Sign in to follow this  
BrickArtist

Lukes T-47 Snowspeeder

Hi everyone! Here's my entry to the vehicles section of the contest. I decided on an OT MOC because there's a lot of fans around here, and I wanted to have a variety in my entries. Alike my BARC, I'm going for Asthetics, my intention was to make something that looked good. I also wanted to maintain originality in this MOC, so I've designed my own nose instead of using the unbeatable Larry Lars design. While mine isn't half as good as his, I did like what it did for the front of the model. I've also used some Dk. Red markings to make it my own(Maybe that's just the Republic vehicles instinct kicking in :laugh:.) Anyways, here it is. :classic:

t-47_main.jpg

Nose shot:

t-47_nose.jpg

Thanks for looking, please drop me a comment about what's good and what's bad. Best of luck to all the competitors, and a big thanks to the Mods for hosting! :classic:

Is there a reason why the two sloped bricks, at the nose, are not plugged in all the way?

No. They must have slipped out a bit.

Very nice, I like your unique take on this T-47. You've got some pretty interesting and unique techniques and detailing I've never seen in other snowspeeder builds, so kudos for originality and improvisation. :thumbup:

Nice T-47. It has some interesting techniques, but it seems a little disproportionate. I think using that cockpit forces you to make the whole thing a little long. Also the front looks a little awkward with the gaps. Also some other views would be really nice to be able to see views of the back especially.

Great job :thumbup:

This is a really good design , but I think you should replace the old light gray bricks with some light bley ones if you have any . Still like it though !

After almost perfect snowspeeder was made, you made something that's still accurate, but with some new techiques.

:thumbup:

Greatdesign! :thumbup:

Very nice, I like your unique take on this T-47. You've got some pretty interesting and unique techniques and detailing I've never seen in other snowspeeder builds, so kudos for originality and improvisation. :thumbup:

Nice T-47. It has some interesting techniques, but it seems a little disproportionate. I think using that cockpit forces you to make the whole thing a little long. Also the front looks a little awkward with the gaps. Also some other views would be really nice to be able to see views of the back especially.

Great job :thumbup:

This is a really good design , but I think you should replace the old light gray bricks with some light bley ones if you have any . Still like it though !

Thanks!

@ Troopmaker: I considered sifting through the bins for the correct colors, yet I decided a mix would more accurate.

snowspeeder_side-LT.jpg

After almost perfect snowspeeder was made, you made something that's still accurate, but with some new techiques.

:thumbup:

Greatdesign! :thumbup:

Thanks! That was the toughest part: finding new material. I was really hesitant to use another's technique, because people will always say "Nice work build 82% of the SnowSpeeder!". Thus taking away from the model a bit (IMO).