildings to add to this one. That sort of explains the similarities ;)

Edited by kciR

Thank you Boney!!! I am going to watch this video with great anticipation. Love every bit of this new modular release. :wub:

Wish Svelte is here to see this. :look:

Thanks for this Bonaparte default_thumbup.gif, I'll watch the video later.

and just noticed the return of yellow flowers default_laugh2.gif

Edited by The Yellow Brick

Oh dear god - this looks like an amazing set. So many details and so many new ideas. My favourite is the painter at work - cool idea :laugh:

Thanks, Bonaparte!

This is looking amazing. There's so many lovely details. Some people are complaint that the town house is a bit empty (which it is) but you could move the furniture from the petshop into the townhouse. That way you'd have a full house, and a petshop with a spare room. The dog is a nice surprise, as I wasn't expecting a new print at all, and the recoloured fish is brilliant.

Although, one of the pictures is a little distasteful. The petshop owner is frying the tropical fish! :look::tongue:

Wish Svelte is here to see this. :look:

I feel silly asking this, but what happened to him?

£120? WHY????? Green Grocer was £100, and this has a good 300 less pieces, and yet it costs £20 more?

Edited by HighFlyer

£120? WHY????? Green Grocer was £100, and this has a good 300 less pieces, and yet it costs £20 more?

GG was released... how many years ago? Prices (as well as salaries) go up, get used to it.

I have added HR images to my BS gallery all pictures are 2500+ pxl.

Box cover link's to Gallery!

a_10218_box_front_800.jpg

the folder is now public! :thumbup:

Edited by grogall

Simply stunning... I'm in dubio whether or not to buy it (it will be my first modular), but I'm afraid I might get hooked to the 'line' :laugh:

I've decided to get into the modular houses. I really love the high detail of them in everything I've seen so far. I just hope I'm not too late because the prices of early sets of the series such as Green Grocer and Cafe Corner are already kind of scary, reaching beyond the 500 € range. Thus I decided yesterday to order the Fire Brigade from Lego.com, before it goes out of print and the price starts to skyrocket.

This set is definitely also one that will be in my house some day.

Simply stunning... I'm in dubio whether or not to buy it (it will be my first modular), but I'm afraid I might get hooked to the 'line' :laugh:

I will buy ASAP! That's what happened to me. One modular led to another and another and another. I just wanted the CC, but I now have the CC, GG, GE and the FH. Looks like I have a new LEGO collection where I was just going to have one then back to other LEGO interests, instead I have a new LEGO interest!

I do not believe many can buy/build just one modular.

Andy D

GG was released... how many years ago? Prices (as well as salaries) go up, get used to it.

I know, but for 2032 pieces £120 is too steep. And I would also like to point out that all Modulars with the exception of MS have been $150 in America. If 10218 is $150 in the U.S, it should be £90 - 100. Plus, with all the new city harbour sets, creator lighthouse and hill house, and still the Grand Emporium to buy, cash is scarce in my wallet :sad:

Finally, the pictures. (After a week of holidays in Rome, I could finally see them posted here today)

I have to say: Chapeau for Jamie Berard again.

It is amazing to see how this artist is able to come up again with a set that is appealing to adults as well as children.

I can't wait get this set. (Hint: fathersday is coming up, kids....)

I am very eager to get to see this set lined up with all the other modulars. Curious what will be my favourite line up......

Please post pictures of your line-ups here, I'd say.

Jamie Berard, thanks again for this fabulous set, please keep them coming to us. There's plenty of idea's on this forum for a next modular.

You can still make most of us happy with either a post-office or a bank, but anything from your hands in this line will do for me!!

Carpe Lego ! :thumbup::classic::thumbup::classic::thumbup::classic:

Henri

I've warmed up to this set. I think it is nice that is a little shorter, and it really does give off that homey, quaint feel. I'll be getting this one for sure.

Didn't the new dog star in a documentary that was recently screened on National Geographic? I seem to recall an artist sculpting it.

I feel half-impressed and half-bored with this, I feel the fire station had a better kitchen, though the bed is very nice and the following - toliet, telephone & paint roller are works of sheer genius. At number one is the telephone, oh, I wan't to scratch-build a stack of those. :grin:

But some of the build seems up inspiring to me as parts of the building look boring, unlike the Green Grocer. Yes, there is the stair-case with bay window, but that's it ! :wink:

I will say as a positive something strange, new parts....mainly the animals and one in particular already talked about today....the dog is new, but what breed is this puppy and it's a big puppy. Are we sure he can't escape from that pen. :laugh:

Now another negative, sorry, but I gotta say that cash register is the worst ever....it's too narrow and whats with antenna on it - register pull handle like on old school registers ? :wink:

Apart from that the shop is I feel the nice part of the creation, the rest have patches of AWESOMENESS with boring bits.

No I won't be buying this, but the shop design I might use in the future. :wink:

Brick On everyone ! :grin: