WhiteFang

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 4 Building Contest

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 4 Building Contest

[CATEGORY A Entries]

gallery_4229_64_9227.jpg

Get ready for a contest so exciting that you'll fourget your headgear!

Category A - Build an 8x8 Vignette

Build an 8x8 vignette from any theme where you could display any of the 16 new Collectable Minifigures from Series 4. It can be Town, Medieval or even Space. As long you are able to relate the chosen theme and minifigures to your audience, then you are on the right track.

Where would you display one of these in Category A?

84.jpg

Viking ~ Mad Scientist ~ Lawn Gnome ~ The Monster ~ Sailor ~ Street Skater ~ Werewolf ~ Ice Hockey Player

Ice Skater ~ Soccer Player ~ Hazmat Guy ~ Kimono Girl ~ Musketeer ~ Artist ~ Surfer Girl ~ Punk Rocker

*IMPORTANT NOTE: ONE ENTRY PER POST PER MEMBER IN EACH CATEGORY AND

BE SURE TO MENTION WHICH MINIFIGURE YOU BUILT YOUR ENTRY FOR IN CATEGORY A*

Category A - The Rules

1. Build a vignette that measures 8 studs by 8 studs. (No height limit.).
  2. A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifigures accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base.
  3. You may use the same type of minifigure in both categories.
  4. This is a building contest. Be creative. Any themes are allowed as long you are able to relate the vignette for the minifigure which you are building for.
  5. No Series 4 minifigures are required. You don't need to own the figure to create a home for it, and it will not improve your chances if you do. You may not include the official minifigure or it's new accessories/parts from Series 4 in your official entry pictures. You may use accessories that are already existed, but not new ones from Series 4 like the electric guitar, rapier, for example. Please note Series 1, 2 and 3 minifigures and parts are allow in this category.
  6. No clone brands or custom parts including decals, stickers, cut outs unless it's official TLG stickers.
  7. Custom parts includes BricksArms, BrickForge, etc.
  8. No placeholder minifigure (Series 4) can be used to reflect the actual position in the entry.
  9. There is no parts limit as long as it all fits within the vignette.
  10. Entries are to be posted in this topic.
  11. One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette without the minifigure you built it for. Include the name (type) of that minifigure and the theme that you have done. Other minifigures may appear in the pictures. You may include up to 2 more images following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.
  12. Digital backgrounds are allowed.
  13. No LDD entries.
  14. Upload your images onto those dedicated image hosting websites such as Brickshelf, Flickr, etc. Do not use Eurobricks attachment to upload your images.
  15. No webcam or handphone camera images can be used for the submitted entry. It must be taken in a clean and decent background with enough brightness to show the beauty of your entry.
  16. The contest begins now and will end on the 20th of June, 2011 at 1200hrs (GMT+8). Voting will begin immediately after that and will last 7 days.
  17. In the event of a tie, the Staff will vote to decide the winner(s) and all Staff decisions are final.
  18. Any violation of the rules will be subject to disqualification.

The Voting!

At the end of the entry period, a posting topic will appear listing the eligible entries for the above categories. Members who joined prior to the start of the contest will then be able to post how they wish to use their 3 points to vote for the entries they like best. A single entry may receive all 3 points, or the points may be divided between 2 or 3 entries, however the voter wishes. Detailed voting rules will be announced at the start of the voting. Members who join after the start of the competition may choose to enter but may not vote. This is to stop vote rigging.

It's just that simple!

Please use this thread for any further discussions or questions pertaining to this contest and most of all ...

Have fun!

WhiteFang

This is for the Hazmat Guy. Bob was inspecting the headquarters and found an unexpected surprise! So he used a very common but well known strategy, RUN!!!!! This is from the new theme, Alien Conquest.

hazard_4.jpg

Edited by PhantomX

Here's an entry!

5690296098_de1e36bb86.jpg

Clearly a place for the Geisha and Baseball Player to have trysts-- No! Scientist and his Monster.

[i've already shown this, so I hope it's not a breach of protocol!]

Hi everyone

There has been a nuclear waste spill and the hazmat guy was called out.

He ran in almost falling through the huge whole in the floor.

He managed to get rid of the waste but it was too late.

The waste had created a monster!!!

(the monsters arm is whats holding that guy up) :grin:

the hazmat guy goes on the 2x2 dark grey

(pics are all fixed now so enjoy :thumbup::classic: )

rsz_lego_030.jpg

rsz_lego_031.jpg

rsz_lego_032.jpg

thanks

legojazzbricks

Edited by WhiteFang
Member banned. Entry disqualified.

Well, I thought I'd enter Category A early :)

I give you...Frankenstein's Lab!

5692027822_9193987f63_z.jpg

Quite a fun build, I think I may enter more contests in the future!

Hold no grudges! Here's my entry for Catagory A, an electric chair for the Mad Scientist to execute the Monster! :tongue:

dsc03216i.jpg

dsc03217q.jpg

Here's my entry, again, for the Gnome in a Town/City setting.

In a quiet suburban backyard a gnome fishes eternally for nothingness. Thank goodness he has a friend who will never leave him in solitude.

5691056493_69d8b163ae_z.jpg

Edited by legitimatealex

I created this little number for the artist.

dsc00157.jpg

Here is a very pretty young woman in an artist's studio getting her portrait taken.

dsc00159.jpg

*I sure hope the artist gets here soon!*

Edited by WhiteFang

Title: The Black Widow

Theme: History

Minifig: The Musketeer

Background story: High on her castle tower Princess Rowena watches over her land languishing for love. Or so at least it seems...

img_1062.jpg

The princess 'accidentally' dropped her white handkerchief... so that the handsome musketeer can pick it up and bring it to her. Little does he know that he is not the first to fall in the hands of the princess... The princess surely likes whips and chains. In fact, the prison beneath the castle is littered with handsome musketeers and knights alike.

img_1060.jpg

There's even one (he looks a bit like a surfer) who is her current 'toyboy'. He does not seem to like it very much though...

img_1069.jpg

The title of my Entry is "Nine Months After the Raid - The Terror Begins Anew." It is meant to go with the Viking Minifigure and is in the Kingdom Theme (or maybe History Theme, whichever the Medieval Marketplace technically belongs to). There is a stud to place the Viking on but my guess is that he's not coming back.

100_1947.jpg

The whole vignette.

100_1942.jpg

A close up of mom and Jorg Jr.

Title: Mondriaan's first visit to Paris

Minifig: Painter

Walking along the Seine Mondriaan got inspired and started painting.

painter1.png

With the help of absinth a new painting style was born. For some the absinth worked differently.

mondriaan2.png

Edited by migilio

'The Last Musketeer'

Minifig: Musketeer

Theme: History

Background: All the Musketeers were disbanded, but one has stayed to do his duty. This is his camp next to a ruined castle.

the_last_musketeer.jpg

Good luck everyone :thumbup:

Help! Where is Haz-mat Guy!

There has been an accident at the plant and only Haz-mat Guy can help!

Theme: Town/City

Minifig: Haz-Mat Guy

5697367760_b23d4905fd_z.jpg

Help! by Triborough, on Flickr

Edited by Triborough

There can only be one !

Minifig: The Musketeer

final2.jpg

Every good sword movie needs a duel in the stairs, Highlander 1 is no exception. When I first saw the musketeer Minifig it made me think of Ramirez – MacLeod’s buddy played by Sean Connery. I wanted to build a Highlander MOC for a little while and this contest seemed like the right opportunity!

For those of you who have not seen the movie (…it’s from 1986), this is the moment when “the Kurgan” (aka a sort of bloodthirsty giant who’s only purpose in life is to shop every head around) is looking for MacLeod to finish him off… but… when he arrives at MacLeod’s place he stumbles across Ramirez and the whole thing ends up in a duel in the stairs. Needless to say that these 2 gentleman do make a little bit of damage on their way up and the tower is about to collapse when they reach the top floor. The story unfortunately does not end well for Ramirez… nor for poor MacLeod’s wife that you can spot on the first floor fleeing for her life…

Okay, heres my entry.

It's for the Lawn Gnome. A nice peacfull place for him to go relax and do a spot of fishing.

5704149019_3b6fe4de01_z.jpg

More pictures on my Flickr (Link in my signiture)

Good luck to everybody who enters :classic:

Here is my first entry for a Eurobricks contest. I'm a huge hockey fan so I couldn't resist giving the ice hockey minifig a home!

5711753648_b2f1b05f49_z.jpg

If interested, see additional angle on Flickr.

Hi all, here is my entry.

This is old control room in Nevada. Here in 40´s scientists observe nuclear tests.

Insert Hazmat guy.

5719225177_cb23f4bc2a_z.jpg

Hey guys!

Here's my entry for the contest:

Minifigure: Hazmat Guy

Theme: City

The "Waste Disposal Area" in the nuclear plant:5721231436_d8b1d27d82_z.jpg

EB Minifigures Series 4 Building Contest Category A by Lord Of The Fries, on Flickr

The other view of the "Waste Disposal Area":5721231754_4943cd5a10_z.jpg

EB Minifigures Series 4 Building Contest Category A by Lord Of The Fries, on Flickr

The First Floor:

5721232916_e7ae812d6e_z.jpg

The Second Floor (with the roof removed):

>image removed - rule violation<

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2339/5720674071_58b5b9b0a5_z.jpg

Hope you like my entry and good luck to all who entered!

Edited by Rufus
Too many images posted

OK...nearly missed out this one...been rather busy. But here I am...

Minifigure: Mad Scientist

Theme: City

Underneath a sewer, you will find teenage mutant ninja turtles. No wait...that got nothing to do with my creation. OK, a mad scientist with his insane experiments not tolerated by his fellow human beings had to seek elsewhere to continue his research - underneath the ground, underneath the sewer is where his lab was being established. And from the pictures we see some remnants of his newest research project...

The full view

DSC017091.jpg

Down into the sewers - it is a pretty dry one (guess the vegetation are quite thirsty)...with a trapdoor leading to the lab and of course a rodent, which is to be expected.

DSC017141.jpg

Yucks! A skeletonized human being, judging from her expression, she is probably still alive...What the hell is the mad scientist researching upon?!

DSC017131.jpg

Hope you all like my creation :) And hopefully I will do better than the previous two times.

After spending the last week or so planning and ordering parts for my Category B entry, I finally got around to sorting out the photos for my Category A entry:

Title: What Lies Beneath

Minifig: Crazy Scientist

Theme: Town / City

The scientist shook the flask in his hand ... no reaction ... batch X37T-A was a failure like all of his previous batches.

"Might as well just pour this batch down the sink and start again" he thought. "I mean, what harm can it do ... "

5748098395_d2a2b8c71f_z.jpg

5748308266_5399247319_z.jpg

5748302554_47a0918b35_z.jpg

The Crazy Scientist minifig stands with his flask in his left hand on the stud on the tiled floor.

Also, if you're wondering why the colours in the last photo are lighter in comparision to the first two, I had to adjust the exposure so that the detail in the lower half was visible.

I didn't realise how hard it would be to take photos of this model without over or underexposing sections of it.

Check out the complete set on Flickr if you are interested in seeing the vignette from another couple of angles as well as with the Crazy Scientist included: What Lies Beneath on Flickr

Edited by Darkblane

Vikings Attacking the Monastery – A Usual Event of the IX Century

Minifigure: Viking (obviously)

Theme: History\ Lego Vikings

This historical vignette depicts a part of monastery’s belfry attacked by Vikings. The place for CM-4 Viking is near the falling bell.

0.jpg

More great close-up pictures on my Brickshelf: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=473745

Bonus: shining stained-glass window (no photoshop effects, picture was taken yesterday evening near my window)

5.jpg

PS Really, there aren’t any Series 4 figs in my town in deep Siberia)

I present Alternate Brick with their hit single Built to Destroy. The Rocker stands behind the microphone on the right and sings backup vocals.

img_2682.jpg

Shot with the Rocker